RBR is in the toilet

TritonRider

Guest
Cross season was barely on the screen. There is zero buzz leading into Worlds.
The US results were a surprise to me. There are some real questions on the
womens side.
Seems to me that nobody gives a ****.
Bill C

> Cross season was barely on the screen. There is zero buzz leading into
> Worlds.
> The US results were a surprise to me. There are some real questions on the
> womens side.
> Seems to me that nobody gives a ****.
> Bill C

We're all on the toilet shitting. Tis the season to be JOLLY, Dude. Glad
you're back--I was beginning to worry about you. Thought maybe you got
pulled back into the military by Rummy and shipped off to Karbala.

> Cross season was barely on the screen. There is zero buzz leading into
> Worlds.
> The US results were a surprise to me. There are some real questions on the
> womens side.
> Seems to me that nobody gives a ****.
> Bill C

We're talking about Dodgeball.

If the story isn't about us, why would we give a ****?

>From: "B. Lafferty" [email protected]

>We're all on the toilet shitting. Tis the season to be JOLLY, Dude. Glad
>you're back--I was beginning to worry about you. Thought maybe you got
>pulled back into the military by Rummy and shipped off to Karbala.

Wish I had. I miss my little mobile van with all the antennas.
Most of my friends are there already, but I'm way too fat and at 39 I'm not
going back through Basic.
Bill C

>From: "Callistus Valerius" [email protected]

> If the story isn't about us, why would we give a ****?

Cause the RBR types should have a goal, and there isn't anybody here that could
carry the jocks or panties of the Nat level Crossers. Cross rules. It's about
bike handling, power, repeated sprints, and pure guts.
That leaves out most of RBR.
Surgery for me right after X-mas, and life is good!
Bill C

TritonRider wrote:
>>From: "Callistus Valerius" [email protected]

>>If the story isn't about us, why would we give a ****?

> Cause the RBR types should have a goal, and there isn't anybody here that could
> carry the jocks or panties of the Nat level Crossers. Cross rules. It's about
> bike handling, power, repeated sprints, and pure guts.
> That leaves out most of RBR.
> Surgery for me right after X-mas, and life is good!
> Bill C

I missed any mention of injury/illness. Hope you're well, and best to
you and yours for the Holiday and the new year.

Steve

> >From: "Callistus Valerius" [email protected]

>> If the story isn't about us, why would we give a ****?

> Cause the RBR types should have a goal, and there isn't anybody here that
> could
> carry the jocks or panties of the Nat level Crossers. Cross rules. It's
> about
> bike handling, power, repeated sprints, and pure guts.
> That leaves out most of RBR.
> Surgery for me right after X-mas, and life is good!
> Bill C

OK, so whose panties would rbr denizens most like to carry? My podium:

1. Gina Hall
2. Christine Vardaros
3.Heather Szabo

>From: Steven Bornfeld [email protected]

>missed any mention of injury/illness. Hope you're well, and best to
>you and yours for the Holiday and the new year.
>
>Steve

I've had a really bad case of Carpal Tunnel which has kept me from riding,
either a real bike or trainer, and caused me to be unable to do the Bob Beale
Masters Weekend as a motor which is one of my favorite events.
The great thing is that my surgeon is Joe Lellman who is a pretty good masters
racer too and has a handle on the cycling stuff.
He is baffled about the powerlifting though.
Bill C

dumbass,

some of us have goals; like antagonzing idiots like you.

> >From: "Callistus Valerius" [email protected]

> > If the story isn't about us, why would we give a ****?

> Cause the RBR types should have a goal, and there isn't anybody here that

could
> carry the jocks or panties of the Nat level Crossers. Cross rules. It's

about
> bike handling, power, repeated sprints, and pure guts.
> That leaves out most of RBR.
> Surgery for me right after X-mas, and life is good!
> Bill C

I miss Daveys stuff, hope he returns. I am a very experienced mountain bike
rider who has rode hundreds of trails and fire roads in the High Sierras. I
ride this way much more then my road bike. I well understand what you are
talking about. Once I went up a extremely technical fire road and it really
wasted me. Some campers followed and caught up with me at the top at 7000
feet. They marveled at the line I took on the rocky road and the constant
switching. I don't know why but I love cross and mountain biking for me
personally but when it comes to being a fan, I am a roadie fan all the way.
How odd that following mountain biking hasn't clicked with me as a fan.
Maybe I find it just too much already to keep up with in the roadie scene.
Also with womens road racing, it more of visual thing. Its very clean and
smoothe watching the action with the girls as where the other is messy,
dirty and the short intervals don't click with me like the action in the
road races, especially the long steep smoothe climbs which really sorts out
the riders. Best of both worlds I guess in my own way.

B-

TritonRider said:
Cross season was barely on the screen. There is zero buzz leading into Worlds.
The US results were a surprise to me. There are some real questions on the
womens side.
Seems to me that nobody gives a ****.
Bill C

Well, I do considering two of my teammates raced the elite natz and one of them podium'd in the collegiate race. But r.b.r met its demise about 6 years ago. Didn't Dave Bailey pronounce it dead back then?
Anyhoo, there's an awesome interview with Ann Grand-Knapp on cyclingnews...
http://www.cyclingnews.com/riders/2004/interviews/?id=ann_knapp04

I stand by my previous assessment of her hottitude - google for my definition of "hottitude". She rocks - a nice balanced outlook on life and cycling's role in it, but still goes out and kicks ass.

Speaking of Dave Bailey, maybe some here can learn how to insult properly by researching his old posts:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/ac8b930f45e097a7
(and for those too lazy to go to the link):
"This is not a goddamned IRC channel where uneducated shitball filth
gather their sweaty, greasy cyber-presences and take turns ***********
two-word phrases into the void, occasionally stopping to compose more
lengthy paragraphs which scream out to the world, "I am a jackass!!!"

That is so awesome. I wonder what the old boy is doing now...

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 01:24:26 +1100, pedalchick
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Well, I do considering two of my teammates raced the elite natz and one
>of them podium'd in the collegiate race. But r.b.r met its demise about
>6 years ago.

That's dangerous you know. Most long term rbr denizens know better
than to remember further back than two years. More than that may lead
to brain function loss and everything cycles on a two-year basis,
anyway. Time for a long discussion of USCF elections next year. (I'll
admit to being around under one email account or another since Roger
posted from Belgium, but I'm starting to forget the stuff since Kurgan
under a different name argued economics for weeks on end. I feel
better already.)

rbr isn't dead. There are still changes, such as indicated by the
correct answer to the following question:

A rbr denizen is driving through DC and sees a drunk peeing against a
wall in an alley. His first thought is:

a. What does he think he is, French?
b. What does he think this is, a bike race?
c. Dumbass, what does he think he is, French?
d. Dumbass, what does he think this is, a bike race?

See? Things still change - there is a life of sorts remaining. Unless
Henry starts arguing economics...

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Special credit:

The person/entity that knows all is:

1. Kunich, but no one wants to admit it.
2. Lafferty, but no one is listening.
3. Benjo Maso, but most of us have to wait for the translation.
4. Dumbass. Henry. Kurgan. Whatever.
5. Davide Tosi, and the world is in the toilet.
6. God
7. Lance
8. Pedalchick, since she has the highest remaining post of acclamation
on rbr.

"Curtis L. Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Special credit:
>
> The person/entity that knows all is:
>
> 1. Kunich, but no one wants to admit it.

If Kunich didn't come across as a (know it all) then he wouldn't get
hammered nearly as much but its for this very reason he seems to be
untrustworthy to follow him as credible information. Even when he is soundly
debunked, he keeps fighting refusing to give in. This behavior is typical in
the helmet threads where three or 4 guys from the same (know it all) club
engage in endless shotouts that lasted for months ever after Mike Iglesias
posted to please refrain from helmet threads in regular updates of the FAQ.
I feel sorry for those who use google and have had to see Kunich's name come
up a million times for the helmet threads for months on end. That's clearly
abuse, but I don't see it with my newsreader so I didn't worry about it. I
never said Kunich wasn't a smart guy, he is, but he doesn't know when to
quit, doesn't always tell the truth when cornered, and has alienated himself
from many in the group.

> 2. Lafferty, but no one is listening.

Lafferty is civil and provides good filler for Lance and doping scandals. If
we were ranking posters based on civility, a lot of these guys would be at
the top including Warren, Dan Connelly, Pappy, Carl, Tritonrider, and number
of others. What good is it if all the smartest guys who post excellent info
are too virulent to talk too? Civility can make or break a group.

> 3. Benjo Maso, but most of us have to wait for the translation.

He is actually extremely articulate and I can understand just about
everything he types, it's just that sometimes some of his replies sound like
poetic cycling answers rather then just down and dirty off the cuff. That's
just who he is, he is very civil dude, but he can't be baited. He is much
too smart for that.

> 4. Dumbass. Henry. Kurgan. Whatever.

Henry has lots to offer for road racing, he is crafty and cunning, often
funny, he has been in some of the most hilarous threads, and he does spice
up the group, with his dumbass russian roulette way of responding. Take him
as you will.

> 5. Davide Tosi, and the world is in the toilet.

He's inactive.

> 6. God

No comment.

> 7. Lance

? Who does Lance post under?

> 8. Pedalchick, since she has the highest remaining post of acclamation
> on rbr.

Pedalchick is cool by me.

"Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>> 7. Lance

> ? Who does Lance post under?

I doubt that he posts, but he either lurks or has some things forwarded to
him. He's alluded to rbr posted stuff in the past. Right Lance?

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:06:53 -0800, "Sierraman" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>He is actually extremely articulate and I can understand just about
>everything he types,

That would be re the latest book...
Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

"Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> If Kunich didn't come across as a (know it all) then he wouldn't get
> hammered nearly as much but its for this very reason he seems to be
> untrustworthy to follow him as credible information. Even when he is

soundly
> debunked, he keeps fighting refusing to give in. This behavior is typical

in
> the helmet threads where three or 4 guys from the same (know it all) club
> engage in endless shotouts that lasted for months ever after Mike Iglesias
> posted to please refrain from helmet threads in regular updates of the

FAQ.
> I feel sorry for those who use google and have had to see Kunich's name

come
> up a million times for the helmet threads for months on end. That's

clearly
> abuse, but I don't see it with my newsreader so I didn't worry about it. I
> never said Kunich wasn't a smart guy, he is, but he doesn't know when to
> quit, doesn't always tell the truth when cornered, and has alienated

himself
> from many in the group.
>
> > 2. Lafferty, but no one is listening.

> Lafferty is civil and provides good filler for Lance and doping scandals.

If
> we were ranking posters based on civility, a lot of these guys would be at
> the top including Warren, Dan Connelly, Pappy, Carl, Tritonrider, and

number
> of others. What good is it if all the smartest guys who post excellent

info
> are too virulent to talk too? Civility can make or break a group.
>
> > 3. Benjo Maso, but most of us have to wait for the translation.

> He is actually extremely articulate and I can understand just about
> everything he types, it's just that sometimes some of his replies sound

like
> poetic cycling answers rather then just down and dirty off the cuff.

That's
> just who he is, he is very civil dude, but he can't be baited. He is much
> too smart for that.
>
> > 4. Dumbass. Henry. Kurgan. Whatever.

> Henry has lots to offer for road racing, he is crafty and cunning, often
> funny, he has been in some of the most hilarous threads, and he does spice
> up the group, with his dumbass russian roulette way of responding. Take

him
> as you will.
>
> > 5. Davide Tosi, and the world is in the toilet.

> He's inactive.
>
> > 6. God

> No comment.
>
> > 7. Lance

> ? Who does Lance post under?
>
> > 8. Pedalchick, since she has the highest remaining post of acclamation
> > on rbr.

> Pedalchick is cool by me.

If there was anything more to add it would be this. Anyone in RBR rocks if
they are smart and knowledgeable about mostly road and track racing,
truthful, funny, witty, happy - (not the new version of if you're happy
you're gay) civil, not quick tempered, admits when they are wrong with
grace, and gives anyone a chance for starters who has made it through the
rbr gauntlet as a newbie.

Now who would have all these attributes? Naturally the SR. That's why he is
the SR. :)