or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Drug scandal rocks Australian cycling - Page 2

post #16 of 47

Re: Drug scandal rocks Australian cycling

More ad hom attacks, I'm shocked and hurt!

"DRS" <drs@remove.this.ihug.com.au> wrote in message
> "L'acrobat" <husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote in message
> > Dear, dear, ad hom AND swearing! what a rude person.

> No-one here is as rude as you, you top-posting loser.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

post #17 of 47

Re: Drug scandal rocks Australian cycling

Abuse from someone who cares more about the format than the content of a
post.

Oh the pain, the pain.

> "L'acrobat" <husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote in message
> > More ad hom attacks, I'm shocked and hurt!

> You don't have feelings. You're just a ****wit.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

post #18 of 47

Re: Drug scandal rocks Australian cycling

Oh no, I have other joys.

But pointing out what an utter pathetic loser someone has to be to care
exclusively about the FORMAT of posts on usenet brings me great joy.

And I'd like to thank you for being the person who inspired me to take up
top-posting.

You have made me so very happy.

> "L'acrobat" <husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote in message
> > Abuse from someone who cares more about the format than the content
> > of a post.

> It's easier to focus on the content when one is not distracted by improper
> formatting, but that's too subtle a concept for a ****wit like you whose
> only joy in life is **** stirring.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

post #19 of 47

Re: Drug scandal rocks Australian cycling

It might be nice if you actually support your contention (that I lie) with
some evidence (see what happens when you focus on format rather than
content?).

and no, you are the precise reason I top post. your sad little crusade
against top posting is going so well isn't it?

> "L'acrobat" <husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote in message
> > Oh no, I have other joys.
> >
> > But pointing out what an utter pathetic loser someone has to be to
> > care exclusively about the FORMAT of posts on usenet brings me great
> > joy.

> So you're both a liar and a ****wit. Like that comes as a surprise to
> anyone.
>
> > And I'd like to thank you for being the person who inspired me to
> > take up top-posting.

> No, you chose to be a ****wit all by yourself.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

post #20 of 47

Re: Idiots arguing

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 12:00:58 +1000, DaveB
<dbuerckner@NOSPAMMOoptusnet.com.au> wrote:

>You've both got email addresses listed in your postings. Why not email
>each other to your heart's content and save the rest of us from having
>to watch this crap.

Alternately, add both email addresses to a kill filter.

---
Cheers

PeterC

[Rushing headlong: out of control - and there ain't no stopping]
[and there's nothing you can do about it at all]
post #21 of 47

Re: Idiots arguing

No, but you are the one hurling personal insults about a matter of
formatting.

A matter of formatting that you motivated me to take up with your whining.

It's usenet. people don't give a **** what you think. deal with it.

> "DaveB" <dbuerckner@NOSPAMMOoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> > You've both got email addresses listed in your postings. Why not email
> > each other to your heart's content and save the rest of us from having
> > to watch this crap.

> I'm not the one top-posting. If you stopped wasting your energy

complaining
> to the person who is doing the right thing and instead complained to the
> person doing the wrong thing maybe you'd get somewhere.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

post #22 of 47

Re: Idiots arguing

But you do care, your sig constantly whines about it and you keep replying.

Are you pleased with how well your sad little crusade against top posting
has gone so far?

> "L'acrobat" <husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote in message
> > No, but you are the one hurling personal insults about a matter of
> > formatting.

> You really are a ****wit. No-one cares what you think.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

post #23 of 47

Re: Drug scandal rocks Australian cycling

Because its not like the internet is an evolving medium or anything is it?

> "kingsley" <kingsley@maddogsbreakfast.com.au> wrote in message
> newsan.2004.06.25.08.08.05.873666@maddogsbreakfast.com.au
> > On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 03:15:04 +0000, flyingdutch wrote:
> >
> >> ( altho Im just a tad curious to know what " -- " is...)

> > The usenet convention is to have a single line containing '--'

> It's "-- ". The trailing space matters. It's not necessarily the

smartest
> decision anyone ever made but it's part of Usenet now and isn't going to
> change.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

post #24 of 47

Re: Idiots arguing

Your sig is a classic example of whining, and the funny part is that it is
actually counterproductive.

Oh yes, your crusade is going swimmingly, you have actually convinced
someone to take up top posting.

So, Top Posting - 1 v DRS - 0

What a sad loser you are.

> "L'acrobat" <husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote in message
> > But you do care, your sig constantly whines about it and you keep
> > replying.

> My sig does not whine. You're lying again.
>
> > Are you pleased with how well your sad little crusade against top
> > posting has gone so far?

> Very well. Only ****wits continue to do it.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

post #25 of 47

Re: Drug scandal rocks Australian cycling

Of course there isn't any reason to evolve, you like it the way it is.

But it can get better and it will, you pathetic loser.

> "L'acrobat" <husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote in message
> > "DRS" <drs@remove.this.ihug.com.au> wrote in message
> >> "kingsley" <kingsley@maddogsbreakfast.com.au> wrote in message
> >> newsan.2004.06.25.08.08.05.873666@maddogsbreakfast.com.au

> >> It's "-- ". The trailing space matters. It's not necessarily the
> >> smartest decision anyone ever made but it's part of Usenet now and
> >> isn't going to change.
> >>

> > Because its not like the internet is an evolving medium or anything
> > is it?

> There is no reason for it to evolve, ****wit. It's ugly but it works.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

post #26 of 47

Re: Idiots arguing

Yes, we've been through this before - if you have to tell people it's
clever, it isn't.

It's whiny, which is why it suits you to a tee.

You are simply pathetic.

> "L'acrobat" <husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote in message
>
> [...]
>
> > Your sig is a classic example of whining, and the funny part is that
> > it is actually counterproductive.

> Only a ****wit could think it whiny. It's actually a very clever use of
> irony, not that you'd be capable of understanding that. It works fine for
> most people, only ****wits see it as some sort of challenge for them to

show
> the world how mindbogglingly stupid and inconsiderate they can be.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

post #27 of 47

Re: Drug scandal rocks Australian cycling

Of course it won't evolve, the net itself isn't changing at all is it you
pillock...

> "L'acrobat" <husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote in message
> newsSXDc.69232$sj4.54559@news-server.bigpond.net.au
> > "DRS" <drs@remove.this.ihug.com.au> wrote in message
> >> "L'acrobat" <husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote in message

> [...]
> >>
> >> There is no reason for it to evolve, ****wit. It's ugly but it
> >> works.
> >>

> > Of course there isn't any reason to evolve, you like it the way it is.

> As usual you have no idea what you're talking about, ****wit. The

Internet
> will evolve but the Usenet signature delimiter won't.
>
> Your stupidity grows by leaps and bounds.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

post #28 of 47

Re: Idiots arguing

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:28:42 GMT, "L'acrobat"
<husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote:

>Your sig is a classic example of whining, and the funny part is that it is
>actually counterproductive.
>
>Oh yes, your crusade is going swimmingly, you have actually convinced
>someone to take up top posting.
>
>So, Top Posting - 1 v DRS - 0
>
>What a sad loser you are.

Oh dear. We've attracted a fool.

This is a nice, friendly newsgroup where occasional lapses in Usenet
protocols are not jumped on and where learners are gently advised of
the correct way to do things. Of course, if they continue to ignore
the advice and get all precious about their rights to annoy other
people, they will be plonked.

--
Regards.
Richard.

Re: Idiots arguing

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:42:26 GMT, "L'acrobat"
<husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote:

>Yes, we've been through this before - if you have to tell people it's
>clever, it isn't.
>
>It's whiny, which is why it suits you to a tee.
>
>You are simply pathetic.

Ooo er. You are so butch.

^k

Bye.

--
Regards.
Richard.

Re: Drug scandal rocks Australian cycling

How sad do you have to be to think that anybody care about your sad
obsession with usenet ettiquete.

> "flyingdutch" <usenet-forum@cyclingforums.com> wrote in message
> > Graeme wrote:
> > > h And if that doesn't work, how about we form a lynch mob?

> > How about a new thread voting who agrees/disagrees so these 2 can ge
> > tthe message loud and clear and stop being conveniently ignorant...

> I'm not in the least ignorant about Usenet standards and etiquette, unlike
> that drop-kick.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Australia and New Zealand