Funny New York Marathon Auction !

Not funny to me, more like "pathetic" a person would seek to take advantage of
strangers like this.

If all he stated were true/authentic (and I note he's got 100% pos
feedback)...he says he's got children right? Might he have some extended
family? A bro, sis, parent,...in-laws?...what about supportive friends?

If he's got no family or friends he can turn to for $ support to realize a
dream/goal.......that says it all about the person's real character.

I noticed in observing the persons transactions on Ebay...he engages in
"brokering", buying and selling on Ebay of watches and cameras. He's smart
enough to know how to use Ebay to buy low from somewhere...and sell that same
item at a higher price to someone else later (note he did this with a Seiko
watch).

No crime in that. However that illustrates a "hustler". All brokers are
"hustlers"....stock, insurance, you gotta "hustle" to be a "broker". Again,
no crime in that....however.....me thinks a real real shrewd hustler imposes on
total strangers as opposed to family and friends.

Methinks if this person were authentic and deserving...he would have no problem
obtain charity from family and friends for this effort....or his own local
community (church or some other organization, whatever).

I did not see this as funny because it kind of rubs me the wrong way. Being
involved in the NYC Marathon...I am familiar with the many "good causes" and
fund-raising efforts associated with and or surrounding "running" and this (and
many other) Marathon. I see the wheelchair folks, the blind runners being
helped, the handicapped, the cancer survivors, etc....We all who race
frequently are familiar with the programs/causes surrounding running events.

I see this as a savvy hustler exploiting strangers and the NYC Marathon for his
personal interest (keep from having to spend his own money). Not cool. A
dollar going to this joker is a dollar not going to any one of dozens and
dozens of legitimate programs and causes trying to help people with an array of
authentic hardships particapte and enjoy in the "running" endeavor.

[email protected] (Stanky) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Must Run) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Just a SPAMMER! Ignore him, the poster is the person trying to rip you
> off. I exchanged a few emails and exposed the ripoff artist for what
> he is. DO NOT SEND $$$. Ebay and the authorities are investigating.

Just curious, who did you exchange emails with to find out he was a SPAMMMER?

You are correct, he's just a crook and a con artist. All "100%
positive feedback" means, is that he has had no complaints...yet.

[email protected] (Lanceandrew) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Not funny to me, more like "pathetic" a person would seek to take advantage of
> strangers like this.
>
> If all he stated were true/authentic (and I note he's got 100% pos
> feedback)...he says he's got children right? Might he have some extended
> family? A bro, sis, parent,...in-laws?...what about supportive friends?
>
> If he's got no family or friends he can turn to for $ support to realize a
> dream/goal.......that says it all about the person's real character.
>
> I noticed in observing the persons transactions on Ebay...he engages in
> "brokering", buying and selling on Ebay of watches and cameras. He's smart
> enough to know how to use Ebay to buy low from somewhere...and sell that same
> item at a higher price to someone else later (note he did this with a Seiko
> watch).
>
> No crime in that. However that illustrates a "hustler". All brokers are
> "hustlers"....stock, insurance, you gotta "hustle" to be a "broker". Again,
> no crime in that....however.....me thinks a real real shrewd hustler imposes on
> total strangers as opposed to family and friends.
>
> Methinks if this person were authentic and deserving...he would have no problem
> obtain charity from family and friends for this effort....or his own local
> community (church or some other organization, whatever).
>
> I did not see this as funny because it kind of rubs me the wrong way. Being
> involved in the NYC Marathon...I am familiar with the many "good causes" and
> fund-raising efforts associated with and or surrounding "running" and this (and
> many other) Marathon. I see the wheelchair folks, the blind runners being
> helped, the handicapped, the cancer survivors, etc....We all who race
> frequently are familiar with the programs/causes surrounding running events.
>
> I see this as a savvy hustler exploiting strangers and the NYC Marathon for his
> personal interest (keep from having to spend his own money). Not cool. A
> dollar going to this joker is a dollar not going to any one of dozens and
> dozens of legitimate programs and causes trying to help people with an array of
> authentic hardships particapte and enjoy in the "running" endeavor.

The authorities are in the process of getting a warrant for Mr MustRun.

<< The authorities are in the process of getting a warrant for Mr MustRun. >>

Many thanks.

_______
<A
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>