Re: Suggestions for Week Three Stall?

Roger Zoul

Guest
Amanda wrote:
:: I think I'm experiencing the week three stall. I've gained and lost
:: the same 1lb since about Jan 22.
::
:: I had a tooth pulled on monday, so I've been eating nothing but
:: broth, jello light and atkins shakes due to this and still no
:: change. My carbs are around 8-9 and I haen't gone over 600 calories
:: the past couple days. I usually have between 1200-1500 calories,
:: once in a while having up to 1700.
::
:: I haven't introduced any new foods and can't identify anything I'm
:: doing differently.
::
:: Should I just tough it out or are there some suggestions?

What do you mean by tough it out? This is the way weight loss works. Give
it time and those several days of low food intake will show up on the scale.

Make sure those shakes don't have sugar alcohols, however. if they do, you
could be getting more carbs than you think, but it won't matter if you
calories are very low.

Bottom line: don't do anything special or different. Get back on solid food
asap adn get your calories back up around 1200. And you might try more
exercise since you didn't even mention that! :)

Amanda wrote:
> Roger Zoul wrote:
>
> > What do you mean by tough it out?

> I meant along the lines of should it be something I should worry

about
> and try to change things, or will it just have its course and be

done?

No. Week 3 pause is completely predictable and a sign
that things are going well. THE way to deal with it is
to still be on your plan of choice in week 5. Whatever
the directions say, do that. Even if it isn't obvious.
Even if you can search through the book and find
permission to do otherwise.

> 285.5/265/120 monthly-goal: 5

Suggestion: Make your monthly goals behavioral. You CAN
control your behavior. Like it or not you can't control
how your body loses on any specific time scale. Rest
assured there hasn't been a dieter in history who liked it.