Micro giraffe (normal height seat)

Tunnelrat81

Guest
So my friend mark and I are going to be doing some group traveling out
of the country in a month or so and were thinking about how cool it
would be to bring a uni's along. Problem is that we both own 24's and
don't have the room to bring them.

As you may have seen on here previously, we have built a giraffe before
out of a bmx bike, but my question today is whether anyone here has
built a micro giraffe out of a tiny "bmx" style bike and just made it
the same height and possibly gearing to resemble a standard 20-24" uni.
That way the wheels would be small enough to pack.

I'd love to hear some feedback or advice. Anyhow, we're probably going
to try and build them anyway, and will let you guys know if and how it
goes....

-Jeremy

--
Tunnelrat81
Tunnelrat81's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8772

i had a wicked dream a few nights ago, with one of these buggers in it.
the sprockets had been replaced and it was geared up to sickening
speeds, i recall riding it and travelling so fast that i could hardly
maintain traction around slick corners. does anyone know if the drive or
maybe axle sprockets could be easily replaced to tweak the gearing
ratio? i'd like one of these if it could be made to go fast. hehe :D

--
recycled - muni d00d
recycled's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8119

ah yes. the mini giraffe. so hard to ride. the seat post extender that
makes it close to normal height for us tall folks makes it easier, but
as is its like riding a uni with the seat 2 feet too low. hilarious
looking though.

--
markf - movie nerd

stuck in iowa and unemployed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

We saw this at UNICON 2002. It was at the Seafair Torchlight Parade and
the guy rode it the entire parade length, all 3½ hours of it.

Bruce

| Attachment filename: smallwheel.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/280359|

yoopers - Bruce & Mary Edwards

Of professional wrestling, Sarah Miller says, "The competition element
is all part of the "plot"..."Its pantomime in lycra."
yoopers's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/31

yoopers wrote:
> *We saw this at UNICON 2002. It was at the Seafair Torchlight Parade
> and the guy rode it the entire parade length, all 3½ hours of it.
>
> Bruce *

That "guy" is Guy Hansen's son Brian. The Hansens have a large
collection of novelty unicycles. Some of you may recall that it's Guy
who is generally credited with creating the first unicycle that used the
Coker tire - and later apparently convinced the Coker tire company to
produce the "Big One".

On a related note Brian recently ebarked on a two-year mission where he
will teach people about his church. Missionaries from the Mormon church
are routinely assigned to serve in nearly all the countries of the
world. Guess where Brian was assigned?

Minneapolis Minnesota. ;-)

So, all you TCUC riders keep a lookout for a trails-ridin', one-wheeled
Mormon missionary.

-mg

--
mgrant - Ever hoping for the best!

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of
breath, and one day closer to death.
michael_j_grant (at) yahoo (dot) com
Gallery: http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/Michael_Grant/
mgrant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/440

Hahaah! Thats so funny to see that picture that Yoopers posted.
Thats me in the red shirt, and my brother on the left. Brian was kind
enough to let me ride the whole Seatle Seafair Parade on the mini.

It was a bummer when his 4 wheeled uni got a flat tire (you can see half
of it on the ground in the same picture). So we ended up taking turns on
the mini.

I'm pretty sure it was geared to a 24" wheel. It was a blast to ride! It
was definitly a highlight for me, aside from the amazing Muni rides, and
riding Harper's uni.5

--
SpeeedyJ - Busta Nut'
SpeeedyJ's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2357