or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Foot Cramps

post #1 of 4
Hi Fellow Benters,

The arch of my feet cramp up while and after riding. I wear running shoes and use bear trap pedals
(or rat trap or some other animal trap).

I will be getting some Frog pedals soon, and bicycle shoes. Will that likely alleviate my
foot cramps?

FYI, I'm new to benting.

Thanks in advance for your sage advice.

Rob Rudeski Trenton, GA RANS V2
post #2 of 4

Re: Foot Cramps

No night cramps here, just muscle cramps in the arches while I ride.

Rob

"MLB" <mbradbury4@comcast.net> wrote in message

> > Thanks in advance for your sage advice.
> >
> > Rob Rudeski Trenton, GA RANS V2
> >

> Do a google search. I found several pages of foot stretches to do that eliminated my night cramps
> in my toes.
post #3 of 4

Re: Foot Cramps

>I will be getting some Frog pedals soon, and bicycle shoes. Will that likely
alleviate my foot cramps?>>

I'm not familiar with the Frog pedals, but a stiff-soled cycling shoe should be of considerable
help. Running shoes flex, which is good for running, but bad for cycling.

Norm
post #4 of 4

Re: Foot Cramps

I have had this problem on occasion while riding my Stratus. I talked to my Podiatrist (sp) about
this recently and he said it can be caused by the seat being too far away from the pedals. He said
this causes you to "reach" and extend the ball of the foot to far to keep contact when the stroke is
furthest forward and that extra extension is the problem. I don't know if this is good info or not,
just thought I would throw it out there.

Strat

"Rob Rudeski" <rob@rudeski.com> wrote in message news:<rp5ga.53$qi7.2970@eagle.america.net>...
> Hi Fellow Benters,
>
> The arch of my feet cramp up while and after riding. I wear running shoes and use bear trap pedals
> (or rat trap or some other animal trap).
>
> I will be getting some Frog pedals soon, and bicycle shoes. Will that likely alleviate my
> foot cramps?
>
> FYI, I'm new to benting.
>
> Thanks in advance for your sage advice.
>
> Rob Rudeski Trenton, GA RANS V2