Re: QUERY: Low sodium diet vs. high performance in marathon.

TheBillRodgerz

Guest
>My weekly mileage is 36 miles run at noon.

Wow, you sure surpassed my 9 miles a day. You must be really, really fast to
get in 36 miles on your lunch hour, or you have a very long lunch...

"mirror" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> On 27 Aug 2004 14:09:55 GMT, [email protected]
> (TheBillRodgerz) wrote:
>
> >>My weekly mileage is 36 miles run at noon.

> >Wow, you sure surpassed my 9 miles a day. You must be really, really fast

> >get in 36 miles on your lunch hour, or you have a very long lunch...

> Sorry. My typo. Weekly mileage is 36 miles. Lunch run is four miles
> at about 6:30/mile. Leaves a little time for a sauna.
>
> I own the company. As anyone knows, the boss is always out to
> lunch. ;)

First, I would discourage the sauna during marathon training. It is just
increasing the loss of fluid and sodium.

Sodium in table salt is ~60% Na+.

I would suggest adding salt to Gatorade.