Training Week Ending January 30, 2005

S: DNS/R
M: 120 min spincycle
T: DNS/R
W: DNS/R
Th: 60 min spincycle; 30 stairmaster; 3 mile run
F: 90 min spincycle
S: 90 min spincycle; 3 mile run; 20 min elliptical

Goals: Breathe without difficulty. Hold head up.
_______
Blog, or dog? Who knows.
But if you see my lost pup, please ping me!
http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo

>S: DNS/R
>M: 120 min spincycle
>T: DNS/R
>W: DNS/R
>Th: 60 min spincycle; 30 stairmaster; 3 mile run
>F: 90 min spincycle
>S: 90 min spincycle; 3 mile run; 20 min elliptical

Gee, looks like she's scared to go far from home, or run in public. Hmm, must
be because she's made so many friends...

sunday = off
m-11 miles
t- 12 miles
w-off
th-14 miles
f-12 miles
s- 24 miles
total for week 74 miles
total for year 311 miles
6 weeks÷311= 52 miles a week
7 days÷52= 7.3 miles a day.
probes with bikes:
back derailer thru back wheels. seems to want to lift up and turn into
and up into the sprockets.
snow and roads sand dirt snow mix into clumps from cars riding over.
and ice snow hard slick surfaces.
little rocks must lock up chain in back derailer and lifts it up. black
powder pebble mix to fix bad holes in dirt roads maybe.....click click
click all the time now.
need to fixs. cable still frozen on Mt bike.

riding for 10¢ cans to live.
p.s. eating better ,just broke.
116 weeks no job or unemployment or anything.

or contact.
e-mail. [email protected]

SwStudio wrote:

> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
> week and goals.

goals: patience. Upcoming races: 15K Feb 5; 10K Feb 19; 5K Feb 26; marathon
April 18.

M: AM 6mi (9:31) / PM 25min stairstepper (2.74mi), 25min elliptical (3mi)
T: 7mi incl 15x300 (3 sets of 5, 100 rest between items, 500 rest between
sets). goal 1:10, actual 1:10.5, kicked my ass.
W: 6mi (9:23)
R: AM 8mi (8:28) incl 3xmile hard / PM 30min stairstepper (3.35mi), 30min
elliptical (3.36mi)
F: AM 6mi (9:19) / PM 30min stairstepper (3.35mi)
Sa: 5mi (9:32), trashed from Thursday
Su: 17mi (8:09)

total: 55mi running, 6.4mi elliptical, 9.4mi stairstepper

--
live! vicariously!

Recovering from tibial stress fracture.

Highest mileage since the injury. Definitely done too much this week and I
think I've put the healing process back a week. Next week should be less
intense.

Feeling very fit again - flying in the efforts on Tuesday and my longer runs
(10 miles+) are down to around 6:30-6:40/mile pace @ ~145bpm (easyish
effort), which is about where I was at my peak before the injury.

Might do a 5k race next Friday evening to see exactly where I am in terms of
fitness.

Monday:
pm) Mountain Bike, 0:56, hilly

Tuesday:
Cycled to work and back (4 mile round trip).
pm) 7 miles in total, 7 x ~800m w/1min jog rec - hard
(averaged 8 seconds/effort faster than last week)

Wednesday:
am) 5.75 miles - easy
pm) 10.63 miles - easy/medium

Thursday:
pm) 10.7 miles - easy/medium

Friday:
pm) 10.63 miles - easy/medium

Saturday:
pm) Mountain Bike, 2:18

Sunday:
pm) 12.75 miles - medium

Total run: 57.5 miles
Total Bike: 42.85 miles

--
Brian Wakem

[email protected] wrote:

> 98

I presume this is 7 x 14? Don't you ever feel like doing a 16 one day a
week so you can say you've done 100 miles?

--
Brian Wakem

m- 11 miles
t-12 miles
w-off
th-14 miles
f-13 miles
s-24 miles
sun -28 miles
total for week=102 miles
total for year=339 miles
30÷339=10.4 miles a day
bike probes:
oil was probe on chain and wheels on back derailer.
a frozen beer found in snow. at mile 4 to 5... put in sleeve under
sweats arm. drank half at mile 16. sweater and poly jacket.
drank 1/4 at mile 25.
finish uni freeze at mile 28.....

pickng up 10¢ cans to live.
eats at store. backpack.
116 weeks no job or unemplyment or anything....... lunch bath time.

or contact.
e-mail. [email protected]

mon: off
tues: 0:44 ran hills, hr 140
wed: 0:40 bike trainer, hr 138
thur: 1:01 ran, hr 151
fri: 0:46 biked hills, hr 142
0:20 ran, hr 142
sat: 0:30 walk treadmill
sun: 0:50 ran snowy trail, hr 149
0:30 ran roads, hr 153

Goals: lose weight; build consistency running: 5x/wk by March, 6x/wk by May.
30k and 50m trail races Summer and Fall.

-Tony

SwStudio wrote:
> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
> week and goals.

Mon: mod run 6.5 miles @ 7:28 pace
Tue: club run 2x4min intervals + jog 6 miles. Had to abort an interval
session due to groin strain.
Wed: easy run 7.8 miles @ 9:14
Thu: easy run 6.5 miles @ 8:28
Fri: easy run 9.7 miles @ 8:27
Sat: dnr
Sun lsd 13.5 miles @ 7:47 + swim 1km

Total miles = 50

I was feeling pretty good at the beginning of the week after last weekends
25 miler. However a rather rash attempt at some speed work on Tuesday
resulted in a flaring up of a ****ling adductor injury. Fortunately easy
running didn't seem to bother it at all so I've just spent the week clocking
up easy miles.

5K club time trial on Tuesday night which should be interesting.

Tim

On 2005-01-29, SwStudio <[email protected]> wrote:
> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
> week and goals.

Goals

Feb : indoor track. Sub 4:50 in the mile. Might try 3k again
for low sub 9:40s.
Apr-May: 10k road races

M 6/4.8
T 7 3xmile with snow on the ground 5:36/5:24/5:24
W 6/6
T 4.8/3
indoor meet 5:06 mile (for fun), 3k in a little under 9:50
F 7.6
S 16 easy
S 10 including a few tempo pace intervals.

3k went OK, though maybe doing that mile before the race didn't help.
Still, it's quite a long way under 10, so I'm happy with it.

total: back over 70!

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

Goals: London Marathon April 17 - Sub-3 and beyond.
Other races on the way: 10.5k cross-country Feb 25.
March 18 - 10k

Mon: 12k on grass. Easy except for nasty encounter with dog.
30' bike.
Tue: 16k at track.
4.5k warmup,
5k med-fast on grass, 4' jog.
4k of fast diagonals(~150m) with recoveries.
2k down. 20' bike.
Wed: 7k easy on grass. 30' bike.
Thu: 20' bike.
Fri: 33.5k (21 miles) long on trail. Warm January day (sorry Lance)
19C (66F). Progressing from easy pace (5:30/k, 8:45/m) at 125HR
to 4:30/k ( 7:10/m) at 153HR.
40' bike home after - almost all uphill, some mud, rocks, fun...
Sat: 11.5k v. easy recovery on roads.
Sun: 17.5k on grass.
7k easy to MP - 20% (5:00/k, 8:00/m) HR 120
5k -20% to -10% (4:35/k, 7:20/m) HR 130
3k at MP - 10% HR 136
2.5k easy. Bike 30'

Total: 97.5km (61 miles).

Anthony. Jerusalem, Israel.

SwStudio wrote:
> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
> week and goals.
>

> cheers,
> --
> David (in Hamilton, ON)
> www.allfalldown.org
> www.absolutelyaccurate.com

Goals: Whidbey marathon, April 10; under 3:40

M: 8 mi, including 4xhill
Tu: 8.5 mi in 68:30
W: 6 easy
Th: 8 mi
F: 17.4 mi at 8:58/mi
S: DNR, climb
Su: DNR, climb

ilona

Training week
off week chest cold most of week
monday am 4 miles snowshoe running
pm 8 miles snowshoe running
tuesday 5 miles 35:47 legs very sore
wednesday - friday sick
saturday 10 miles 1:17:01 no energy haven't had an appetite all week
still sick
sunday am 8.5 miles 1:03:14 feel good
pm 4 miles easy

39.5 miles
Hyannis marathon 4 weeks away need to do 1 more 20+mile run this
saturday hopefully
happy training,
Scott

M: off
Tu: 40 min, stationary bike, hard
W: 7 mi, hard, hills
Th: biked to work, easy (1 hr, 45 min)
F: off
Sa: 20.5 mi (6:36/mi)
Su: 40 min, stationary bike, hard

total = 27.5 mi

goals: Charlottesville marathon Apr 16 (2:45)

This was week 4 of 15 in my buildup to the marathon. Very encouraging
result on the long run! After posting my question last week, I decided
to add more hills to the long run course to better prepare for the
hills of Charlottesville. I may fine-tune a little more if and when I
get a chance to drive down and see the course first-hand.

This is the first time I have gone out on a limb and said 2:45 for a
goal. That's 4+ min off last year's time (my first), and on a harder
course. I hope my Forerunner is accurate on distance, because these
long runs are my main sanity check on the goal.

-Tom

blizzard last weekend and 8-10 more inches wednesday. some running
routes were different and there was some slow running on packed, uneaven
sections.

m dnr.
t 6.5mi hilly, snowpack...70min.
w shoveling, 60min.
r shoveling 30min and 3.51miles treadmill, 30min. started off about
9mpm for 12min and tried to catch up to 8:34 with a few "intervals" to
8mpm.
f 5mi hilly, snowpack...56:06.
s dnr.
s dnr.

ilona wrote in message

>Goals: Whidbey marathon, April 10; under 3:40
>
>M: 8 mi, including 4xhill
>Tu: 8.5 mi in 68:30
>W: 6 easy
>Th: 8 mi
>F: 17.4 mi at 8:58/mi
>S: DNR, climb
>Su: DNR, climb
>
>ilona

What kind of climbs?

-T

SwStudio wrote:
> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
> week and goals.
>

> cheers,
> --
> David (in Hamilton, ON)
> www.allfalldown.org
> www.absolutelyaccurate.com

Mon DNR
Tues 1.5k swim
Wed 3 mile run
Thur 1.5k swim
Fri 4 mile run
Sat 1.5k swim
Sun 6 mile run

Total: 13 miles running, 4.5k swimming

I have had an extremely bumpy fall and winter so far, including an
unnecessary knee scope (some might remember my ortho thought it was a
meniscal tear, then a chondral thing, then reactive arthritis etc), and
an ultimate diagnosis of psoriatic arthritis. I don't know if anyone is
familiar with PA, but I seem to have a pretty mild case, mostly causing
pain and swelling one knee, stiffness in a couple of fingers and also
plantar fasciitis.

I started a couple of different meds that have really started to work
nicely (a DMARD and an NSAID), and I am now able to really start to get
back into it again--carefully. I am ramping up slowly, working very
hard to maintain my quad, ham, and calf tone. My rheumatologist is
totally supportive of my running, and it actually seems to keep the
pain and stiffness at bay.

Goals:
Stay healthy.
10k President's Day weekend.