Tire question

Shakkmaster

Guest
My almost-daily trip is 2/3rds road and 1/3 to 1/2 dirt/grass. What kind of tires do I need to
acquire to make my trip easier? And what's with those horrendously narrow, painfully hard MTB seats
on most of the bikes I've ridden on?

What size wheels are you riding on? I will assume your riding a mtb. I prefer a semi-slick. There is
a lot less rolling resistance and plenty of traction in MOST/NOT ALL conditions. Pushing knobbies
when your commuting is a waste--unless you are looking to burn more calories. I ride semi slicks
even when I ride harsh off road with all sorts of technical stuff. All boils down to skill level and
preference.

As far as seats go, personal preference is the rule--within limits. If you are new to a true seat
then give it time. I personally like the Selle Italia Flite. The Terry Buzz-off is also popular.
Them big cushy gel jobs are heavy, not anatomically correct and suck up your energy. Not all seats
are created equally--but the narrowness you describe meets a purpose. Other than looking nasty,
there is true function in the form.

news:[email protected]...