Shopping for a New Modem...

King Righter

Guest
I've saved up my money, and although my trusty 14.4 modem has served me
well, I think it's time for an upgrade. Now, some people say I should
get a 56k modem, but I've heard that a 28k would be just fine. Now I'm
confused. Can I download videos on a 28k modem? Which one should I
get?

King Righter

"King Righter" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I've saved up my money, and although my trusty 14.4 modem has served me
>well, I think it's time for an upgrade. Now, some people say I should
>get a 56k modem, but I've heard that a 28k would be just fine. Now I'm
>confused. Can I download videos on a 28k modem? Which one should I
>get?
>
>King Righter

Yeah, the 28k should be fine.

HTH

Locutus

On 8 Nov 2004 16:02:20 -0800, "King Righter"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I've saved up my money, and although my trusty 14.4 modem has served me
>well, I think it's time for an upgrade. Now, some people say I should
>get a 56k modem, but I've heard that a 28k would be just fine. Now I'm
>confused. Can I download videos on a 28k modem? Which one should I
>get?

I wouldn't bother with an upgrade, if I were you: are you sure you
can't get the 14.4 fixed? If not, go for the 28k: that'll be fine :)

Best wishes,
--
,,
~~PeeWiglet(**)

Peewiglet <[email protected]> writes:

>On 8 Nov 2004 16:02:20 -0800, "King Righter"
><[email protected]> wrote:

>>I've saved up my money, and although my trusty 14.4 modem has served me
>>well, I think it's time for an upgrade. Now, some people say I should
>>get a 56k modem, but I've heard that a 28k would be just fine. Now I'm
>>confused. Can I download videos on a 28k modem? Which one should I
>>get?

>I wouldn't bother with an upgrade, if I were you: are you sure you
>can't get the 14.4 fixed? If not, go for the 28k: that'll be fine :)

9.6k is fine for newsgroups and email. S'what my mobile phone modem
does, if I'm lucky, which is what I use when on the hoof. Transfers
text far faster than anyone can read. Who needs more than that?
[http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]

"King Righter" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...
> I've saved up my money, and although my trusty 14.4 modem has served me
> well, I think it's time for an upgrade. Now, some people say I should
> get a 56k modem, but I've heard that a 28k would be just fine. Now I'm
> confused. Can I download videos on a 28k modem? Which one should I
> get?
>
> King Righter

PLEASE guys,

Don't post this kind of topics in the newsgroup be.rec.motorcycles.
This is a belgian newsgroup about motorcycles (as you might have deducted
from the name...)

thanks

Please not again. :(

--
FJR - groetjes
Sabien & Luc
"King Righter" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...
> I've saved up my money, and although my trusty 14.4 modem has served me
> well, I think it's time for an upgrade. Now, some people say I should
> get a 56k modem, but I've heard that a 28k would be just fine. Now I'm
> confused. Can I download videos on a 28k modem? Which one should I
> get?
>
> King Righter

I can sell you my 300 baud modem from my commodore 64 for $100.00.
I will give you a free mallet so you can pound it in an isa or pci slot.

"King Righter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've saved up my money, and although my trusty 14.4 modem has served me
> well, I think it's time for an upgrade. Now, some people say I should
> get a 56k modem, but I've heard that a 28k would be just fine. Now I'm
> confused. Can I download videos on a 28k modem? Which one should I
> get?
>
> King Righter

says...
> Peewiglet <[email protected]> writes:
>
> >On 8 Nov 2004 16:02:20 -0800, "King Righter"
> ><[email protected]> wrote:

> >>I've saved up my money, and although my trusty 14.4 modem has served me
> >>well, I think it's time for an upgrade. Now, some people say I should
> >>get a 56k modem, but I've heard that a 28k would be just fine. Now I'm
> >>confused. Can I download videos on a 28k modem? Which one should I
> >>get?

> >I wouldn't bother with an upgrade, if I were you: are you sure you
> >can't get the 14.4 fixed? If not, go for the 28k: that'll be fine :)

> 9.6k is fine for newsgroups and email. S'what my mobile phone modem
> does, if I'm lucky, which is what I use when on the hoof.

especially fine for trolls, who exhibit a greater lack of intelligence
than most

--
Darren