Re: Low Carb (Paleo) Half Marathon Report

John V

Guest
"Ignoramus12690" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I ran a half marathon today, in Quad Cities. Some highlights:
>
> - next to no carbs eaten yesterday and today (due to eating no vegs to
> avoid
> "runners trots" that I had on my previous extended run)
> - No Gatorade
> - No bonking
> - Ran without stopping even for a second
> - 2:08:50 running time
> - Feeling very good afterwards

Congratulations on a phenomenal accomplishment! At my current weight, I
can't imagine running a mile (though I have biked 80+) and to do a half
marathon is really cool. I appreciate the nature of your experiment, too,
since I have usually followed long rides with too many carbs, thus never
really finding out how my body will react ...... your experiment compels me
to do the same myself next time out.

Good job!

--
John V.
LC - on and off, mostly on lately, as of 1/2/04

I appreciate that you are using the term "experiment" in a mainstream
manner, but that lends more credibility than it deserves. Yours is a case
study. Anecdotal information at best.