San Diego Bike Rental and Rides (including Yuma)

rascal

Guest
I plan to arrive in San Diego on the 26th of Novemeber and would like
recommendations on a shop or two for bike rentals and some recommended
bike routes. I'd really appreciate any rides that would include hills
and desert on the east side of the Laguna Mountains or in the Yuma, AZ
area. Thanks Ron

For some time I've been collecting information on user experiences taking
bikes on planes, trains, buses, boats, etc. There's lots of stuff on
RENTALS, folding bikes, boxing, airlines, and railroads around the world and
how to ride in/out of about 120 airports. There's section to the site on
flying with bikes since 9-11-2001.

Here's the entry for San Diego: " just rented a bike from Bike tours San
Diego (509 Fifth Ave. Downtown 619-238-2444). They were great! Delivered the
bike to my hotel and picked it up on time with absolutely no problems. They
also offered free road service if you got a flat. The bikes were either
hybrids or mtn bike. I requested a hybrid which was great for the ride I
did. I followed numerous bike paths up to La Jolla and went to a great place
for lunch (best vegi sandwich I've ever had) and got to people watch
(mission beach) and check out the seals.
"For general cycling information in San Diego see: http://www.efgh.com/bike
"

Seell of it at http://www.BikeAccess.net

George