or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

interesting encounter

post #1 of 29
So, I decide that active rest was to run downtown on the cruiser today
to accomplish various tasks. At one point I used a left turn lane and
made a safe left turn onto a sidestreet from a main artery. Well,
after I finish my turn some goatee-wearing putz passenger in a black
pickup yells at me in passsing to get out of the street. I can hear
the traffic slowing for a signal the direction the offensive creep is
headed, so I decide to cut down an alley to see exactly what his
malfunction is. The truck was stopped at the light and I slid right
up next to it and yelled into the face of the goatee punk, "YOU GOT
SOMETHING TO SAY (insert expletive here)?!?!?" A look of disbelief is
the first thing out of him as he stared blankly into the face of the
pissed off bicycle rider who was obviously much bigger than he. Then
his look turns to smug as he rolls the window up, saying "Huh?" at the
same time. "Just what I thought, you're a (insert expletives here)."
Of course, the fat bastard (who was also wearing a goatee) who was
driving decided to not give chase, as I gave them plenty of
opportunity to do so as I rode off. Some people's kids...

JD
post #2 of 29

Re: interesting encounter

"JD" <dij@usafcct.com> wrote in message
> So, I decide that active rest was to run downtown on the cruiser today
> to accomplish various tasks. At one point I used a left turn lane and
> made a safe left turn onto a sidestreet from a main artery. Well,
> after I finish my turn some goatee-wearing putz passenger in a black
> pickup yells at me in passsing to get out of the street. I can hear
> the traffic slowing for a signal the direction the offensive creep is
> headed, so I decide to cut down an alley to see exactly what his
> malfunction is. The truck was stopped at the light and I slid right
> up next to it and yelled into the face of the goatee punk, "YOU GOT
> SOMETHING TO SAY (insert expletive here)?!?!?" A look of disbelief is
> the first thing out of him as he stared blankly into the face of the
> pissed off bicycle rider who was obviously much bigger than he. Then
> his look turns to smug as he rolls the window up, saying "Huh?" at the
> same time. "Just what I thought, you're a (insert expletives here)."
> Of course, the fat bastard (who was also wearing a goatee) who was
> driving decided to not give chase, as I gave them plenty of
> opportunity to do so as I rode off. Some people's kids...

Heheh..
post #3 of 29

Re: interesting encounter

JD <dij@usafcct.com> wrote:
> So, I decide that active rest was to run downtown on the cruiser today
> to accomplish various tasks. At one point I used a left turn lane and
> made a safe left turn onto a sidestreet from a main artery. Well,
> after I finish my turn some goatee-wearing putz passenger in a black
> pickup yells at me in passsing to get out of the street. I can hear
> the traffic slowing for a signal the direction the offensive creep is
> headed, so I decide to cut down an alley to see exactly what his
> malfunction is. The truck was stopped at the light and I slid right
> up next to it and yelled into the face of the goatee punk, "YOU GOT
> SOMETHING TO SAY (insert expletive here)?!?!?" A look of disbelief is
> the first thing out of him as he stared blankly into the face of the
> pissed off bicycle rider who was obviously much bigger than he. Then
> his look turns to smug as he rolls the window up, saying "Huh?" at the
> same time. "Just what I thought, you're a (insert expletives here)."
> Of course, the fat bastard (who was also wearing a goatee) who was
> driving decided to not give chase, as I gave them plenty of
> opportunity to do so as I rode off. Some people's kids...
>
> JD

Nice,

Tom
post #4 of 29

Re: interesting encounter

"JD" <dij@usafcct.com> wrote in message
> So, I decide that active rest was to run downtown on the cruiser today
> to accomplish various tasks. At one point I used a left turn lane and
> made a safe left turn onto a sidestreet from a main artery. Well,
> after I finish my turn some goatee-wearing putz passenger in a black
> pickup yells at me in passsing to get out of the street. I can hear
> the traffic slowing for a signal the direction the offensive creep is
> headed, so I decide to cut down an alley to see exactly what his
> malfunction is. The truck was stopped at the light and I slid right
> up next to it and yelled into the face of the goatee punk, "YOU GOT
> SOMETHING TO SAY (insert expletive here)?!?!?" A look of disbelief is
> the first thing out of him as he stared blankly into the face of the
> pissed off bicycle rider who was obviously much bigger than he. Then
> his look turns to smug as he rolls the window up, saying "Huh?" at the
> same time. "Just what I thought, you're a (insert expletives here)."
> Of course, the fat bastard (who was also wearing a goatee) who was
> driving decided to not give chase, as I gave them plenty of
> opportunity to do so as I rode off. Some people's kids...
>
> JD

Had a lady cut us off on a Sunday Road ride. Cut's in front and starts
yelling at us about how we should get the _uck off the road and such. Why
is that funny? Well, she lives two doors down from where she cut us off.
There was about thirty riders. And we all know what roadies are like hehe!

Shaun Bell
post #5 of 29

Re: interesting encounter

Shaun Bell wrote:
>>JD

> Had a lady cut us off on a Sunday Road ride. Cut's in front and starts
> yelling at us about how we should get the _uck off the road and such. Why
> is that funny? Well, she lives two doors down from where she cut us off.
> There was about thirty riders. And we all know what roadies are like hehe!
>
> Shaun Bell

Shaun! You're alive! Where have you been hiding? Oh, and How's the
Bobblehead thing going?

miles
post #6 of 29

Re: interesting encounter

MattB wrote:

> JD wrote:
>
>>So, I decide that active rest was to run downtown on the cruiser today
>>to accomplish various tasks. At one point I used a left turn lane and
>>made a safe left turn onto a sidestreet from a main artery. Well,
>>after I finish my turn some goatee-wearing putz passenger in a black
>>pickup yells at me in passsing to get out of the street. I can hear
>>the traffic slowing for a signal the direction the offensive creep is
>>headed, so I decide to cut down an alley to see exactly what his
>>malfunction is. The truck was stopped at the light and I slid right
>>up next to it and yelled into the face of the goatee punk, "YOU GOT
>>SOMETHING TO SAY (insert expletive here)?!?!?" A look of disbelief is
>>the first thing out of him as he stared blankly into the face of the
>>pissed off bicycle rider who was obviously much bigger than he. Then
>>his look turns to smug as he rolls the window up, saying "Huh?" at the
>>same time. "Just what I thought, you're a (insert expletives here)."
>>Of course, the fat bastard (who was also wearing a goatee) who was
>>driving decided to not give chase, as I gave them plenty of
>>opportunity to do so as I rode off. Some people's kids...
>>
>>JD

> You're obviously in the right. I've had similar encounters (without the size
> advantage). Just remember that some right people get shot in such
> encounters. My brother's had a gun flashed at him in a similar situation.

I've started to keep that in mind the last few years. I've had lots of
similar encounters, and JD's got about a foot on me. Even so, they've
always backed down with the same reaction. Never gone after a pickup
with a gun rack though. (Well once, but that was a long time ago, and I
wasn't riding alone :-) )

Shawn
post #7 of 29

Re: interesting encounter

"JD" <dij@usafcct.com> wrote in message
> So, I decide that active rest was to run downtown on the cruiser today
> to accomplish various tasks. At one point I used a left turn lane and
> made a safe left turn onto a sidestreet from a main artery. Well,
> after I finish my turn some goatee-wearing putz passenger in a black
> pickup yells at me in passsing to get out of the street. I can hear
> the traffic slowing for a signal the direction the offensive creep is
> headed, so I decide to cut down an alley to see exactly what his
> malfunction is. The truck was stopped at the light and I slid right
> up next to it and yelled into the face of the goatee punk, "YOU GOT
> SOMETHING TO SAY (insert expletive here)?!?!?" A look of disbelief is
> the first thing out of him as he stared blankly into the face of the
> pissed off bicycle rider who was obviously much bigger than he. Then
> his look turns to smug as he rolls the window up, saying "Huh?" at the
> same time. "Just what I thought, you're a (insert expletives here)."
> Of course, the fat bastard (who was also wearing a goatee) who was
> driving decided to not give chase, as I gave them plenty of
> opportunity to do so as I rode off. Some people's kids...
>
> JD

Great story. I used to have a real short fuse and I would fight anyone who
started in with me. One time I was on a motorcycle and a similar situation
happened to me. Except when the window got rolled up I put my fist through
it and grabed they guy around the neck. He clawed at my face and I slammed
his head down into the broken glass. I let go and he drove off.

I have since learned that isn't the right thing to do. Ya I got away with
it and maybe the guy learned from the experience too. Maybe he never
antangonized a stranger again. But there are people who would go to far
(even beyond what I did) and getting shot or worse ain't worth it.

Loomer "glad to have survived my 20's" Boomer
post #8 of 29

Re: interesting encounter

> malfunction is. The truck was stopped at the light and I slid right
> up next to it and yelled into the face of the goatee punk, "YOU GOT
> SOMETHING TO SAY (insert expletive here)?!?!?" A look of disbelief is

What an impolite gesture! I can't believe you would invade someone's
personal space to berate them over such a trivial matter!

No, wait... **** 'em

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training
post #9 of 29

Re: interesting encounter

Miles says:

>Shaun! You're alive!

My sentiments exactly.

>Oh, and How's the
>Bobblehead thing going?

I'm betting he can pick up OLN without plugging in by now...

Welcome back, stranger (or is that "lurker?")

Steve
post #10 of 29

Re: interesting encounter

"Slacker" <slacker7@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > Had a lady cut us off on a Sunday Road ride. Cut's in front and starts
> > yelling at us about how we should get the _uck off the road and such.

Why
> > is that funny? Well, she lives two doors down from where she cut us

off.
> > There was about thirty riders. And we all know what roadies are like

hehe!

> > Shaun Bell
> >

> hehehe... I'm picturing 30 Lycra clad bastards having a pissing party on
> her lawn/bushes.
> --
> Slacker

How'd you know? Think I saw some guy in a lab coat testing the grass for
EPO lol.

Shaun Bell
post #11 of 29

Re: interesting encounter

"MattB" <somedudeus@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> You're obviously in the right. I've had similar encounters (without the

size
> advantage). Just remember that some right people get shot in such
> encounters. My brother's had a gun flashed at him in a similar situation.

I've had many, many encounters riding to and from the trail. Two times I
really wish I had caught up to the ****ers, another time I did and the guy
was big enough to pound me into the ground but he wimped out, and the last
time a few weeks ago it was just a couple of lazy, ugly, fat cows in a huge
pickup in Laughlin that were probably in a hurry to get home to beat up
their husbands and that's what I casually told them at the signal.

1st, middle of winter, passenger in car passing the other way hit me with a
water balloon, froze my ass off, and it left a nasty grapefruit-size.

2nd, after a 6 hour ride in hot and smoggy weather we were riding back to
our cars on a busy street when someone sprayed me with silly string. It
freaked me out and I almost swerved into a parked car. I was complete toast
at that point but my buddies almost caught the car at the next signal.

3rd, some fascist high school football player looking dude decided to
impress his girlfriend by acting like he was going to run over the hippie on
the mtn bike. I caught them at the next signal and sprayed them with my
water bottle. I jumped up on the sidewalk next a signal pole in case he
tried to run me over. He stopped, his girlfriend was goading him to get out
and kick my ass, but he took off.

4th, I was afraid that these two bruisers of women weere going to get out
and tag team me but they just flipped me off and said **** you.

Those are the incidents that stand out.

Greg
post #12 of 29

Re: interesting encounter

"JD" <dij@usafcct.com> wrote in message
> So, I decide that active rest was to run downtown on the cruiser today
> to accomplish various tasks. At one point I used a left turn lane and
> made a safe left turn onto a sidestreet from a main artery. Well,
> after I finish my turn some goatee-wearing putz passenger in a black
> pickup yells at me in passsing to get out of the street. I can hear
> the traffic slowing for a signal the direction the offensive creep is
> headed, so I decide to cut down an alley to see exactly what his
> malfunction is. The truck was stopped at the light and I slid right
> up next to it and yelled into the face of the goatee punk, "YOU GOT
> SOMETHING TO SAY (insert expletive here)?!?!?" A look of disbelief is
> the first thing out of him as he stared blankly into the face of the
> pissed off bicycle rider who was obviously much bigger than he. Then
> his look turns to smug as he rolls the window up, saying "Huh?" at the
> same time. "Just what I thought, you're a (insert expletives here)."
> Of course, the fat bastard (who was also wearing a goatee) who was
> driving decided to not give chase, as I gave them plenty of
> opportunity to do so as I rode off. Some people's kids...
>
> JD

When I lived in a certain SoCal city a few years ago, I did a 16 mile trek
back and forth to work a few days a week. Encountered enough assholes on
that route on a consistent basis that I started carrying three 1/4 pound
steel hex nuts with me, just to feel like I had the power to do something
about it. One jerk slows down one morning as he sees me coming in the bike
lane, like he's about to turn right, but waiting for me to get through the
intersection (he's actually turned around looking at me approaching for
several seconds). As soon as I get within a car length, he guns it and
swerves the car across my path, almost costing me a bike and a lot of
medical attention. My reaction? I spider-webbed a good section his rear
window with one of the aforementioned steel nuts. My narrow escape in the
ensuing chase (by maneuvering, not speed) convinced me that the most
entertaining resolution isn't always the best one.

-Chuck
post #13 of 29

Re: interesting encounter

"G.T." <ethan_t@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:RXrac.44468> I've had
many, many encounters riding to and from the trail. Two times I
> really wish I had caught up to the ****ers, another time I did and the guy
> was big enough to pound me into the ground but he wimped out, and the last
> time a few weeks ago it was just a couple of lazy, ugly, fat cows in a

huge
> pickup in Laughlin that were probably in a hurry to get home to beat up
> their husbands and that's what I casually told them at the signal.
>
> 1st, middle of winter, passenger in car passing the other way hit me with

> water balloon, froze my ass off, and it left a nasty grapefruit-size.
>
> 2nd, after a 6 hour ride in hot and smoggy weather we were riding back to
> our cars on a busy street when someone sprayed me with silly string. It
> freaked me out and I almost swerved into a parked car. I was complete

toast
> at that point but my buddies almost caught the car at the next signal.
>
> 3rd, some fascist high school football player looking dude decided to
> impress his girlfriend by acting like he was going to run over the hippie

on
> the mtn bike. I caught them at the next signal and sprayed them with my
> water bottle. I jumped up on the sidewalk next a signal pole in case he
> tried to run me over. He stopped, his girlfriend was goading him to get

out
> and kick my ass, but he took off.
>
> 4th, I was afraid that these two bruisers of women weere going to get out
> and tag team me but they just flipped me off and said **** you.
>
> Those are the incidents that stand out.
>
> Greg

Wow all those on a bike?

I had a weater ballon incident too but since they missed I thought it was
funny...

Actually I had a carload of high school girls whoop sugestivley and
compliment my legs and but last year! That was the first time ever. I am
married with a family and that NEVER happened to me when I was single.

It's karma or something but I don't understand why life is like this. For
instance now that I am bald, married and older.. (and have a lot more cash)
can I buy and have things happen to me that never would have when I was
young broke and single. Go figure....
post #14 of 29

Re: interesting encounter

"Chuck W" <cwiley101@comcast.spamdeath.net> wrote in message
> When I lived in a certain SoCal city a few years ago, I did a 16 mile trek
> back and forth to work a few days a week. Encountered enough assholes on
> that route on a consistent basis that I started carrying three 1/4 pound
> steel hex nuts with me, just to feel like I had the power to do something
> about it. One jerk slows down one morning as he sees me coming in the

bike
> lane, like he's about to turn right, but waiting for me to get through the
> intersection (he's actually turned around looking at me approaching for
> several seconds). As soon as I get within a car length, he guns it and
> swerves the car across my path, almost costing me a bike and a lot of
> medical attention. My reaction? I spider-webbed a good section his rear
> window with one of the aforementioned steel nuts. My narrow escape in the
> ensuing chase (by maneuvering, not speed) convinced me that the most
> entertaining resolution isn't always the best one.
>
> -Chuck

I don't understand these types of people. Even though I was prone to
violence when I was younger I never started problems I just wouldn't back
down when I was younger. I can understand the water ballon pranks and
such.. but... Hey I am American and a VFW but you gotta go Sweden, Denmark,
Holland, etc. and ride there. Those people are more civilized.

I want to retire in Denmark and ride my bike and watch the purty women
there. American knuckleheads get to me sometimes.
post #15 of 29

Re: interesting encounter

"MattB" <somedudeus@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<c4cvcn$2c3l08$1@ID-86156.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> You're obviously in the right. I've had similar encounters (without the size
> advantage). Just remember that some right people get shot in such
> encounters. My brother's had a gun flashed at him in a similar situation.

Flashing a gun would have been a grave mistake by these putzes,
especially at 7th and North in heavy traffic. It was a Witness-O-Rama
and even gun-toting chicken****s aren't that dumb. I had the license
plate tattooed in my brain before I even yelled at the doof and felony
menacing in Colorado=time.

JD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home