or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need a solution for red ants on the trail... - Page 3

post #31 of 39

Re: Need a solution for red ants on the trail...

Where do you ride south of he Mason Dixson? Where red
ants are king. If you leave their area alone they won't bite. Play
with fire you get burned. Fight fire with fire.

I MTB 2004
post #32 of 39

Re: Need a solution for red ants on the trail...

SR writed:

>You silly man

Agh ,Cr*p! Is it that obvious?

Thought I had at least another long while 'til that came out.

Steve ;-(
post #33 of 39

On Tue, 25 May 2004 05:39:59 -0400, crazy6r54 wrote:

> Fight fire with fire.

My dad used to say the same thing. Terrible advice though - it cost me my
job as a fireman...

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm

a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm
post #34 of 39

bomba wrote:
> On Tue, 25 May 2004 05:39:59 -0400, crazy6r54 wrote:
>
>> Fight fire with fire.

> My dad used to say the same thing. Terrible advice though - it cost
> me my job as a fireman...

Gave me additional indigestion.

Bill "and that time I had athlete's foot..." S.
post #35 of 39

Re: Need a solution for red ants on the trail...

On 2004-05-25, spademan o---[) * penned:

> Its all to do with smell. Within a given group of people bugs go for
> the people who smell the most attractive (to them..). The solution is
> to find someone who complains they get bit all the time, hang out next
> to them and you will remian bite free. The problem with citronella and
> any other bug repellant is if everyone is doused in it then you all
> smell as bad and they will still bite, you need a 'victim' to remain
> repellant free and take the hits (hint - it is often easier not to
> inform the 'victim' of this plan).

My husband is just such a victim. Mosquitos love him.

Unfortunately, because of that, he got West Nile last year. Not fun,
for either of us. On the plus side, though, the little red spots were
very cute!

--
monique
post #36 of 39

Re: Need a solution for red ants on the trail...

"spademan o---[) *"
<steve.eckersley@NOSPAMPLEASEWEREBRITISH.its.lancscc.gov.uk> wrote in
message news:40b31176@news.yourcomms.net...

> "Shaun Rimmer" <shaun@newtronic.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> > "Stephen Baker" <saildesign@aol.comnospam> wrote in message
> > > SR says:

> > > That would be because, contrary to your nicotine-impoverishment

> > hallucinations,
> > > you are not a bug ;-))

> > You silly man - I did mean, that citronella, does not repel thee bugs

from
> > mine zone or body, dude, nor for anyone else I know.
> >
> > Shaun aRe

> Its all to do with smell. Within a given group of people bugs go for the
> people who smell the most attractive (to them..). The solution is to find
> someone who complains they get bit all the time, hang out next to them and
> you will remian bite free. The problem with citronella and any other bug
> repellant is if everyone is doused in it then you all smell as bad and

they
> will still bite, you need a 'victim' to remain repellant free and take the
> hits (hint - it is often easier not to inform the 'victim' of this plan).

You truly are an evil genius.

Shaun aRe - Really though, I just find it's way over sold, especially the
'incense' crap.
post #37 of 39

> SR writed:
>
> >You silly man

> Agh ,Cr*p! Is it that obvious?
>
> Thought I had at least another long while 'til that came out.
>
> Steve ;-(

Steve - you were the *LAST* to know ',;~}~

Shaun aRe
post #38 of 39

Re: Need a solution for red ants on the trail...

SR says:

>Steve - you were the *LAST* to know ',;~}~

Always the way, 'tis true...

Steve
post #39 of 39

Re: Need a solution for red ants on the trail...

In article <2h452qF8q2ocU2@uni-berlin.de>,
BB <bbauerAtitude@freeshell.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 May 2004 15:54:00 +0100, Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> >> Many ant killing products found in stores contain sulphur. I don't know if
> >> sulphur is safe to digest for a human tho.

> > Yes, but it will likely make on fart the most vile demonic stenches

> ever.
>
> Its true - I've read that the smell of farts comes from sulpher. Many
> foods contain some. Now, WHY was I reading about the smell of farts?...
>
> > Never heard of 'brimstone and treacle' ?

> Nope. Guess my fart studies must not be as developed as yours. ;-)

I wouldn't suggest eating it, and breathing it is bad for you too.
I was making some smoke bombs, and inhaled the dust when I dropped a bag
of sulphur by mistake, It wasn't very nice.

--

Maybe I'm just a pessimist and am totally wrong; I could live quite
happily with that.