> Anyone tried it?

Nope.
post #3 of 30

Re: Pilates.

"Tetsuo Shima" <TetsuoShima@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:c6jofp$cvkuo$1@ID-223554.news.uni-berlin.de...
> Anyone tried it?

I do a 5:30pm class every Monday night.

The rationale I have for Pilates is that the road cycling I used to do, did
nothing to keep up core strength, but did build up legs and other major
muscles to the point of imbalance. Pilates is "supposed" to be the best
answer for this, since it really develops core/abdominal strength.
I have found my back is always feeling good now, and I have better use of
sprint power utilizing stronger abdominals to stabilize the leg power with.

Dan V
post #4 of 30

Re: Pilates.

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:39:27 +0100, Tetsuo Shima wrote:

> Anyone tried it?

Yep, but could never get the parrot to stay on my shoulder.
post #5 of 30

Re: Pilates.

Tetsuo asks:

>Anyone tried it?

Yup! Two years or so. Does wonders for the midriff (or "gorsle of power" as
our instructor called it), and the "yummy mummies" (blame ClydesdaleMTB for the
term, not me!) who frequent the classes are a good incentive to keep going.

Steve "ain't wearing no girdle"
post #6 of 30

Re: Pilates.

"bomba" <myarse247@hotmail.com> wrote in message
newsan.2004.04.26.20.40.40.86000@hotmail.com...
> On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:39:27 +0100, Tetsuo Shima wrote:
>
> > Anyone tried it?

> Yep, but could never get the parrot to stay on my shoulder.

Staple gun.
post #7 of 30

Re: Pilates.

"Dan Volker" <dvolker@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> "Tetsuo Shima" <TetsuoShima@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Anyone tried it?
> >

> I do a 5:30pm class every Monday night.
>
> The rationale I have for Pilates is that the road cycling I used to do,

did
> nothing to keep up core strength, but did build up legs and other major
> muscles to the point of imbalance. Pilates is "supposed" to be the best
> answer for this, since it really develops core/abdominal strength.
> I have found my back is always feeling good now, and I have better use of
> sprint power utilizing stronger abdominals to stabilize the leg power

with.

> Dan V

I can't say i'm "fit", would it be easy for me to get into? I'd really like
to make better use of my muscles.
post #8 of 30

Re: Pilates.

"mojo deluxe" <voudin61@hellsouth.nett> wrote in message

> "bomba" <myarse247@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> newsan.2004.04.26.20.40.40.86000@hotmail.com...
> > On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:39:27 +0100, Tetsuo Shima wrote:
> >
> > > Anyone tried it?

> > Yep, but could never get the parrot to stay on my shoulder.

> Staple gun.

Jackass springsto mind.
post #9 of 30

Re: Pilates.

Tetsuo Shima wrote:

> Anyone tried it?

I have a buddy who does it at home to some video 2/3 times a week. He
has found that his flexibility has increases, though he was never very
flexible. Likes how he feels because of it. He did not indicate any
specific performance improvements, just feels better.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
(remove ".nospam" to reply)

Re: Pilatus.

BB wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:39:27 +0100, Tetsuo Shima wrote:
>
>>Anyone tried it?

> What flavors does it come in? :-)

There's one of these at the local airport
http://www.pilatus-aircraft.com/2_ga...commercial.htm
and I considered buying one of these
http://users.goldengate.net/~ls/b4.htm
:-)

Shawn
post #11 of 30

Re: Pilates.

Tetsuo Shima wrote:

> "mojo deluxe" <voudin61@hellsouth.nett> wrote in message
>
>>"bomba" <myarse247@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>newsan.2004.04.26.20.40.40.86000@hotmail.com...

>>>Yep, but could never get the parrot to stay on my shoulder.

>>Staple gun.
>>

> Jackass springsto mind.

Nah, the jackass would just scare the parrot away.

Shawn
P.S. You really need to expect this sort of thing on AM-B.
post #12 of 30

Re: Pilates.

"Shawn Curry" <speriodthespiceorcomb@bresnan.net> wrote in message
> Tetsuo Shima wrote:
>
> > "mojo deluxe" <voudin61@hellsouth.nett> wrote in message
> >
> >>"bomba" <myarse247@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >>newsan.2004.04.26.20.40.40.86000@hotmail.com...

> >>Staple gun.
> >>

> > Jackass springsto mind.
> >

> Nah, the jackass would just scare the parrot away.
>
> Shawn
> P.S. You really need to expect this sort of thing on AM-B.

It doesn't bother me, I DEMAND a stupid reply once in while.
post #13 of 30

> "Shawn Curry" <speriodthespiceorcomb@bresnan.net> wrote in message
> > Tetsuo Shima wrote:
> >
> > > "mojo deluxe" <voudin61@hellsouth.nett> wrote in message

> > > Jackass springsto mind.
> > >

> > Nah, the jackass would just scare the parrot away.
> >
> > Shawn
> > P.S. You really need to expect this sort of thing on AM-B.

> It doesn't bother me, I DEMAND a stupid reply once in while.

jackass!!

how's that?
post #14 of 30

Re: Pilates.

"Tetsuo Shima" <TetsuoShima@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Shawn Curry" <speriodthespiceorcomb@bresnan.net> wrote in message
> > Tetsuo Shima wrote:
> >
> > > "mojo deluxe" <voudin61@hellsouth.nett> wrote in message

> > > Jackass springsto mind.
> > >

> > Nah, the jackass would just scare the parrot away.
> >
> > Shawn
> > P.S. You really need to expect this sort of thing on AM-B.

> It doesn't bother me, I DEMAND a stupid reply once in while.

Seriously?

Shaun aRe
post #15 of 30

> "Dan Volker" <dvolker@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Tetsuo Shima" <TetsuoShima@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Anyone tried it?
> > >

> > I do a 5:30pm class every Monday night.
> >
> > The rationale I have for Pilates is that the road cycling I used to do,

> did
> > nothing to keep up core strength, but did build up legs and other major
> > muscles to the point of imbalance. Pilates is "supposed" to be the best
> > answer for this, since it really develops core/abdominal strength.
> > I have found my back is always feeling good now, and I have better use

of
> > sprint power utilizing stronger abdominals to stabilize the leg power

> with.
> >
> > Dan V
> >

> I can't say i'm "fit", would it be easy for me to get into? I'd really

like
> to make better use of my muscles.

You would start in a beginner class, and gradually get better core strength.
You should plan on this plus a few days per week lifting weights at the gym
for 15 minutes or so ( high rep, low rest). And ride your mountain bike as
many days per week as you can:-)

Dan V
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home