Ozi Explorer Map Merge

Brian

Guest
I came across the Ozi Map Merge utiltiy this afternoon and just had a
play with it.

Seems great after a first play - I now have a map of the whole of
Anglesey from a lot of A4 scans and Mapgrabber bits. Any one else
played with it yet? Any problems?

Brian
(change closed to open for email)

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 19:53:18 +0000 (UTC), Brian wrote:

>I came across the Ozi Map Merge utiltiy this afternoon and just had a
>play with it.
>
>Seems great after a first play - I now have a map of the whole of
>Anglesey from a lot of A4 scans and Mapgrabber bits. Any one else
>played with it yet? Any problems?

I've used it on the AUSLIG raster sheets which can't be joined by cut
and paste unlike the regular OS grid. You can get some funny looking
maps by not chosing the projection carefully. It can be really useful
for joining scans made at differing resolutions.

It won't let you save the resulting image to a file and there is a
restriction on how much of the map you can select to print.

Phil Cook <[email protected]> mentioned:

>It won't let you save the resulting image to a file and there is a
>restriction on how much of the map you can select to print.

I thought the program may have crashed because some of the maps I'd
loaded weren't contiguous. Still, seems worth playing with some more.