And the mists clear...or do they?

np426z

Guest
OK, Wobbot, I'll accept that I've been had insofar as Ms Hooper may not be
all he/she seems, but 'twas done in such a weird manner that I'm not sure it
counts as trolling.

Either Virginiaz can write, and write well, or she spend considerable time
collecting and compiling her material into a coherent blob for publication
on the 'net. Given your comments about the amount of time she spends
on-line on AOL, and her identifiable posts to other newsgroups, I think that
what we have here is a rare, genuine, old-fashioned,
made-in-limited-numbers-for-your-delight, Usenet Kook.

Kooks - as well as being a valuable source of essential oils - have many
other uses on the 'net. They provide general entertainment, they scurry
around unearthing interesting sites, they say and do peculiar but amusing
things, and - most importantly - they help limit the number of sane posters
by scaring them away.

In short, a Kook is a very valuable asset for a newsgroup. We should be
proud of our rec.running Kook and do everything in our power to keep it
happy and healthy. For my part, I faithfully promise not to annoy or
upset the Kook any further. I shall - last thing at night - leave out
tasty morsels upon which it may feed. I shall make myself available to
take it walks to other newsgroups if it so wishes. And I shall no longer
soil its home territory with my inane ramblings.

Welcome, Kook! Please, sit over here next to me. Make yourself at home
:)

<< I shall - last thing at night - leave out
tasty morsels upon which it may feed.>>

like what?

<<I shall make myself available to
take it walks to other newsgroups if it so wishes. >>

like where?

always up for an adventure!

_______
Blog, or dog? Who knows. But if you see my lost pup, bring him back!

http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo

\\ - - //
( @ @ )
+--------oOOo-(_)--oOOo----+
+------------------------Oooo----+

"Virginiaz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> like what?

Hmm, I think our tastes may differ. You'll have to give me a clue as to
what you like.

> like where?

Gosh, I hadn't given it much thought. Do you enjoy wandering?

> always up for an adventure!

So I see. However, you spend too much effort preparing for your adventure,
and fail to have as much fun as possible when you arrive at your
destination. That's kinda '**** about ***' if you'll forgive a rather
crude expression. Things. Need. To. Change.

>OK, Wobbot, I'll accept that I've been had insofar as Ms Hooper may not be
>all he/she seems, but 'twas done in such a weird manner that I'm not sure it
>counts as trolling.

I agree, she's certainly a low-level troll, and keeps under the radar fairly
well.

>Virginiaz can write, and write well, or she spend considerable time
>collecting and compiling her material into a coherent blob for publication
>on the 'net.

The latter.

>Given your comments about the amount of time she spends
>on-line on AOL, and her identifiable posts to other newsgroups, I think that
>what we have here is a rare, genuine, old-fashioned,
>made-in-limited-numbers-for-your-delight, Usenet Kook.

Agreed. I'm not sure she qualifies as a troll, so "kook" is a much better
label.

> For my part, I faithfully promise not to annoy or
>upset the Kook any further.

I suspect that warning from your ISP helped you arrive at that.

> Please, sit over here next to me.

"Likes" attract...

>like what?

Due to too much anal sex, Roger leaves lil' turds behind. Non-edible.

>like where?

The asylum he posts from.

"np426z" <[email protected]> wrote

> OK, Wobbot, I'll accept that I've been had insofar as Ms Hooper may not be
> all he/she seems, but 'twas done in such a weird manner that I'm not sure

it
> counts as trolling.

I like her alot...in terms of number of responses per word written, she is
the embodiment of bang for the buck.

I've got 20, count 'em, 20 responses to an 18 word post, a TER (troll
efficiency rating) of 1.11111111...

I also take her for a poet.

She makes good use of the subject (something Roger has also mastered), and
rolls right into the pithy (light, sweet, and hollow) body. Which we then
dutifully struggle to make sense of, or alternatively, splutter over, to use
one of Rog's favorite ejaculations.

Isn't poetry the essence of pith?

>I also take her for a poet.

Then you're a fool. She is online about 20 hours a day, (as per my AOL buddy
list) so I'd like to know exactly when she has time to write poetry? But she
does however have plenty of time to collect such things from the web. How many
prominent, educated, people would be on AOL? C'mon now...