Stride type

Skylove

Guest
HELP!!! I've been trying to get the lowdown from some folks around here as
to what type of stride I have. Can someone please help? I've been told I'm
an over-pronator, a supinator, and everything in between. Both shoes (New
Balance 991)wear on the outside heel and the inside on the toe area. Not a
huge wear difference but noticeable. I'm 6 ft, 235 lbs and my feet point
out just a tad from perfectly in line and have a "normal" arch according to
the wet foot check. I've had an ART chiropractor do a quickie stride check
to see how to adjust me and he didn't really comment except for which muscle
group looked like it needed stretching. I haven't found anyone in Great
Falls who does gait analysis so I kinda have to ballpark it.

Thanks in advance

Scott

<< I've had an ART chiropractor do a quickie stride check
to see how to adjust me >>

O dear,
~ be carefule.

+0-
|=/=\=|

_______
<A
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

"Skylove" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> HELP!!! I've been trying to get the lowdown from some folks around
> here as to what type of stride I have. Can someone please help? I've
> been told I'm an over-pronator, a supinator, and everything in
> between. Both shoes (New Balance 991)wear on the outside heel and the
> inside on the toe area.

If you supinated aka under pronation, and all your wear would be on the
outside of the shoe. If the wear is up the middle you would be neutral.
Wear in the inside says you probate. Now before you jump off a cliff,
pronation is not uncommon and very typical. Since we can't see the
wear pattern take yourself and your shoes to a mom and pop shoe store
and they should be able to help you determine how much you pronate.

Unless you are a severe over pronator the 991 are fine as they area
stability shoe. If you're not having problem with your feet then one
can assume we are playing vocabulary. There is some basic stuff on the
roadrunner web page

http://www.runnersworld.com/category/0,5034,s6-52-167-0-0,00.html

-DougF

<< probate >>

What court?

_______
<A
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

Different Spikes For Different Folks...

"Spikes for cross-country can be different than track spikes in several ways.
They have more forefoot cushioning and rubber covering the spike plate. Most
shoe companies that make spikes offer two versions, one with replaceable metal
spikes and one with non-replaceable rubber studs. To determine which one to
use, consult your coach for the rules in your area (some states don't allow
metal spikes) and ask what types of courses you will run on."
_______
<A
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

"Skylove" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> HELP!!! I've been trying to get the lowdown from some folks around here

as
> to what type of stride I have. Can someone please help? I've been told

I'm
> an over-pronator, a supinator, and everything in between. Both shoes (New
> Balance 991)wear on the outside heel and the inside on the toe area. Not

> huge wear difference but noticeable. I'm 6 ft, 235 lbs and my feet point
> out just a tad from perfectly in line and have a "normal" arch according

> the wet foot check.

All sounds very "normal". It's normal to land on the outside of the heel
and then roll inwards a bit. Unless you're having problems that you think
are related to your running form, I wouldn't worry about it.

Tim

>HELP!!! I've been trying to get the lowdown from some folks around here as
>to what type of stride I have. Can someone please help? I've been told I'm
>an over-pronator, a supinator, and everything in between. Both shoes (New
>Balance 991)wear on the outside heel and the inside on the toe area. Not a
>huge wear difference but noticeable. I'm 6 ft, 235 lbs and my feet point
>out just a tad from perfectly in line and have a "normal" arch according to
>the wet foot check. I've had an ART chiropractor do a quickie stride check
>to see how to adjust me and he didn't really comment except for which muscle
>group looked like it needed stretching. I haven't found anyone in Great
>Falls who does gait analysis so I kinda have to ballpark it.

With that kind of wear patter, people who call you a supinator (underpronator)
are confused.

Wear on the outside of the forefoot would be typical for an underpronator.
Since you don't have the pattern, this is not what you are. There are two
possibilities for your pattern:

(1) You are a serious to severe overpronator. You strike on the outside of
the heel, then rotate (too strongly) toward the toe area on the inside. People
with this kind of pattern need at least stability and possibly motion control
shoes. Uncorrected heavy overpronation is a strong creator of running
injuries. Weight can sometimes misleading, but given your weight, I'm guessing
that strong overpronator is what you are.

(2) You have splayed feet. You run with your feet (toes) rotated toward the
side. In this case you don't necessarily have severe overpronation, but your
feet don't land straight. You can probably tell this by looking down when you
run, and you have to check this when you are running, as walking motion can be
quite different. If this is the case, you might try stability shoes, and do
some strides and basic drills (high knees, butt kicks, etc.) while looking at
your feet to have your toes pointed forward.

Lyndon
"Speed Kills...It kills those that don't have it!" --US Olympic Track Coach
Brooks Johnson