or Connect
Cycling Forums › Forums › Bikes › Road Cycling › Re: published helmet research - not troll
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Re: published helmet research - not troll - Page 84

post #1246 of 1258
Thread Starter 

Re: Troll, not published helmet research

Bill Z. wrote:

> Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@mousepotato.com> writes:
>
>>
>>If you think the shape of a typical bike helmet allows the airflow to
>>smoothly converge behind the helmet, you must know very, very little
>>about practical aerodynamics.

>
>
> It has to reduce drag relative to a completely symmetric helmet, and
> not by very much. BTW, it is well known that you will speed up if
> someone is drafting you - you'll put out more effort than the person
> behind but you'll still go faster than if you were riding alone.
> Filling in the are behind the cyclist (or behind the head) helps.


:-)

Yes, you've just proven conclusively how little you know about practical
aerodynamics.

Carry on, Bill. You're fun to watch!

--
--------------------+
Frank Krygowski [To reply, remove rodent and vegetable dot com,
replace with cc.ysu dot edu]
post #1247 of 1258

Re: Troll, not published helmet research

Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@mousepotato.com> writes:

> Bill Z. wrote:
>
> > Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@mousepotato.com> writes:
> >
> >>
> >>If you think the shape of a typical bike helmet allows the airflow to
> >>smoothly converge behind the helmet, you must know very, very little
> >>about practical aerodynamics.

> > It has to reduce drag relative to a completely symmetric helmet, and
> > not by very much. BTW, it is well known that you will speed up if
> > someone is drafting you - you'll put out more effort than the person
> > behind but you'll still go faster than if you were riding alone.
> > Filling in the are behind the cyclist (or behind the head) helps.

>
> Yes, you've just proven conclusively how little you know about
> practical aerodynamics.


As opposed to the real thing, I presume. BTW, you might read
_Bicycle Science_ for a short introduction.

> Carry on, Bill. You're fun to watch!


You've proven once again that you'll resort to mindless rhetoric,
which seems to be all you are capable of. Where you perchance fool
enough to vote for Bush?

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB
post #1248 of 1258

Re: Troll, not published helmet research

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Z.
....You've proven once again that you'll resort to mindless rhetoric,
which seems to be all you are capable of. Where you perchance fool
enough to vote for Bush?

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB
Hey Zilly boy billy - obviously you are (perchance) fool enough to try and switch the topic onto some irrelevant sidetrack i.e. politics.

More fool you (not that you'll ever be capable of recognising that sad and sorry fact).

Question - if the real Bill Zaumen is a backwards boy what does that make him - a yob ylliB ?
post #1249 of 1258

Re: Troll, not published helmet research

"Bill Z." <nobody@nospam.pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:m3r7nsajn8.fsf@nospam.pacbell.net...
> Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@mousepotato.com> writes:
>
>> Bill Z. wrote:
>> > A V1 Pro has vents. Mine does too, plus having a more aerodyanmic
>> > shape.

>>
>> I know of no ordinary, off-the-shelf helmet that's been shown to have
>> a "more aerodynamic shape" than a V1 Pro, and I'm sure I've got more
>> experience measuring aerodynamic drag than you have.

>
> THen you haven't looked very hard. A V1 Pro was first sold in 1983.
> See <http://www.bellbikehelmets.com/main/about/timeline.html>, which
> BTW has a picture of it. Modern helmets have an assymetric design,
> which fills in the area behind the head. A Bell V1 Pro is
> symmetric or very close - not at all "teardrop" shaped.


Let me guess - you have one of those genetic diseases that cause you to
forget anything before the last posting?

It is humorous though to watch someone as ignorant as yourself tell us that
you can determine areodynamics by having some crude ideas gotten by magazine
articles on the subject but those with actual wind tunnel experience in the
speed regimes pertinent have to somehow have published papers on precisely
the helmet that you're wearing before their opinions are valid. And of
course you won't actually SAY what your helmet is.

Is it true that you say "wascuwy wabbit"?

> Typical of Krygowski's dishonesty - the particular helmet I have is
> a standard design with nothing particularly unique about it, so it
> is not relevant to the discussion.


You're the one claiming that your helmet somehow is more aerodynamic than a
Bell X1 Pro. We're the one's laughing in your face since you don't have a
clue what you're talking about. "Teardrop" shaped indeed!

You real name backwards is "tihs pid"
post #1250 of 1258

Re: Troll, not published helmet research

"Bill Z." <nobody@nospam.pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:m3k6tjh5c7.fsf@nospam.pacbell.net...
> Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@mousepotato.com> writes:
>>
>> If you think the shape of a typical bike helmet allows the airflow to
>> smoothly converge behind the helmet, you must know very, very little
>> about practical aerodynamics.

>
> It has to reduce drag relative to a completely symmetric helmet, and
> not by very much.


Bill, you really are a nutcase aren't you? You haven't even a rudimentary
understanding of linear flow aerodynamics and every word from your brain
makes that more apparent.

>> If you say _your_ helmet causes less drag than a bare head, I think
>> it's relevant to ask what helmet you're talking about!
>>

>
> No it isn't.


Yes it is.

Your real name backwards is "ssakcaJ"
post #1251 of 1258

Re: Troll, not published helmet research

"Bill Z." <nobody@nospam.pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:m33c079zqz.fsf@nospam.pacbell.net...
> Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@mousepotato.com> writes:
>> Yes, you've just proven conclusively how little you know about
>> practical aerodynamics.

>
> As opposed to the real thing, I presume. BTW, you might read
> _Bicycle Science_ for a short introduction.


Yeah, if there's one comprehensive handbook on aerodynamics it's without a
doubt Bicycle Science.

>> Carry on, Bill. You're fun to watch!

>
> You've proven once again that you'll resort to mindless rhetoric,
> which seems to be all you are capable of. Where you perchance fool
> enough to vote for Bush?


Your real name backwards: yoB samaM
post #1252 of 1258

Re: Troll, not published helmet research

Tom Kunich wrote:

> Your real name backwards: yoB samaM


God help me that was funny.

Bill "longer thread than Zaumie's psych file" S.
post #1253 of 1258

Re: Troll, not published helmet research

"Bill Z." <nobody@nospam.pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:m3mzygaj2i.fsf@nospam.pacbell.net...
>
> Given the number of careers you've claimed to have, Tommy, I really
> don't believe you.


Why that just devastates me Bill. But then again, I'm not frightened to
death that other's might find out who I am that I am shaking with fear that
someone else might so much as discover what sort of HELMET I wear!

> Perhaps you'd care to explain Section 21212(c) of the California
> Vehicle Code which says, "No person shall sell, or offer for sale, for
> use by an operator or passenger of a bicycle, nonmotorized scooter,
> skateboard, or in-line or roller skates any safety helmet which is not
> of a type meeting requirements established by this section." That
> section refers to standards set by the ASTM or the U.S. CPSC. Both
> supercede the ANSI standard which expired in 1994. If you check
> <http://www.bhsi.org/stdcomp.htm>, you'll find that "In May, 1995, the
> ANSI Z90.4 committee voted to adopt the ASTM standard as its own to
> replace the 1984 version, reflecting the movement of active standards
> development to ASTM." <http://www.bhsi.org/cpscfinl.htm> has the CPSC
> standard.


What is there about the term - "self certified" that you don't understand?

Your name backwards is pmulpmuL ylliW
post #1254 of 1258

Re: Troll, not published helmet research

"Bill Z." <nobody@nospam.pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:m3vfd4ak18.fsf@nospam.pacbell.net...
>
> Well, Steve, it is interesting that you are blaming me when these other
> guys are posting nothing but a string of baseless personal attacks.


Why don't you call him a liar while you're at it?

Your name backswards is rotalleF doohrobhgieN
post #1255 of 1258

Re: Troll, not published helmet research

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo.com> writes:

> "Bill Z." <nobody@nospam.pacbell.net> wrote in message
> news:m3r7nsajn8.fsf@nospam.pacbell.net...
> > Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@mousepotato.com> writes:
> >
> >> Bill Z. wrote:
> >> > A V1 Pro has vents. Mine does too, plus having a more aerodyanmic
> >> > shape.

> > THen you haven't looked very hard. A V1 Pro was first sold in 1983.
> > See <http://www.bellbikehelmets.com/main/about/timeline.html>, which
> > BTW has a picture of it. Modern helmets have an assymetric design,
> > which fills in the area behind the head. A Bell V1 Pro is
> > symmetric or very close - not at all "teardrop" shaped.

>
> Let me guess - you have one of those genetic diseases that cause you to
> forget anything before the last posting?


Let me guess. You are still acting like a child and trying to hide the
fact that the picture discredits your claims.

> It is humorous though to watch someone as ignorant as yourself tell us that
> you can determine areodynamics by having some crude ideas gotten by magazine
> articles on the subject but those with actual wind tunnel experience in the
> speed regimes pertinent have to somehow have published papers on precisely
> the helmet that you're wearing before their opinions are valid. And of
> course you won't actually SAY what your helmet is.


Previously you've claimed to be an electronics something or other, a
professional writer, and Lord knows what else. Interestingly, you
always seem to claim to have the precise skill set to match what you
are ranting about at the moment. Sorry Tommy, I'm not impressed, and
won't believe you without proof, particularly after all your lies on
various topics. And besids, your've never said exactly what your
alledged "wind tunnel experience" is (but I do recall something about
10 hours, which isn't a lot.) Did you solve the Navier Stokes
Equation or merely fill some canister with oil?

> You're the one claiming that your helmet somehow is more aerodynamic than a
> Bell X1 Pro. We're the one's laughing in your face since you don't have a
> clue what you're talking about. "Teardrop" shaped indeed!
>
> You real name backwards is "tihs pid"


Back to your junior high school locker room?

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB
post #1256 of 1258

Re: Troll, not published helmet research

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo.com> writes:

> "Bill Z." <nobody@nospam.pacbell.net> wrote in message
> news:m3k6tjh5c7.fsf@nospam.pacbell.net...
> > Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@mousepotato.com> writes:
> >>
> >> If you think the shape of a typical bike helmet allows the airflow to
> >> smoothly converge behind the helmet, you must know very, very little
> >> about practical aerodynamics.

> >
> > It has to reduce drag relative to a completely symmetric helmet, and
> > not by very much.

>
> Bill, you really are a nutcase aren't you? You haven't even a rudimentary
> understanding of linear flow aerodynamics and every word from your brain
> makes that more apparent.


The term you probably want is "laminar flow". Your confusion is yet more
proof that you really don't have a clue. And your continued bad manners
is just another indication of your pathetic abusive personality.

I'll treat you as I did Guy and flush the rest of your messages from
today. Come back when you can act like an adult.

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB
post #1257 of 1258

Re: Troll, not published helmet research

"B i l l S o r n s o n" <sorni@bite-me.san.rr.com> wrote in message
news:njled.23502$Kl3.10794@twister.socal.rr.com...
> Tom Kunich wrote:
>
>> Your real name backwards: yoB samaM

>
> God help me that was funny.
>
> Bill "longer thread than Zaumie's psych file" S.


Sorry about that Bill. Zaumen has reached the penacular heights of
foolishness and I just HAVE to see how far he will take it.
post #1258 of 1258

Re: Troll, not published helmet research

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo.com> writes:

> "B i l l S o r n s o n" <sorni@bite-me.san.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:njled.23502$Kl3.10794@twister.socal.rr.com...
> > Tom Kunich wrote:
> >
> >> Your real name backwards: yoB samaM

> >
> > God help me that was funny.
> >
> > Bill "longer thread than Zaumie's psych file" S.

>
> Sorry about that Bill. Zaumen has reached the penacular heights of
> foolishness and I just HAVE to see how far he will take it.


Are both of you little boys having fun in your crib? What a bunch
of mindless infants the lot of you are!


--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Road Cycling
Cycling Forums › Forums › Bikes › Road Cycling › Re: published helmet research - not troll