leg crams and fish

michael

Guest
Hi,

A friend of mine just began a running program. She noticed that she
experiences leg cramps during the run on days when she eats fish. Is there
something in fish that can cause leg cramps? I've been a runner for 28
years and I eat fish regularly. Never a problem. But, it's a repeatable
issue for her.

Michael

"...on days when she eats fish." Did you mean that literally, or are
you cleverly trying to tell us that your friend is a lesbian? I don't
see where either one would cause leg cramps......unless you do it way
too much.

"Miss Anne Thrope" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "...on days when she eats fish." Did you mean that literally, or are
> you cleverly trying to tell us that your friend is a lesbian? I don't
> see where either one would cause leg cramps......unless you do it way
> too much.

i could see where eating too much fish, literally, might lead to mercury
poisoning...as for too much, figuratively, as long as she's not selfish i
dont see where that's a problem at all.

The recommendations for metal poisoning is less than twice
per week for large fish like tuna, swordfish, etc.
Farm grown fish like catfish and some salmon should also
be restricted because of pollutants.
Only twice per month if you are pregnant.

What kind of fish?
I've heard of some people allergic to shrimp, lobster and
other shellfish.
Sometimes an allergy may not manifest itself until you
increase you bodily metabolish 3-4 times during running
or other kinds of exercise.

michael wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A friend of mine just began a running program. She noticed that she
> experiences leg cramps during the run on days when she eats fish.

That's because she's eating the fish with her legs spread.

"Ted" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> michael wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A friend of mine just began a running program. She noticed that she
>> experiences leg cramps during the run on days when she eats fish.

> That's because she's eating the fish with her legs spread.

If she is eating ONLY fish and is extremely lean,
perhaps her muscles are running short on glucose resulting in cramps? Maybe
she needs more calcium and potassium.