I'm getting old....

Tim Downie

Guest
Tonight, my wife and daughters are off "enjoying" a Deep Purple concert.
Meanwhile I've enjoyed a magical run this evening through dark country lanes
with only the sound of my feet, small creatures scurrying through the
undergrowth and the nerve jangling screech of owls as accompaniment.

With a small head torch and my glow-wire, I could see (and be seen) if I
wanted to but for much of my run I ran in almost complete darkness, relying
on starlight and a hint of cloud reflected glow from distant street lights
to light my way.

Can't imagine why anyone would want to be packed into a big sweaty hall
filled with unimaginable noise.

As I said, I'm getting old....

Tim

> Can't imagine why anyone would want to be packed into a big sweaty hall
> filled with unimaginable noise.

Oh man.... Deep Purple. You could have run tomorrow night?

Tisk!

"Tim Downie" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Tonight, my wife and daughters are off "enjoying" a Deep Purple concert.

You're getting old?!?! Imagine Deep Purple then :->

>a magical run this evening through dark country lanes
>with only the sound of my feet, small creatures scurrying through the
>undergrowth and the nerve jangling screech of owls

Isn't that the title of a Pink Floyd track?

>Can't imagine why anyone would want to be packed into a big sweaty hall
>filled with unimaginable noise.

MPs the world over seem to enjoy it.

steve common <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Tim Downie" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Tonight, my wife and daughters are off "enjoying" a Deep Purple concert.

> You're getting old?!?! Imagine Deep Purple then :->

They were in their 50's when I was a kid, they gotta be like 90 by
now. Imagine Kid Rock doing his stuff when he's like 60? 60 YO and
stuck with a name like Kid Rock...

u ever wonder why the only sound you here is an owl?
better run with a golf iron dude.
listen and become one with the sounds of nature.

<< u ever wonder why the only sound you here is an owl?
better run with a golf iron dude.
listen and become one with the sounds of nature. >>

All I hear are owls, yes.
I listen, I hasten to hear.
One hoot, one howl.

_______
<A
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

<< u ever wonder why the only sound you here is an owl?
better run with a golf iron dude.
listen and become one with the sounds of nature. >>

Been over to...The
Hoot Owl Clube
Yet? In situ. Deep woods,
Hidden deep en nightly Morning Wood ~
Gates open apres midnight...
Best Guest Pass, if you
Wish ~ Just ask.
ps. You can bring your own flask
Or guess pass, too.

_______
<A
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

"Tim Downie" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Tonight, my wife and daughters are off "enjoying" a Deep Purple concert.

Who? Isn't that like a group from way back in the 20th century or
something, back when they used to have groups and stuff like that?

> As I said, I'm getting old....

Oh.

"Dave Hallsworth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > Can't imagine why anyone would want to be packed into a big sweaty hall
> > filled with unimaginable noise.

> Oh man.... Deep Purple. You could have run tomorrow night?
>
> Tisk!

Hard to believe that some folk would pass up an opportunity to enjoy a great
run. ;-)

Tim

"Tim Downie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Can't imagine why anyone would want to be packed into a big sweaty hall
> filled with unimaginable noise.
>
> As I said, I'm getting old....
>
> Tim

.... or may be just wise!

"Tim Downie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tonight, my wife and daughters are off "enjoying" a Deep Purple concert.
> Meanwhile I've enjoyed a magical run this evening through dark country
> lanes
> with only the sound of my feet, small creatures scurrying through the
> undergrowth and the nerve jangling screech of owls as accompaniment.
>
> With a small head torch and my glow-wire, I could see (and be seen) if I
> wanted to but for much of my run I ran in almost complete darkness,
> relying
> on starlight and a hint of cloud reflected glow from distant street lights
> to light my way.
>
> Can't imagine why anyone would want to be packed into a big sweaty hall
> filled with unimaginable noise.
>
> As I said, I'm getting old....
>
> Tim

Tim, Tim, Tim, Tim, Tim, you really can't go passing on the opportunity to
see such classics as these. Was it them or a tribute band? I remember the
'70s line up Paise, Blackmore, Lord, Glover, Gillan, Ashmore. By God them
were the days. I'd just discovered booze then and suffered as a result of
over indulgence on many a headbanging night out.
Your run sounds great though. I like night running especially from our
village where we have little light pollution. I did a run last year on a
crystal clear night, very cold with no wind, the sky was full of stars and
an aurora. I just felt I wanted to run forever.

"Tim Downie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Hard to believe that some folk would pass up an opportunity to enjoy a

great
> run. ;-)

Ha! I'm off to see 'The Killers' at Manchester Uni union on Fri night.
Cost me a king's ransom for the tickets but, hey, it'll be worth every
penny...

Leafing through rec.running, I read DrLith's message of 09 Nov 2004:

> "Tim Downie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Tonight, my wife and daughters are off "enjoying" a Deep Purple concert.

> Deep Purple? Who's that?
>
> DrLith, stayin' young

All I can remember from Deep Purple is "Smoke On The Water."

Phil M.

--
"What counts in battle is what you do once the pain sets in." -John Short,
South African coach.

In article <[email protected]>,
steve common <[email protected]> wrote:
>>a magical run this evening through dark country lanes
>>with only the sound of my feet, small creatures scurrying through the
>>undergrowth and the nerve jangling screech of owls

>Isn't that the title of a Pink Floyd track?

You owe me a new keyboard and some monitor wipes for that one :cool:

-patrick.

Le Blanc,
The Beatles.
_______
<A
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

Lets see we have put these two on a balance.

A run thru a beatiful night or screaming kids.
Hmmm... I will take "getting old" as a matter of fact when Deep Purple
actually meant something I would have gone on a run back then too.

Your "all grown" now. Good choice...course if it had been Hendrix or
Zepplin or the Dead then it may been a harder choice.

What the hell am I talking about.... never mind.

Len