Training Week Ending December 12, 2004

M: 90 min spincycle; 3 miles running
T: 60 min spincycle; 3.5 miles running
W: 60 min spincycle
Th: 60 min spincycle; 3 miles running; light weights
F: DNS/R
S: DNS/R
S: DNS/R
_______
<A
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

sun 9
mon 9
tue 4
wed 3
Th-Sat 0
__________

Mediocore Running all week. Cold, West nasty weather all week.

Been too busy the last 3 days to do any miles (business & prep'ing for the
holidays). Got a 10K race Sunday morning, last race of '04. Would be nice to
go 6:30/mile & finish between 30th-40th in my age group.

I've decided to go for it and do a Spring Marathon. Now I'm just trying to
decide...Boston or Big Sur? I'll be in California for Xmas so perhaps the West
Coast "air" might sway me.....Gotta decide by the end of the year...

"Twittering One" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> M: 90 min spincycle; 3 miles running
> T: 60 min spincycle; 3.5 miles running
> W: 60 min spincycle
> Th: 60 min spincycle; 3 miles running; light weights

do you get in there with the clothes or do you run it empty when you jump
in?

> F: DNS/R
> S: DNS/R
> S: DNS/R
> _______
> Blog, or dog? Who knows. But if you see my lost pup, please ping me!
> <A
> HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
> s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

2500 miles pass.
"yah"!
goal is done for 2004. all 4 seasons ride my bikes to live on 10 cent
cans.
Michigan u.s.a.
2500÷364 days 52 weeks × 7 days per week=364. 7 miles per
day=2558
total for year end well be done
7 miles x 364 days

By all me:>)
Merry Christmas and a Happy New years.
I out of here.

Monday 30 minutes ellliptical trainer
Tuesday am - weights (upper body) 3k ski machine pm - 5 k elliptical
trainer
Wednesday 40 minutes ellliptical trainer XC course
Thursday am - weights (upper body) 5k on the ski machine pm ran 4
miles
Friday 5.6 k ski machine
Saturday weights (upper body) ran 5 miles
Sunday ran 8

total 17 miles running , lots of cross training

Goals:
Recover from plantar fascitiis which I now have in both feet.
Got back my modified orthotics and still don't like them, am trying retail
inserts and new shoes Asics 2090.
I am going to see another podiatrist and still investigating Shock Wave
treatment.
Hopefully I can get healthy in the next 6 weeks for some indoor track.
Keep the body fat down (15.5%) and reduce it if at all possible.
I'm thinking maybe I can get to Clydesdale status though weight training. I
remember that Ronnie Lott (safety SF 49ers) weighed about 200lbs in his
prime and thinking that might be a worthy goal someday.
I might be slow but at least I'll look good :]

"SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
> week and goals.
>
> ** note: in two weeks (Christmas weekend) I will be
> posting the annual 'Training Year' thread.
>

> cheers,
> --
> David (in Hamilton ON)
> www.absolutelyaccurate.com
> www.allfalldown.org

Bloody work!

Mon 0:47 8k 5mi Easy on grass in park near work

Tue-Sat NOTHING

Sun 0:53 10k 6mi 20' to local track, drills, lines
11x200m/100m in 42"/42", 20' back home
________________
Tot 1:50 18k 11mi

SwStudio wrote:
> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
> week and goals.

Mon recovery run (24 miles yesterday) 3.1miles easy

Tue Christmas handicap 4K 2.5miles 0:15:04 6:02 mpm pace

Wed easy run 6.5 miles 54:00 8:18 mpm

Thu LT run 7.2 mies 52:49 7:20 mpm

Fri easy run 5.1miles 41:40 8:10 mpm

Sat Kirkintilloch XC 9.6k 6 miles 43:33 7:15 mpm

Sun lsd 13.5 miles 1:44:50 7:46 mpm

Total for week 44 miles

Goals. Sub 1:30 1/2 marathon in March, sub 3:15 marathon in April, finish my
95 miler in June alive.

Tim

"SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
> week and goals.
>
> ** note: in two weeks (Christmas weekend) I will be
> posting the annual 'Training Year' thread.

Just got back from a 3-miler. I know, not much, but I haven't run for a
while. I also was in Reno/Tahoe the last three days and got some great
skiing in. The snow could have been better, but it was fun anyway.

Now, I'm back in the program, ready to start running regularly again, except
when I can get away to the slopes!

Martha

Leafing through rec.running, I read SwStudio's message of 11 Dec 2004:

> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and
> goals.

Mon 0.00 rest
Tue 5.33 easy
Wed 8.08 tempo 5 up, 3 tempo
Thu 0.00 rest
Fri 5.52 aerobic
Sat 4.07 easy
Sun 12.00 med long
------------------------------
Wk 35
Yr 2,214

This was the last week of base building. Ended with an easy recovery
week. Tomorrow is the start of the 18 week training program for Boston.
It begins with a 6 week endurance phase, then a 5 week lactate threshold
phase, followed by a 4 week race preparation phase (3 races of 8 to 15k),
and then finally a 3 week tapering phase.

Miles Per week
Endurance Phase: 43, 46, 49, 52, 56, 46
LT Phase: 60, 60, 57, 51, 63
Race Prep Phase: 59, 61, 57, 59
Taper Phase: 50, 39, 26

Weekly Long Runs
Endurance Phase: 13, 15, 15, 17, 19, 14
LT Phase: 19, 20, 15, 15, 22
Race Prep Phase: 18, 17, 18, 20
Taper Phase: 16, 12, 10

Racing Goals:
3/5/05 Half Marathon, Auburn AL (unless I find something shorter)
3/19/05 Azalea Trail Run 10K, Mobile AL
4/2/05 Cooper River Bridge Run 10K, Charleston SC
4/18/05 Boston Marathon submitted my online registration today ;-)

Have a great week rec.runners.

Phil M.

--
"What counts in battle is what you do once the pain sets in."
John Short, South African coach.

Leafing through rec.running, I read Sam Fronglope's message of 12 Dec 2004:

> 2500 miles pass.
> "yah"!

Way to go Tom!

> goal is done for 2004. all 4 seasons ride my bikes to live on 10 cent
> cans.
> Michigan u.s.a.
> 2500÷364 days 52 weeks × 7 days per week=364. 7 miles per
> day=2558
> total for year end well be done
> 7 miles x 364 days

Aren't there 366 days in a leap year? There was a February 29th this year.

> By all me:>)
> Merry Christmas and a Happy New years.
> I out of here.

Same to you. ;-)

Phil M.

--
"What counts in battle is what you do once the pain sets in." -John Short,
South African coach.

Still waiting on injury recovery, been one month now...

Tues- 7.5 miles/ jog 5 min then walk 5 min then repeat

Thurs- 2 hours inline skating, about 25 miles. Sore right achilles
tendon afterwards.

Sat- Was supposed to run, but ended up house supply/christmas/grocery
shopping first and got too tired

Sun- 7 miles, jogged the whole thing, yay! My injured bits started to
make themselves felt at the end, but I hope I'm able to continue doing
longer runs like this.

-J

SwStudio wrote:

> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
> week and goals.
>
> ** note: in two weeks (Christmas weekend) I will be
> posting the annual 'Training Year' thread.
>
> cheers,
> --
> David (in Hamilton ON)
> www.absolutelyaccurate.com
> www.allfalldown.org

"SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
> week and goals.

15 weeks to go until the ATB30k.

M - ab routine + stretch, 5x2000m(7:20), 2:40 recov., 2up, 1down
T -ab routine + stretch, 18km easy
W - am/weights & ab routine, 30 min recumbent bike, moderate
- pm/3x(3min @ 11.6mph--->3min @ 5.8mph), 3up, 1down
T -off
F -12km easy
S -8km hard
S -18km medium

total - 79km (49 miles)

cheers,
--
David (in Hamilton ON)
www.absolutelyaccurate.com
www.allfalldown.org

Tues 5.2 in 31:23am
5.2 in 35:51pm
Weds 5.2 in 37:53am
5.2 in 34:40pm
Thurs REST (work-enforced)
Fri 5.2 in 31:19am
5.2 in 35:02pm
Sat: REST (rather unnecessary)

Sun TRACK 9 * 800 with 400 jog recovery
Average time 2:52 per 800

Immediate goal - break 6-minute miling in club Christmas handicap in 7
days time (only 4.66 miles, but includes testing climb)

Or win welly-whanging contest on the beach afterwards...

(for dirty-minded non-Brits, this is throwing a wellington boot!)

>SwStudio wrote:
>> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
>> week and goals.

i've been too embarrassed to enter any of my run
data in here before, but now i see that there's
a lot of people not doing much so i'm in
good company.

all runs on treadmill. incline between 1 and 5 degrees (mostly near 1)
mon jog 5K
tues weights
wed jog 5K
thurs weights
fri jog 10K

Goal: short term. do one 10K every week. try to resolve
continuing itb problem. bump mileage up slowly
to 30K/week by january

long term: plenty of short trail races in 2005. one ultra trail
of 50K. and 1 marathon in october. still happy with
just finishing. not aiming at any particular time goals.
....thehick

No real goal. First cold week of winter in Tokyo.

Mon: rest
Tue: 5k
Wed: rest
Thurs: 5k
Fri: rest
Sat: slow long walk: shopping for Xmas :)
Sun: rest

Total: 10k

--
Eryn

..... might as well finish out the year on this thing.

mon: spincycle 20m incline treadmill 20m, weights
tues: off
wed: ran 45m, hr 141
thur: walked 40m
fri: ran 39m, hr 143, some weights
sat: walk/run 30m
sun: walk treadmill 50m

week 2 of marathon recovery and seasonal rest period. Legs felt just 'ok'
on friday's run, and before that they felt like quite lifeless since the
marathon. I'm really thinking the marathon was a mistake and counter
productive to my long term running. I'm seriously considering becoming just
a jogger from now on, with no race goals, but I'll wait until January before
deciding. Talk about post-race depression!

-Tony

Starting to return to normal after 28 mile race on 11/28.
Next race: Avalon 50 mile Jan 7. (maybe...if I get some good workouts in)

Sun: 8 mi. 860' of climb (off Mullholland). Slow and steady, no walking.
Mon: 8 mi 700' of climb in 1:16, 125 hr avg. Still sluggish.
Tue: 13.5 mi 2100' of climb in 2:04, 145 hr up, 130 down. LT type workout:
20 min, 10 min, 10 min hard, rest easy. Pooped on way back. Pony rides to
Mt. Lee,
the long way, Mt. Hollywood back. 2:03 to Mt. Lee.
Wed: 8 mi, 700' of climb, tired and slow.
Thu: 10.5 mi. 3 mi warmup, 10 x 440 in an embarrasingly slow time
(I used to run marathons faster than this!), 3.5 cooldown.
Fri: 8 mi easy, 700' of climb.
Sat: 14.5 mi, 3500' of climb, felt so bad that I cut this 20 miler short.
Really tired, no zip, even the downhill was a chore.
Sun: 9 mi, 1500' climb, felt great, lots of energy. Go figure...

Total (Sun - Sat): 70.5 miles, 8560' of climb.

"Tony" <qtrader2@(remove)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> week 2 of marathon recovery and seasonal rest period. Legs felt just
> 'ok'
> on friday's run, and before that they felt like quite lifeless since
> the
> marathon. I'm really thinking the marathon was a mistake and counter
> productive to my long term running. I'm seriously considering
> becoming just
> a jogger from now on, with no race goals, but I'll wait until January
> before
> deciding. Talk about post-race depression!

How much the marathon helped or hindered will take some time to
evaluate. Becoming a jogger right now should be looked at as your reward
not an entry into depression. Post race down time is fun. Chill
(nothing buy easy cross training or less than 5 junk miles) for 2-3
weeks and then go back to base work. Basic periodization especially the
rest breaks is what keeps us going. Of course it took me a few dozen
marathons before the light went on and I moved all my distance to
trails.

-DougF