Downhill venue needed, London

Lou

Guest
Hi all,

We require a venue to test our unpowered lightweight vehicle. About 100 meters downhill, straight
with a flat at the bottom for stopping. The smoother the better as we have smallish wheels. Would
ideally like somewhere in London, I know its quite flat but anything considered.

Any suggestions are very gratefully received.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Lou

Lou wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We require a venue to test our unpowered lightweight vehicle. About 100 meters downhill, straight
> with a flat at the bottom for stopping. The smoother the better as we have smallish wheels. Would
> ideally like somewhere in London, I know its quite flat but anything considered.
>
> Any suggestions are very gratefully received.

Hanger Lane (W5) ?

Colin McKenzie

I live in North London. There are loads of hills around Highgate, Hampstead, Muswell Hill, Alexandra Palace. However, I don't know where you'd find a place to do what you want to do. You'd have to get on your bike and look around.

Lou <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi all,
>
> We require a venue to test our unpowered lightweight vehicle. About 100 meters downhill, straight
> with a flat at the bottom for stopping. The smoother the better as we have smallish wheels. Would
> ideally like somewhere in London, I know its quite flat but anything considered. Lou

How about the slope down from White Lodge northwards in Richmond Park ?

Closed to road traffic apart from direct access to White Lodge and part of NCN4.

http://uk2.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?X=520500&Y=174000&width=500&height=300&client=public&gride=&-
gridn=&keepicon=true&coordsys=gb&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&scale=10000&down.x=18&down.y=17

Regards, Tim

On 21 Jun 2003 09:29:14 -0700, [email protected] (Tim Henderson) wrote:

>How about the slope down from White Lodge northwards in Richmond Park ?
>
>Closed to road traffic apart from direct access to White Lodge and part of NCN4.
>
>http://uk2.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?X=520500&Y=174000&width=500&height=300&client=public&gr-
>ide=&gridn=&keepicon=true&coordsys=gb&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&scale=10000&down.x=18-
>&down.y=17

If that's the one I think it is it has substantial speed bumps on it.

--
Dave...

"Lou" wrote in message ...
> Hi all,
>
> We require a venue to test our unpowered lightweight vehicle. About 100 meters downhill, straight
> with a flat at the bottom for stopping. The smoother the better as we have smallish wheels. Would
> ideally like somewhere in London, I know its quite flat but anything considered.
>
> Any suggestions are very gratefully received.
>
> Thank you in advance for your time.
>
> Lou

Hi Lou,

Oh come on, we're dying to hear what this vehicle is (well I am anyway), do tell :)