NYC Marathon Accepting Applications for '05

http://www.ingnycmarathon.org/entrantinfo/applyfor2005.html

Just wanna let you good folks know the NY Marathon application process
started today...you have up until June 1 to reg. on line in seeking a
lottery entry.

and this year lets have some ng people from across the pond in the
race...Anders?....Tim? What have you got to lose? Worse case
scenario you can sell your entry slot on Ebay for 4-5 times what you
paid....a lot of people did that last year. I wish I had a line on an
investment with returns like that!

[email protected] wrote:

>What have you got to lose?

If we accept US visiting requirements under the new laws, we have to
allow an RFID tag to be implanted in our skulls, a bar code to be
tatooed on our necks and a remote-controlled explosive device to be
attached to our testicles. It all seems a bit too much, even for the
undeniable pleasure of running the NYC marathon.

That's for all entrants, not just international visitors, and has nothing to do
with security. It's how they handle the Championship Chip process at NYRR. A
nuisance at first, but we've learned to live with it.

"steve common" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:
>
>>What have you got to lose?

> If we accept US visiting requirements under the new laws, we have to
> allow an RFID tag to be implanted in our skulls, a bar code to be
> tatooed on our necks and a remote-controlled explosive device to be
> attached to our testicles. It all seems a bit too much, even for the
> undeniable pleasure of running the NYC marathon.

and what, exactly, do you have to hide that makes this all a problem for
you? we're fighting terror here my friends. people that have done nothing
have nothing to fear. these people have nukular weapons and we just can't
take the risk.

>we're fighting terror here my friends.

No moron, we're fighting the delusions of grandeur of a chimpanzee. There is no
"war on terror", only a sad, pathetic little madman, who is really nothing but
a cowardly murderer.

>these people have nukular weapons and we just can't
>take the risk.

Who is "these people"? They don't have nukes you idiot.

"FabulustRunner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >we're fighting terror here my friends.

> No moron, we're fighting the delusions of grandeur of a chimpanzee. There
> is no
> "war on terror", only a sad, pathetic little madman, who is really nothing
> but
> a cowardly murderer.

cowardly? cowardly? you think it's easy to send 18 year old kids to their
deaths for now tangible reason? that, my friend, is hard. he has visited
these brave "men" at Bethesda Naval Hospital and it is his special sort of
sociopathic behavior that allows him to look them in the eyes and say,
"thanks, bud. now get in line for your welfare"

>>these people have nukular weapons and we just can't
>>take the risk.

> Who is "these people"? They don't have nukes you idiot.

ok, you're on the list. it's my duty as a patrioctic amerikan to forward
your name to the nearest authorities and ensure that you are dealt with
swiftly and with the love you practice across the nation. i am in contact
with virginia and i have asked that she provide a special poem just for you.

>cowardly? cowardly? you think it's easy to send 18 year old kids to their
>deaths for now tangible reason? that, my friend, is hard. he has visited
>these brave "men" at Bethesda Naval Hospital and it is his special sort of
>sociopathic behavior that allows him to look them in the eyes and say,
>"thanks, bud. now get in line for your welfare"

Agreed.

>>>these people have nukular weapons and we just can't
>>>take the risk.

>> Who is "these people"? They don't have nukes you idiot.

>ok, you're on the list. it's my duty as a patrioctic amerikan to forward
>your name to the nearest authorities and ensure that you are dealt with
>swiftly and with the love you practice across the nation. i am in contact
>with virginia and i have asked that she provide a special poem just for you.>

Ha! Too late, several dozen patriotic americans have already turned me in,
multiple times.