shrimp

MJ

Guest
Just bought some shrimp that the supermarket had on sale...was just
wondering if anyone had any good recipes for them..they are medium sized.
Looking for some new ideas.
Thanks
MJ

MJ wrote:
> Just bought some shrimp that the supermarket had on sale...was just
> wondering if anyone had any good recipes for them..they are medium
> sized. Looking for some new ideas.
> Thanks
> MJ

Bread them with Panko crumbs and shredded coconut, deep fry and serve with a
spicy sweet Thai chili sauce. - But that's just what I'd do. :~)

kili

MJ wrote:

> Just bought some shrimp that the supermarket had on sale...was just
> wondering if anyone had any good recipes for them..they are medium sized.
> Looking for some new ideas.
> Thanks

Shell them and marinate them for about 10 minutes in one tsp. salt and one
tsp. sesame oil. Heat up a wok, add some oil and toss in a good tablespoon
each of finely chopped garlic and ginger root. Stir once, add shrimp. Stir
for about one minute, and add a chopped a green onion.

As an appetizer ...

Peel and devein the shrimp

Make a mixture of horseradish, cream cheese and sour cream that's pretty
thick (how's 'bout that for a recipe!). So, more cream cheese than sour
cream and horseradish (I use freshly ground) to taste.

Put a water chestnut in the circular part of the shrimp, wrap with half a
bacon slice and secure with a toothpick. Do this as many times as you want!

Fry the shrimp/chestnut/bacon things in butter until the bacon is cooked on
both sides. Place on a cookie sheet and place a dollop of the horseradish
mixture on top.

Heat under a broiler until the horseradish mixture begins to brown.

Serve hot/warm.

Love these things!

Bob

>MJ wrote:
>> Just bought some shrimp that the supermarket had on sale...was just
>> wondering if anyone had any good recipes for them..they are medium
>> sized. Looking for some new ideas.
>> Thanks
>> MJ

To a pot of boiling water , add some shrimp boil,(or salt, pepper and
lemon juice) add shrimp until they turn pink. Plunge into ice water to
stop the cooking. Eat, enjoy the flavor of the shrimp.
Sometimes simple it the best.

Pan Ohco

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.
Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a
Book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching.
--Assyrian stone tablet, c. 2800 B.C.

Pan Ohco wrote:

> To a pot of boiling water , add some shrimp boil,(or salt, pepper and
> lemon juice) add shrimp until they turn pink. Plunge into ice water to
> stop the cooking. Eat, enjoy the flavor of the shrimp.
> Sometimes simple it the best.
>

> Pan Ohco

Yes, shrimp has a lot of flavor all on its own. We sometimes omit the
ice water bath and enjoy them hot.