Roberts touring frame?

Nige

Guest
I'm coming over to the UK shortly and while there I'm tempted to place
an order for a Roberts touring frame. I've emailed them and asked
about current delivery times etc (although no answer yet received).
Does anybody have any comments or suggestions, on Roberts or similar
touring frame alternatives? I seem recall some comments a year or two
ago about delayed delivery times. Thanks.

Nige wrote:
> I'm coming over to the UK shortly and while there I'm tempted to place
> an order for a Roberts touring frame. I've emailed them and asked
> about current delivery times etc (although no answer yet received).
> Does anybody have any comments or suggestions, on Roberts or similar
> touring frame alternatives? I seem recall some comments a year or two
> ago about delayed delivery times. Thanks.

Nice people, lovely bikes. A small team so sometimes you get delays.
You will get whats best for you. Especially if you can visit first.
Otherwise Thorn are good:
http://www.sjscycles.co.uk

Stan Cox

p.s. not connected to Roberts although they did repair my Coppi in
2003 & did a fine job of it.

Nige wrote:
> I'm coming over to the UK shortly and while there I'm tempted to place
> an order for a Roberts touring frame. I've emailed them and asked
> about current delivery times etc (although no answer yet received).

Ring them up. Their email response is patchy at best. If you can visit,
all the better.

I've had a Roberts Audax for 3.5 years now as my daily commuter, and I
still get a buzz out of riding it.

--
Mark.
http://tranchant.plus.com/

"Nige" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm coming over to the UK shortly and while there I'm tempted to place
> an order for a Roberts touring frame. I've emailed them and asked
> about current delivery times etc (although no answer yet received).
> Does anybody have any comments or suggestions, on Roberts or similar
> touring frame alternatives? I seem recall some comments a year or two
> ago about delayed delivery times. Thanks.

I have a Roberts road bike. There is nothing wrong with Roberts as long as
you insist on them sticking to your spec.as like most experts they are a bit
of a law unto themselves.Immensely pleased with the bike they made for me
and would buy from them again.

KC

"Nige" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm coming over to the UK shortly and while there I'm tempted to place
> an order for a Roberts touring frame. I've emailed them and asked
> about current delivery times etc (although no answer yet received).
> Does anybody have any comments or suggestions, on Roberts or similar
> touring frame alternatives? I seem recall some comments a year or two
> ago about delayed delivery times. Thanks.

Yes they can be a bit tardy! I looked at their stuff before finally going a
bit mad and getting an Omega titanium made to measure jobbie -
www.omegacycleworks.com
I was put off Roberts partly because of comments along the line of - if you
don't know what you want they'll do a grand job; if you do and they don't
like what you want/agree with your choices you will have an interesting
time. If you're looking for a made to measure tourer you could look at
Mercian - www.merciancycles.co.uk or Argos racing cycles in Bristol -
www.argoscycles.co.uk who despite thier name do very nice touring and audx
frames.

HTH
Julia

Nige wrote:
> I'm coming over to the UK shortly and while there I'm tempted to place
> an order for a Roberts touring frame. I've emailed them and asked
> about current delivery times etc (although no answer yet received).
> Does anybody have any comments or suggestions, on Roberts or similar
> touring frame alternatives? I seem recall some comments a year or two
> ago about delayed delivery times. Thanks.

My Roberts is the best bike I ever owned. No idea about delivery times etc.

--
Joe * If I cannot be free I'll be cheap