I can swim without contacts!!!

Susan in LA

Guest
After an early hectic morning I got all the way to the pool for my workout
today and I realized I was wearing my glasses. I don't own prescription
goggles. I fumbled my way to the pool anyway, jumped in, and was thrilled to
find that although I couldn't see sh!t above water I could see just fine
underneath. I had no idea. Very cool.

Susan in (cold rainy) LA

Yeah, strange how goggles can do that.

I once had the opposite happen to me. I bought a new pair of goggles, got to
the pool and under water I was virtually blind!

Something to do this the refraction between the goggles and the water I
guess.

Martin

"Susan in LA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> After an early hectic morning I got all the way to the pool for my workout
> today and I realized I was wearing my glasses. I don't own prescription
> goggles. I fumbled my way to the pool anyway, jumped in, and was thrilled
> to find that although I couldn't see sh!t above water I could see just
> fine underneath. I had no idea. Very cool.
>
> Susan in (cold rainy) LA

I noticed the same thing a while back when I was not allowed to wear my
contacts before LASIK surgery. I read that it was because of the refractive
index of water being so much higher than that of air. It sure is cool
though!

Bob

"Susan in LA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> After an early hectic morning I got all the way to the pool for my workout
> today and I realized I was wearing my glasses. I don't own prescription
> goggles. I fumbled my way to the pool anyway, jumped in, and was thrilled
> to find that although I couldn't see sh!t above water I could see just
> fine underneath. I had no idea. Very cool.
>
> Susan in (cold rainy) LA

I have heard of this before. If you are just swimming laps, and have
enough sight to see the black line, you're good.

If you are in a Master's workout and need to see the lap clock, on the
wall, it's a problem.

Whenever I update my eyeglasses, I put the last pair in my workout bag.
Then, if I forget my prescription goggles, I can leave the glasses on
the blocks.

rsquared