Team Miyata framset valuation

Boyd Speerschneider <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Chuck Liu" <[email protected]> wrote in news:gTlJa.59271$hz1.136256 @sccrnsc01:
>
> > How would you value a new 1996 Team Miyata frameset?
>
> On eBay with a ridiculously high reserve price.

I can't find the eBay Miyata Team so I don't know is it cr-mo steel or AL. since I am not an expert
of late Miyata's but if it is steel, no more than $200. AL: ~$100. I think their glory years are
80's? The steel frames are heavy by Columbus SL standards but are well made. I almost got one but
not in my size.

"Richard Chan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Boyd Speerschneider <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Chuck Liu" <[email protected]> wrote in news:gTlJa.59271$hz1.136256 @sccrnsc01:
> >
> > > How would you value a new 1996 Team Miyata frameset?
> >
> > On eBay with a ridiculously high reserve price.
>
> I can't find the eBay Miyata Team so I don't know is it cr-mo steel or AL. since I am not an
> expert of late Miyata's but if it is steel, no more than $200. AL: ~$100. I think their glory
> years are 80's? The steel frames are heavy by Columbus SL standards but are well made. I almost
> got one but not in my size.

Actually there were 2 *steel* Team Miyatas sold on ebay (under completed items). One sold for a
little over $150, the other around $225...