Hot food server?

Smurfsdad

Guest
My aging Father is finding it harder to cook for himself. I live a few
blocks away and take him meals sometimes. I'd like to find something handy
to take his meals in. Anyone know of any kind of sectioned tray or dish with
a cover that could be used to transport meals and eat off of also?
Thanks for any suggestions...
Jerry

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 23:04:16 -0600, "Smurfsdad" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>My aging Father is finding it harder to cook for himself. I live a few
>blocks away and take him meals sometimes. I'd like to find something handy
>to take his meals in. Anyone know of any kind of sectioned tray or dish with
>a cover that could be used to transport meals and eat off of also?

Maybe you could contact your local Meals on Wheels and ask how they do it?

Carol

"Smurfsdad" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> My aging Father is finding it harder to cook for himself. I live a few
> blocks away and take him meals sometimes. I'd like to find something handy
> to take his meals in. Anyone know of any kind of sectioned tray or dish
> with
> a cover that could be used to transport meals and eat off of also?
> Thanks for any suggestions...
> Jerry

How fancy do you want to get? IIRC, Tupperware makes a sectioned platter
with a snap on cover. Has a vent for when you reheat in the microwave.

Glad has smaller containers with two sections and a lid. I use them for
lunches.

Thanks Damsel and Edwin. Appreciate the suggestions.
Jerry

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> "Smurfsdad" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>My aging Father is finding it harder to cook for himself. I live a few
>>blocks away and take him meals sometimes. I'd like to find something handy
>>to take his meals in. Anyone know of any kind of sectioned tray or dish
>>with
>>a cover that could be used to transport meals and eat off of also?
>> Thanks for any suggestions...
>> Jerry

> How fancy do you want to get? IIRC, Tupperware makes a sectioned platter
> with a snap on cover. Has a vent for when you reheat in the microwave.
>
> Glad has smaller containers with two sections and a lid. I use them for
> lunches.

Geeze Jerry. Ya got me all excited with the subject! I thought it was
gonna be pic of Cathrine Bell or someone in a french maid uniform! ;-)

The two above are good ones. You may also want to consider checking
out a resteraunt supply house if you have one locally and see what
they have.

--
Steve

Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little
bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards...

Damsel wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 23:04:16 -0600, "Smurfsdad" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> My aging Father is finding it harder to cook for himself. I live a
>> few blocks away and take him meals sometimes. I'd like to find
>> something handy to take his meals in. Anyone know of any kind of
>> sectioned tray or dish with a cover that could be used to transport
>> meals and eat off of also?

> Maybe you could contact your local Meals on Wheels and ask how they
> do it?
>
> Carol

Dams, I have a neighbor who gets Meals on Wheels delivered and it's all
frozen TV dinner style now! Nothing comes hot! It's all in black plastic
separated containers, shrink wrapped - just like any Healthy Choice frozen
entree. Nuke it and it's dinner.

kili

wrote:

>My aging Father is finding it harder to cook for himself. I live a few
>blocks away and take him meals sometimes. I'd like to find something handy
>to take his meals in. Anyone know of any kind of sectioned tray or dish with
>a cover that could be used to transport meals and eat off of also?
> Thanks for any suggestions...
> Jerry

Haven't got one, but i've heard good things about these Pyrex Portable
sets. Good picture at:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/flyyourflag/covico42pypo.html

I think you can pretty well buy them anywhere you buy Pyrex or
Corningware products.