or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RR: Break-In Time/New Bike

post #1 of 30
We finally finished up building my new bike:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...45865684fnMlJM

Marzocchi, 5th Element Air, CK, Raceface, Thompson, XTR, etc.

We took it to BP for a test/break-in ride. The bike rode like a dream, it
just had a little minor problem with the shifting.

Jim decided to bring his SS. He rode the place like his ass was on fire and
I had trouble keeping up with him with all my gears and suspension. He hit
every single climb and technical section without dabbing. I couldn't believe
it. He was hitting tough sections like they were nothing, sections that I
have yet to get through without dabbing with my SS. He was going animal on
the ride...

We ran into a couple that seemed to be lost in park. We rode with them for a
few minutes and pointed them in the direction that they wanted to ride. We
yelled at a freerider who was cutting through the woods with his bike and
not having any regard for following the trail network. He told us to go
screw ourselves in a few simple words.

There are still a few minor tweaks that need to be adjusted on the bike, but
otherwise, it rides very well. Climbing is a breeze and very efficient with
the 5th Element Air shock and the suspension rides like puffy, soft clouds.

More breaking in to follow...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
post #2 of 30

Re: Break-In Time/New Bike

Carla A-G wrote:
> We finally finished up building my new bike:
>
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/...45865684fnMlJM
>
> Marzocchi, 5th Element Air, CK, Raceface, Thompson, XTR, etc.

<SNIP>

Nice, but where's the dirt!?! Why do ride with the seat so low, almost in a
free ride style? Maybe it's just the camera angle?

Have fun with it!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Re: Break-In Time/New Bike

"Carla A-G" <khsgrl@NOJUNKyahoo.com> wrote in message
> We finally finished up building my new bike:
>
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/...45865684fnMlJM
>
> Marzocchi, 5th Element Air, CK, Raceface, Thompson, XTR, etc.

That is a nice build.

Steve.
post #4 of 30

Re: Break-In Time/New Bike

"Ride-A-Lot" <Sir.Ride-a-LotNOSPAM@careercenter.com> wrote in message

> Carla A-G wrote:
> > We finally finished up building my new bike:
> > http://community.webshots.com/photo/...45865684fnMlJM
> >
> > Marzocchi, 5th Element Air, CK, Raceface, Thompson, XTR, etc.
> >

> <SNIP>
>
> Nice, but where's the dirt!?! Why do ride with the seat so low, almost in

> free ride style? Maybe it's just the camera angle?

That pic was taken in our yard before the ride. We didn't take the camera on
the ride. The seat is not low, it is the measurement for my leg length. The
bike is for XC'ing, not freeriding. There is nothing wrong with the angle of
the camera.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
post #5 of 30

Re: Break-In Time/New Bike

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Carla A-G wrote:
>> We finally finished up building my new bike:
>>
>> http://community.webshots.com/photo/...45865684fnMlJM
>>
>> Marzocchi, 5th Element Air, CK, Raceface, Thompson, XTR, etc.
>>

> <SNIP>
>
> Nice, but where's the dirt!?! Why do ride with the seat so low,
> almost in a free ride style? Maybe it's just the camera angle?
>
> Have fun with it!

The seat's not too low, it looks right, about level or just a bit above
handlebars. That's a good XC set up Carla's a little person.. so am I and
my bike is set up similarly. Now for you long legged types of course it's
going to look "off"

Penny

Carla, you still coming out this summer?
post #6 of 30

Re: Break-In Time/New Bike

"Penny S" <pennysinvalid@cetinvalid.com> wrote in message
> Carla, you still coming out this summer?

Penny, it is affirmative. We just bought the plane tickets, rented the room
and the car. We'll be there.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
post #7 of 30

Re: Break-In Time/New Bike

"Penny S" <pennysinvalid@cetinvalid.com> wrote in message
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> > Carla A-G wrote:
> >> We finally finished up building my new bike:
> >>
> >> http://community.webshots.com/photo/...45865684fnMlJM
> >>
> >> Marzocchi, 5th Element Air, CK, Raceface, Thompson, XTR, etc.
> >>

> > <SNIP>
> >
> > Nice, but where's the dirt!?! Why do ride with the seat so low,
> > almost in a free ride style? Maybe it's just the camera angle?
> >
> > Have fun with it!

> The seat's not too low, it looks right, about level or just a bit above
> handlebars. That's a good XC set up Carla's a little person.. so am I and
> my bike is set up similarly. Now for you long legged types of course it's
> going to look "off"
>
> Penny

That is correct. The bike is set-up for me properly.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
post #8 of 30

Re: Break-In Time/New Bike

Carla A-G wrote:
> "Ride-A-Lot" <Sir.Ride-a-LotNOSPAM@careercenter.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Carla A-G wrote:
>>> We finally finished up building my new bike:
>>> http://community.webshots.com/photo/...45865684fnMlJM
>>>
>>> Marzocchi, 5th Element Air, CK, Raceface, Thompson, XTR, etc.
>>>

>> <SNIP>
>>
>> Nice, but where's the dirt!?! Why do ride with the seat so low,
>> almost in a free ride style? Maybe it's just the camera angle?

> That pic was taken in our yard before the ride. We didn't take the
> camera on the ride. The seat is not low, it is the measurement for my
> leg length. The bike is for XC'ing, not freeriding. There is nothing
> wrong with the angle of the camera.
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

OK. I believe you. I am small too (5'5"), but I am more comfortable being
up a bit more. What size frame is that?

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

> OK. I believe you. I am small too (5'5"), but I am more comfortable

being
> up a bit more. What size frame is that?

Size small. I think it ranges for people from 5' to 5'4". I am in that
range.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
post #10 of 30

Re: Break-In Time/New Bike

In news:10b42d97u8i9ja1@corp.supernews.com,
Carla A-G <khsgrl@NOJUNKyahoo.com> typed:
> We finally finished up building my new bike:
>
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/...45865684fnMlJM

<snip>

Nice bottle opener!!! ;^) Did you christen it yet?

Mike
post #11 of 30

Re: Break-In Time/New Bike

markh12001@charter.net wrote:
> Carla,
>
> Light bike, why the choice of the heavy tires, you don't need those knobs.
> You said it was an XC bike...

Because she rides fast enough that she needs traction.

Greg
post #12 of 30

Re: Break-In Time/New Bike

markh12001@charter.net top-posted (big surprise):

> Carla,
>
> Light bike, why the choice of the heavy tires, you don't need those
> knobs. You said it was an XC bike... look at some 480 gram tires
> (kenda karma, Maxis High rollers, Epic Wolf, Hutchinson pythons) .
> You'll have a much zipper feeling bike with the weight (almost 100
> grams) off the rotational forces of each wheel. Before you support
> your precent decision give a light tire a try. You may not notice a
> world of difference until you go BACK to the Panaracers.

This should be good.

Bill "popping some corn" S.
post #13 of 30

Re: Break-In Time/New Bike

Remember I've seen pics and she as short legs. Like she
says the seat isn't low its just right for her.

I MTB 2004
post #14 of 30

Re: RR: Break-In Time/New Bike

Yes you need shoes and bikes.

I MTB 2004
post #15 of 30

Re: RR: Break-In Time/New Bike

"Slacker" <slacker7@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> You're the Imelda Marcos of bikes ;-)

Someone we ride with has already assigned me that title...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home