Guess who's mentioned in the latest BuyCycling mag!

Karen M.

Guest
Hi all-- August issue has an interesting article about Marin County and its successful efforts to
thwart urban sprawl and development. Discussion of trail access. Top of page 53 lists the major
players in the "anti" camp; "...M--- V-------, who floods Internet newsgroups with angry debates
over trail access..." He might also be characterized here: "On one of my visits, a friend and her
dog came along. She took her pet for a walk, unleashing it on a trail. There was no sign explaining
that dogs needed to be tethered, and my friend's animal wasn't causing trouble. Even so, when a
hiker pointed out the prohibition, my friend apologized profusely, immediately tying up her animal.
It wasn't enough. The hiker followed her up the trail and tormented her with a lecture on
'selfishness' for a full 30 minutes." Read it on a newsstand if you can't stomach the product
endorsements.

--Karen M. gets it free; lifer with LAW/B

"Karen M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi all-- August issue has an interesting article about Marin County and its successful efforts to
> thwart urban sprawl and development. Discussion of trail access. Top of page 53 lists the major
> players in the "anti" camp; "...M--- V-------, who floods Internet newsgroups with angry debates
> over trail access..." He might also be characterized here: "On one of my visits, a friend and her
> dog came along. She took her pet for a walk, unleashing it on a trail. There was no sign
> explaining that dogs needed to be tethered, and my friend's animal wasn't causing trouble. Even
> so, when a hiker pointed out the prohibition, my friend apologized profusely, immediately tying up
> her animal. It wasn't enough. The hiker followed her up the trail and tormented her with a lecture
> on 'selfishness' for a full 30 minutes."

"Your friend" should have smacked him in the mouth with a rock!

Dashii