Cyclocross is a very unpopular cycling discipline

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

> ...only 2 people downloading the latest European top cross right now from
> http://dnet.xs4all.nl:6969/

If it was cyclocrossdressing, more people would be interested...

I'm seeding; hopefully not too many leechers...

--
--------------------------
Andre Charlebois

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> ..only 2 people downloading the latest European top cross right now

from

<snip>

Dumbass -

If it were woman's cyclocross Sierraman would be dl'ing 10 copies
simultaneously.

K. Gringioni.

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 00:23:25 +0100, Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

> ..only 2 people downloading the latest European top cross right now from
> http://dnet.xs4all.nl:6969/
>
> Use a BitTorrent client

^^^^^^^^^^^
Thats the trouble - I dont want to get another program just to
see 10 minutes of footage.I tried to open them yesterday in a browser but
they just timed out.
Alan.

http://www.dvatc.co.uk - Off-road cycling in the North Midlands.

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 16:39:21 +0000, A.Lee wrote:
>> Use a BitTorrent client

> ^^^^^^^^^^^
> Thats the trouble - I dont want to get another program just to
> see 10 minutes of footage.

If you take the original BitTorrent program, it's little more than a
helper. It sets a MIME type, and all .torrent files you click on in the
browser then get handled by the bt client. BTW, the footage is over an
hour long.

> I tried to open them yesterday in a browser but
> they just timed out.

Yeah, they're not the original mpeg files, but embedded in a bt wrapper.
But JUST for you: have a look at http://www.phys.uu.nl/~dronkert/tmp/

--

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 19:06:35 +0100, Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 16:39:21 +0000, A.Lee wrote:
>>> Use a BitTorrent client

>> ^^^^^^^^^^^
>> Thats the trouble - I dont want to get another program just to
>> see 10 minutes of footage.

>If you take the original BitTorrent program, it's little more than a
>helper. It sets a MIME type, and all .torrent files you click on in the
>browser then get handled by the bt client. BTW, the footage is over an
>hour long.
>
>> I tried to open them yesterday in a browser but
>> they just timed out.

>Yeah, they're not the original mpeg files, but embedded in a bt wrapper.
>But JUST for you: have a look at http://www.phys.uu.nl/~dronkert/tmp/

Ewoud, I took a look at these and they, imo, are quite enjoyable. I've only
seen one cyclo-cross and it was quite mild compared to this course, which
had a stunning sharp-turn-over-cliff where nearly 1/3 of the field seems to
take a spill. ;-)

Appreciate your posting of these. Thanks! Keep it up!

-B

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 19:06:35 +0100, Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

> On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 16:39:21 +0000, A.Lee wrote:
>> I tried to open them yesterday in a browser but
>> they just timed out.

> Yeah, they're not the original mpeg files, but embedded in a bt wrapper.
> But JUST for you: have a look at http://www.phys.uu.nl/~dronkert/tmp/

Thats better,thanks very much.
Is it OK to put a link to them on a UK site?

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:32:15 +0000, A.Lee wrote:
> Is it OK to put a link to them on a UK site?

Sure. Post both links though, if you will. I'll remove the files from
both sites after a week or so.

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 16:39:21 +0000, A.Lee wrote:
> >> Use a BitTorrent client

> > ^^^^^^^^^^^
> > Thats the trouble - I dont want to get another program just to
> > see 10 minutes of footage.

> If you take the original BitTorrent program, it's little more than a
> helper. It sets a MIME type, and all .torrent files you click on in the
> browser then get handled by the bt client. BTW, the footage is over an
> hour long.
>
> > I tried to open them yesterday in a browser but
> > they just timed out.

> Yeah, they're not the original mpeg files, but embedded in a bt wrapper.
> But JUST for you: have a look at http://www.phys.uu.nl/~dronkert/tmp/

Thanks a bunch for putting these up, Ewoud. I've never had the chance to
see the best guys race cross before.

--
tanx,
Howard

"It looks like the squirrel's been showing everybody
where he keeps his nuts."

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Thanks a ton for the links, I really enjoyed the amazing coverage.

Please keep up the good work!

Dave

Finally... it's downloading now.... Thanks.

> On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 16:39:21 +0000, A.Lee wrote:
>>> Use a BitTorrent client

>> ^^^^^^^^^^^
>> Thats the trouble - I dont want to get another program just to
>> see 10 minutes of footage.

> If you take the original BitTorrent program, it's little more than a
> helper. It sets a MIME type, and all .torrent files you click on in the
> browser then get handled by the bt client. BTW, the footage is over an
> hour long.
>
>> I tried to open them yesterday in a browser but
>> they just timed out.

> Yeah, they're not the original mpeg files, but embedded in a bt wrapper.
> But JUST for you: have a look at http://www.phys.uu.nl/~dronkert/tmp/
>

> --
> Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/
> Thunderbird E-mail and Newsgroups - http://gettbird.com/

Finally, I got all of them.

Thank you.

> ..only 2 people downloading the latest European top cross right now from
> http://dnet.xs4all.nl:6969/
>
> Use a BitTorrent client like http://azureus.sourceforge.net/ (Java
> required, get the JRE from http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp).
>

> --
> Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/
> Thunderbird E-mail and Newsgroups - http://gettbird.com/

These are really great! Thanks for making them available to us.

Mike