Cycling to the rescue pt2

Simon Mason

Guest
Last night around 2130 I was reading "23 days in July" in the sauna when all
the lights went out. Realising there was a power cut, I went into the house
to find our lass and daughter nr 2 with some feeble torch. I went back into
the garage and brought out two led Cateye front lamps, one the 5 led EL300
and they lit up the room pretty well standing on end.

Going back to my beer and Chinese turkey I strapped the Cateye EL 400 to
the sauna thermostat wires and continued to read my book surprisingly
easily. Cycle free families down the road were, I assume, not so blessed
with abundance of lumens one would guess ;-)

--
Simon M.

Simon Mason wrote:
> Last night around 2130 I was reading "23 days in July" in the sauna when all
> the lights went out. Realising there was a power cut, I went into the house
> to find our lass and daughter nr 2 with some feeble torch. I went back into
> the garage and brought out two led Cateye front lamps, one the 5 led EL300
> and they lit up the room pretty well standing on end.
>
> Going back to my beer and Chinese turkey I strapped the Cateye EL 400 to
> the sauna thermostat wires and continued to read my book surprisingly
> easily. Cycle free families down the road were, I assume, not so blessed
> with abundance of lumens one would guess ;-)
>
> --
> Simon M.

We had a power cut too last night. We made do with candles and the
cheapo Cateye I use as emergency backup. I was tempted to spark up my
Lumicycles, but didn't fancy sprinting around the living room trying to
avoid melting the lamp's wiring loom!

Got all settled down with a candle and good book and they turmed the
power back on :-(

Russell Fulker <[email protected]> wrote:

: We had a power cut too last night. We made do with candles and the

What is it with the power? Me too (Thursday night). Got the headtouch
out and then realised that I had no idea where I stashed the emergancy
box of candles. Fortunately we had been given a box of floating candles/tea
lights etc for Christmas and I found that. D'oh.

Arthur

"Blogs are neither necessary nor sufficient for evil to triumph.
They're just what we call an enabling technology" - Danny O'Brien

Arthur Clune wrote:
> Russell Fulker <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> : We had a power cut too last night. We made do with candles and the
>
> What is it with the power? Me too (Thursday night).

We don't live up the same road, do we? :eek:)

Russell Fulker <[email protected]> wrote:

: We don't live up the same road, do we? :eek:)

Dunno. You live in York?