Re: Too Much Red Meat Bad for Long-Term Health

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Guest
Answer: Yes.

Truth is simple for those who discern it...

http://makeashorterlink.com/?A2642108A

You will remain in my prayers, dear Frank, whom I love, in Christ's holy
name.

May you reject your pride and accept Him as your personal Lord and
Savior, someday, so that you too will have eternal life and the
fascinating riches of His everlasting kingdom.

Here's how:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129

Please note that God truly made this special link describing that He is
the great "I am" and that His message is as simple as the number 2 which
is a number between 1 to 9 and reminds us of His 2 commandments, the 2
arms of the cross, the 2nd part of the Trinity, the 2 finger sign of the
Prince of Peace [who remains *V*ictorious over death and satan], and the
2PD Approach. Let it not ever be written that Christ did not make His
presence known here on Usenet :)

Also, note that Exodus 16:16 continues to remind us that 16 oz plus 16
oz makes 2 pounds, which is "a certain measure of weight," which is what
"omer" literally means in Hebrew.

Enter the 2PD-OMER Approach:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp

At His service,

Andrew

--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
Suggested Reading:
(1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?L26062048
(2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?O2F325D1A
(3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
(4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
(5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
(6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
(7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129

listener wrote:

> [...]

> > What an idiotic question. What dept of General Mills do *you* work
> > for?
> >
> > By trashing low-carb they encourage people to continue eating high
> > carb grains. You know bread, ready to eat cereals, cakes, as in:
> >
> > Betty Crocker
> > Big G Cereals
> > Bisquick
> > Bugles
> > Cheerios
> > Chex
> > Fruit Snacks
> > Häagen-Dazs
> > Hamburger Helper
> > Lucky Charms
> > Nature Valley
> > Pillsbury
> > Pop Secret
> > Trix
> > Wheaties
> >
> > All brands of General Mills highly-refined highly-processed
> > sugar-loaded snacks that they sell to your children and mine.
> >
> > http://www.generalmills.com/corporate/brands/index.aspx
> >
> > They benefited by 11 billions in net sales in 2004.
> >
> > http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/irol/74/74271/reports/ar2004_
> > final.pdf
> >
> > They have identified low carb as one of the three major reasons why
> > they didn't make any more billions in 2004:
> >
> > "While our earnings results were good overall,
> > they fell short of our initial expectations for the
> > year due to three principal factors. First, prices
> > for a number of key ingredients increased
> > sharply, and our 2004 commodity costs were
> > much higher than we planned - over $100 million
> > above our 2003 expense. Second, the recent
> > popularity of low-carbohydrate diets slowed
> > sales in several of our major product categories.
> > And third, our Bakeries and Foodservice business
> > fell well short of targeted results in 2004.
> > Net sales for this business segment declined
> > 2 percent to $1.76 billion and operating profits
> > of $132 million were down 15 percent. These
> > results were due in part to the low-carbohydrate
> > trend and higher supply chain costs. But the
> > earnings decline in this segment also reflects
> > disruption caused by our own manufacturing
> > realignment actions and by decisions to eliminate
> > low-margin product lines in a number of
> > categories."
> >
> > That is a direct quote from their 2004 annual report.
> >
> > Here is a table from their annual report:
> >
> > U.S. RETAIL LEADING MARKET POSITIONS
> > Category Category Our Retail Our Dollar
> > Dollars in Millions, Fiscal 2004 Sales Sales Growth Sales Growth Share
> > Rank
> > Ready-to-eat Cereals $7,600 -1% -2% 31% 2
> > Refrigerated Dough 1,580 -1 -3 69 1
> > Dessert Mixes 1,470 3 4 38 1
> > Frozen Baked Goods 900 3 6 21 1
> > Microwave Popcorn 890 2 6 20 2
> > Frozen Hot Snacks 850 4 11 26 2
> > Fruit Snacks 620 4 2 60 1
> >
> > Does this answer your ridiculous question?
> >
> > TC
> >

> Politics aside, I guess the real question is:
>
> Is too much red meat bad for long-term health?

This "scientific study" aka "indirect marketing effort" has been
unravelled at:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?T23E12E8A

TC

****