The hotel at 316033

Gwyn

Guest
Can anyone confirm this is the three shires Inn at little langdale and
accepts non residents.
--
Gwyn, [email protected]
spamtrap -rem if replying

The message <[email protected]>
from Gwyn <[email protected]> contains these words:

> Can anyone confirm this is the three shires Inn at little langdale and
> accepts non residents.

If you mean can you drink there yes and yes (or at least it was true the
last time I was there in winter which was some time ago now).

--
Roger Chapman

Roger wrote on Sat, 8 Jan 2005 10:53:58 GMT....
> The message <[email protected]>
> from Gwyn <[email protected]> contains these words:
>
> > Can anyone confirm this is the three shires Inn at little langdale and
> > accepts non residents.

> If you mean can you drink there yes and yes (or at least it was true the
> last time I was there in winter which was some time ago now).

My wife and I stopped there for a meal last June. Service was a bit
lackadaisical - the idea that someone might just turn up on a weekday
evening and ask for food seemed to take them by surprise, despite the
restaurant sign outside. But we did get fed, and the food was quite
good.

--
Tim Jackson
[email protected]lid

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 04:04:53 +0000, Gwyn <[email protected]> wrote:

>Can anyone confirm this is the three shires Inn at little langdale and
>accepts non residents.

Saturday evening in October. 12 of us staying at the excellent Fylde
MC hut in Little Langdale turned up for food: 6 at 6.45pm and 6 at
7.15 pm. Those of us who turned up at 6.45 were fed and watered
immediately. Those who turned up at 7.15 were told to wait. At 9pm
they were told that the kitchen was closing! As a consolation, I told
them that the food was excellent.

Moral: either book or turn up early if wanting food on a Saturday
Evening.

Tim Jackson <[email protected]> writes

>My wife and I stopped there for a meal last June. Service was a bit
>lackadaisical - the idea that someone might just turn up on a weekday
>evening and ask for food seemed to take them by surprise, despite the
>restaurant sign outside. But we did get fed, and the food was quite
>good.

We saw a pub on a scorching hot day in the Yorkshire Dales this summer
and decided to get a meal and ditch the sandwiches.
As we walked up to the place we saw a group outside the back of the pub.
Turned out that the kitchen had been on fire!
--
Gordon Harris

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 01:08:23 +0000, Gordon Harris
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Tim Jackson <[email protected]> writes
>>
>>My wife and I stopped there for a meal last June. Service was a bit
>>lackadaisical - the idea that someone might just turn up on a weekday
>>evening and ask for food seemed to take them by surprise, despite the
>>restaurant sign outside. But we did get fed, and the food was quite
>>good.
>>

>We saw a pub on a scorching hot day in the Yorkshire Dales this summer
>and decided to get a meal and ditch the sandwiches.
>As we walked up to the place we saw a group outside the back of the pub.
>Turned out that the kitchen had been on fire!

We felt peckish one afternoon last summer, and decided to drop into
the Steak House for a few jars and a bite to eat, in preference to the
Little Chef next door where we'd been recently. While we waited for
our grub we had a splendid view of the Little Chef burning down!