or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

funny things to do on a bike

post #1 of 346
this morning on my way to the bus stop i was ridding my bike along the usual
sidewalk stretch next to this lame housing development, (there is a lot of
entrance to the sidewalk from the houses their, so many stoopd people walking
out f it always), so for whatever reason i decide to bark real loud at whoever
is on the sidewalk. i come zooming up to this once couple who were not looking,
*ruff! ruff!* they just about jumped out of there skin. this one other lady
practicly had a heart attack she was so scred *RUFF! WOOF!* when i look back she
is actualy clutcing her chest!

anyway just thught i would share, it was pertty funny!!!
post #2 of 346

Re: funny things to do on a bike

jake jamison wrote:
> this morning on my way to the bus stop i was ridding my bike along
> the usual sidewalk stretch next to this lame housing development,
> (there is a lot of entrance to the sidewalk from the houses their, so
> many stoopd people walking out f it always), so for whatever reason i
> decide to bark real loud at whoever is on the sidewalk. i come
> zooming up to this once couple who were not looking, *ruff! ruff!*
> they just about jumped out of there skin. this one other lady
> practicly had a heart attack she was so scred *RUFF! WOOF!* when i
> look back she is actualy clutcing her chest!
>
> anyway just thught i would share, it was pertty funny!!!

Think again. (Or for the first time, evidently.)

Bill "whaddya, like, *8*?" S.
post #3 of 346

Re: funny things to do on a bike

S o r n i wrote:
<drivel snipped>

> Bill "whaddya, like, *8*?" S.

Yup. Google shows his favorite newsgroup to be rec.toys.action-figures...

Austin

--
I'm pedaling as fast as I durn well please!
There are no X characters in my address

Re: funny things to do on a bike

Thu, 06 May 2004 16:57:39 GMT,
<78umc.6892$8S1.1328@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>, "jake jamison"
<j_jamison@hotmale.com> wrote:

>this morning on my way to the bus stop i was ridding my bike along the usual
>sidewalk stretch next to this lame housing development, (there is a lot of
>entrance to the sidewalk from the houses their, so many stoopd people walking
>out f it always), so for whatever reason i decide to bark real loud at whoever
>is on the sidewalk. i come zooming up to this once couple who were not looking,
>*ruff! ruff!* they just about jumped out of there skin. this one other lady
>practicly had a heart attack she was so scred *RUFF! WOOF!* when i look back she
>is actualy clutcing her chest!
>
>anyway just thught i would share, it was pertty funny!!!

I thought it was about a four.
--
zk
post #5 of 346

Re: funny things to do on a bike

> "jake jamison" <j_jamison@hotmale.com> wrote in message
> > this morning on my way to the bus stop i was ridding my bike along the

> usual
> > sidewalk stretch next to this lame housing development, (there is a lot

of
> > entrance to the sidewalk from the houses their, so many stoopd people

> walking
> > out f it always), so for whatever reason i decide to bark real loud at

> whoever
> > is on the sidewalk. i come zooming up to this once couple who were not

> looking,
> > *ruff! ruff!* they just about jumped out of there skin. this one other

> lady
> > practicly had a heart attack she was so scred *RUFF! WOOF!* when i look

> back she
> > is actualy clutcing her chest!
> >
> > anyway just thught i would share, it was pertty funny!!!

Just curious what you would have done if she really did have a heart attack?
-tom
post #6 of 346

Re: funny things to do on a bike

Thu, 6 May 2004 14:29:40 -0400, <409a83f9_1@127.0.0.1>,
"Don" <dpaquin@att.net> wrote:

>well.. since many people are scared ****less of dogs.. you've done your best
>to give cyclists a bad name with another group of people..

Cyclists are traditionally considered scum by the worthless dull
witted masses of unwashed heathen plebes. His antics didn't
significantly change anyone's opinion of cyclists as a group.

I bark at coyotes. Doesn't scare them at all.
--
zk
post #7 of 346

Re: funny things to do on a bike

Thu, 6 May 2004 11:43:48 -0700, <c7e114$3co$1@news.Stanford.EDU>,
"Tom Nakashima" <tom@slac.stanford.edu> wrote:

>Just curious what you would have done if she really did have a heart attack?

zk
post #8 of 346

Re: funny things to do on a bike

"jake jamison" <j_jamison@hotmale.com> wrote in message
> this morning on my way to the bus stop i was ridding my bike along the

usual
> sidewalk stretch next to this lame housing development, (there is a lot of
> entrance to the sidewalk from the houses their, so many stoopd people

walking
> out f it always), so for whatever reason i decide to bark real loud at

whoever
> is on the sidewalk. i come zooming up to this once couple who were not

looking,
> *ruff! ruff!* they just about jumped out of there skin. this one other

lady
> practicly had a heart attack she was so scred *RUFF! WOOF!* when i look

back she
> is actualy clutcing her chest!
>
> anyway just thught i would share, it was pertty funny!!!

That makes a strange sort of sense ... they tell women if they're getting
attacked don't yell help, yell fire instead. Nobody pays attention to help.
It would seem a barking dog would get peoples better than most other things.

C.Q.C.
post #9 of 346

jake jamison wrote:
> this morning on my way to the bus stop i was ridding my bike along
> the usual sidewalk stretch next to this lame housing development,
> (there is a lot of entrance to the sidewalk from the houses their, so
> many stoopd people walking out f it always), so for whatever reason i
> decide to bark real loud at whoever is on the sidewalk. i come
> zooming up to this once couple who were not looking, *ruff! ruff!*
> they just about jumped out of there skin. this one other lady
> practicly had a heart attack she was so scred *RUFF! WOOF!* when i
> look back she is actualy clutcing her chest!
>
> anyway just thught i would share, it was pertty funny!!!

dickhead
post #10 of 346

Re: funny things to do on a bike

"jake jamison" <j_jamison@hotmale.com> wrote in message news:<78umc.6892$8S1.1328@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>...
> this morning on my way to the bus stop i was ridding my bike along the usual
> sidewalk stretch next to this lame housing development, (there is a lot of
> entrance to the sidewalk from the houses their, so many stoopd people walking
> out f it always), so for whatever reason i decide to bark real loud at whoever
> is on the sidewalk. i come zooming up to this once couple who were not looking,
> *ruff! ruff!* they just about jumped out of there skin. this one other lady
> practicly had a heart attack she was so scred *RUFF! WOOF!* when i look back she
> is actualy clutcing her chest!
>
> anyway just thught i would share, it was pertty funny!!!

Excessively humourous.

Now you better run along, the bell is about to ring and you don't want
to be late for another fun afternoon with the other special ed
students.
post #11 of 346

Re: funny things to do on a bike

jake jamison <j_jamison@hotmale.com> wrote:
> this morning on my way to the bus stop i was ridding my bike along
> the usual sidewalk stretch next to this lame housing development,
> (there is a lot of entrance to the sidewalk from the houses their, so
> many stoopd people walking out f it always), so for whatever reason i
> decide to bark real loud at whoever is on the sidewalk. i come
> zooming up to this once couple who were not looking, *ruff! ruff!*
> they just about jumped out of there skin. this one other lady
> practicly had a heart attack she was so scred *RUFF! WOOF!* when i
> look back she is actualy clutcing her chest!
>
> anyway just thught i would share, it was pertty funny!!!

Looks like Li'l Jakie found the password to through the parental controls.
What's next, picking the lock on the liquor cabinet and throwing eggs at old
people? Go away, ya twit.

Tom
post #12 of 346

Re: funny things to do on a bike

ackthpt@concentric.net (Richard Adams) wrote in

> "jake jamison" <j_jamison@hotmale.com> wrote in message
>> this morning on my way to the bus stop i was ridding my bike along
>> the usual sidewalk stretch next to this lame housing development,
>> (there is a lot of entrance to the sidewalk from the houses their, so
>> many stoopd people walking out f it always), so for whatever reason i
>> decide to bark real loud at whoever is on the sidewalk. i come
>> zooming up to this once couple who were not looking, *ruff! ruff!*
>> they just about jumped out of there skin. this one other lady
>> practicly had a heart attack she was so scred *RUFF! WOOF!* when i
>> look back she is actualy clutcing her chest!
>>
>> anyway just thught i would share, it was pertty funny!!!

> Excessively humourous.
>
> Now you better run along, the bell is about to ring and you don't want
> to be late for another fun afternoon with the other special ed
> students.

I guess the short bus a back rack.
post #13 of 346

Re: funny things to do on a bike

>Forsooth, this is truth. The sins of the POBs are /not/ visited
>upon the cyclists.

We're all dogs of the same stripe, and it ain't the gutter, Tom.

As Jon used to say, and I paraphrase, "We're the lucky ones."

"We ought to be gracious to the misguided, generous to those in
trouble, and forgiving to those at fault."

Unfortunately, I am not as nice as Jon.

--

_______________________ALL AMIGA IN MY MIND_______________________
------------------"Buddy Holly, the Texas Elvis"------------------

Re: funny things to do on a bike

Thu, 06 May 2004 23:22:32 -0400, <409B00F8.6DDBC112@erols.com>,
"Eric S. Sande" <esande@erols.com> wrote:

>>Forsooth, this is truth. The sins of the POBs are /not/ visited
>>upon the cyclists.

>We're all dogs of the same stripe, and it ain't the gutter, Tom.

Historically, in North America anyway, cyclists have long been the
butt of many jokes. We've been considered eccentric daredevils from
the start. Cycling was socially acceptable among the monied
trend-setters only during the very brief period when bicycles were
cutting edge technology.

>As Jon used to say, and I paraphrase, "We're the lucky ones."

We wanted to fly and then reshaped the world when we did.
We're the chosen ones! Bikes rule.

>"We ought to be gracious to the misguided, generous to those in
>trouble, and forgiving to those at fault."

I think he used to also quote Murphy: "Do not ascribe to maliciousness
what can be ascribed to incompetence, ignorance, and insensibility."

>Unfortunately, I am not as nice as Jon.

Unfortunate for whom?
--
zk
post #15 of 346

Re: funny things to do on a bike

Thu, 6 May 2004 20:01:28 -0700, <86ue7c.rd3.ln@bud.garden.local>,
tomk2003@hotmail.com (Tom Keats) wrote:

>> Cyclists are traditionally considered scum by the worthless dull
>> witted masses of unwashed heathen plebes. His antics didn't
>> significantly change anyone's opinion of cyclists as a group.

>Forsooth, this is truth. The sins of the POBs are /not/ visited
>upon the cyclists.
>
>Bike-haters were just born that way.

The stereotypes and prejudices are built into the car-centric culture,
language and infrastructure. It's reinforced by restrictive
legislation and redneck radio. Few drivers envy us even when we're
scooping them. Instead they resent us and so blame us for their
impotence in gridlock. We threaten their paradigm.

We see all different types of drivers but only have memorable dealings
with the too frequent idiots (because we're looking out for 'em) and
the too rare Samaritan. The rest of them just flow by as traffic.

It's the same with us. We're invisible to most drivers.
--
zk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: