D-Day for Tyler?

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Isn't Tyler's CAS ruling expected on 3/12??

I found this in another forum. I don't know the source, but I'd presume
it's Tyler's website. According to this, things will be lingering
indefinately:

Hearing Update

Thanks for the notes and support during Tyler's hearing.

The hearing officially took place in Denver between Sunday, February 27 and
Wednesday, March 2. And although testimony is complete, the hearing is not
officially "closed". The panel of three arbitrators have decided to keep the
proceedings open. We are not entirely sure why, but apparently this can
happen. A decision will be due ten days from the date the case officially
closes. We will keep you posted.

Tyler and Haven are optimistic. Tyler is back on his bike training.

--
Bob C.

"Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)

psycholist wrote:
> "The hearing officially took place in Denver between Sunday, February 27 and
> Wednesday, March 2. And although testimony is complete, the hearing is not
> officially "closed". The panel of three arbitrators have decided to keep the
> proceedings open. We are not entirely sure why, but apparently this can
> happen. A decision will be due ten days from the date the case officially
> closes. We will keep you posted.
>
> Tyler and Haven are optimistic. Tyler is back on his bike training."

That message was sent to subscribers to the THF mailing list (but so
far not posted on the foundation's web page).

Tony Rall

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

> On 10 Mar 2005 13:37:54 -0800, [email protected] wrote:
>
>>Isn't Tyler's CAS ruling expected on 3/12??

> Wasn't it a USADA, not CAS, hearing?

There's no such thing as a "USADA hearing." Only a CAS hearing.

Magilla

On 03/11/2005 05:43 PM, in article [email protected],
"MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>
>> On 10 Mar 2005 13:37:54 -0800, [email protected] wrote:
>>
>>> Isn't Tyler's CAS ruling expected on 3/12??

>> Wasn't it a USADA, not CAS, hearing?
>>

> There's no such thing as a "USADA hearing." Only a CAS hearing.

You are wrong.

There is an intial hearing on behalf of the USADA by members of the American
Arbitration Association (AAA). If the decision of that hearing goes against
the accused athlete, the athlete may then appeal the decision to the Court
of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), which has the final say.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BE582622.13DDC%[email protected]...
> On 03/11/2005 05:43 PM, in article [email protected],
> "MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

>>> Wasn't it a USADA, not CAS, hearing?
>>>

>> There's no such thing as a "USADA hearing." Only a CAS hearing.

> You are wrong.
>
> There is an intial hearing on behalf of the USADA by members of the
> American
> Arbitration Association (AAA). If the decision of that hearing goes
> against
> the accused athlete, the athlete may then appeal the decision to the Court
> of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), which has the final say.

http://www.usantidoping.org/resources/faqs.aspx
The USADA Review Board presents its recommendation to USADA. Then, USADA is
responsible for proceeding to the adjudication of the matter or closing the
matter. USADA forwards the Review Board's recommendation to the athlete, the
NGB, the USOC, the relevant IF and WADA.

the athlete has the right to choose between two separate hearing
procedures.
a.. The athlete may elect to proceed to a hearing before the
American Arbitration Association (AAA) using a single arbitrator (or a
three-arbitrator panel, if requested by either of the parties) selected from
a pool of the North American Court of Arbitration for Sport (NACAS)
arbitrators, who shall also be AAA arbitrators or
b.. The athlete may elect to proceed directly to a final and
binding hearing before the full Court of Arbitration for Sport held in the
United States.

The AAA Supplementary Procedures for Arbitration initiated by USADA apply to
the hearing before AAA/NACAS. The regular CAS Appellate rules apply to
hearings held before CAS.

Steven L. Sheffield wrote:

> On 03/11/2005 05:43 PM, in article [email protected],
> "MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

>>>Wasn't it a USADA, not CAS, hearing?
>>>

>>There's no such thing as a "USADA hearing." Only a CAS hearing.

> You are wrong.
>
> There is an intial hearing on behalf of the USADA by members of the American
> Arbitration Association (AAA). If the decision of that hearing goes against
> the accused athlete, the athlete may then appeal the decision to the Court
> of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), which has the final say.

The initial hearing is not "on behalf of USADA." That hearing is called
USADA v. Hamilton and it is before the CAS (that is what just happened
in Tyler's case).

If that decision goes against the athlete it can be appealed to the
International CAS.

There is no such thing as a USADA hearing.

Magilla

Steven L. Sheffield wrote:

> On 03/11/2005 05:43 PM, in article [email protected],
> "MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

>>>Wasn't it a USADA, not CAS, hearing?
>>>

>>There's no such thing as a "USADA hearing." Only a CAS hearing.

> You are wrong.
>
> There is an intial hearing on behalf of the USADA by members of the American
> Arbitration Association (AAA). If the decision of that hearing goes against
> the accused athlete, the athlete may then appeal the decision to the Court
> of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), which has the final say.

Dumbass,

Watch your attitude with me.

The hearing before the 3 arbitrators of the AAA is called a CAS hearing
(North American Court of Arbitration for Sport). Tyler just finished
his CAS hearing.

There's no such thing as a "USADA hearing."

If Tyler appeals it, it goes to the International CAS in Switzerland.
The UCI also has the option of appealing to the International CAS (but
USADA does not).

Magilla