Re: Cycle path improvement

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Guest
>Time to mention
>

>http://rhydychen.org.uk/cider.press/oxford.bike/llun/Cutteslowe_Bridge_odd.jpg
>
>again, then? (It's a bit of NCN51 somewhere near SP51-10-.)

And indeed NCN 13 in Dereham...

http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/cycling/norfarce.html

Cheers, helen s

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

in message <[email protected]>,
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers ('[email protected]') wrote:

>>Time to mention
>>
>>http://rhydychen.org.uk/cider.press/oxford.bike/llun/Cutteslowe_Bridge_odd.jpg
>>
>>again, then? (It's a bit of NCN51 somewhere near SP51-10-.)

> And indeed NCN 13 in Dereham...
>
> http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/cycling/norfarce.html

Oh, good. So you swing off the road onto the cyclepath, and are
immediately confronted by the bollard. So, braking frantically, you
swing right to miss the bollard, and collide head on with a cyclist
coming the other way. Most safe, indeed.

;; All in all you're just another hick in the mall
-- Drink C'lloid

>Oh, good. So you swing off the road onto the cyclepath, and are
>immediately confronted by the bollard. So, braking frantically, you
>swing right to miss the bollard, and collide head on with a cyclist
>coming the other way. Most safe, indeed.

Yup - and indeed, when I spoke to the local Sustrans person on this very
matter, he said it was safer than cycling on the road - a perfectly good,
straight, wide road with a 40mph limit on it. Go figure!

Cheers, helen s

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> >Oh, good. So you swing off the road onto the cyclepath, and are
>>immediately confronted by the bollard. So, braking frantically, you
>>swing right to miss the bollard, and collide head on with a cyclist
>>coming the other way. Most safe, indeed.
>>

> Yup - and indeed, when I spoke to the local Sustrans person on this very
> matter, he said it was safer than cycling on the road - a perfectly good,
> straight, wide road with a 40mph limit on it. Go figure!

Whatever he may believe about the safety of cycle lanes vs the road, what
the hell is the _point_ of sticking a bollard in the _middle_ of a cycle
lane? I doesn't even have the 'redeeming' feature of giving clue as to the
separation of the lane into different sides for different directions of
travel!

Rich

>Whatever he may believe about the safety of cycle lanes vs the road, what
>the hell is the _point_ of sticking a bollard in the _middle_ of a cycle
>lane?

Possibly humour value for the next edition of Candid Camera, when a hidden
camera is set up nearby and oh how we laugh to see those pesky cyclists fall of
their bikes.

Cheers, helen s ;-)

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$