Re: Schmaltz in Chopped Liver

Sheldon

Guest
Wayne Boatwright says:
Andy Katz wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> There's talk of doing a chopped liver as the salad special
> down at the homstead. Figure about 100 4oz salads. I said, no prob,
> I'll make it as good as 2nd Ave's.

> First, can anyone post or link to 2nd Ave's recipe? I know
> it's been published, and, if memory serves, it doesn't use hard

boiled
> eggs or schmaltz. It also uses equal parts chicken & calves's livers.

> I wonder if readers feel schmaltz is really important for
> chopped liver, and are there are other ingredients that really make

it
> happen.

> TIA

> Andy Katz

You're right, reportedly, 2nd Ave's recipe does not include hard boiled

eggs or schmaltz
D'Wayne B.

Wrong! In my copy the recipe is on page 3... contains hard eggs (lots)
and schmaltz too (but not a lot). I really don't feel like typing.

Sheldon

But yer in luck... amazon.com offers the recipe for free.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/037550267X/ref=sib_dp_pt/102-5180978-6596901#reader-page