Polar watch not uploading distance properly

Gerry

Guest
I have a Polar S625X and use the Polar Precision SW that comes with the
product.

When I go running, the watch shows a certain distance, but when I xfer the
data to my PC, the distance on the "Exercise 1" tab is off by 10+ km. If I
click on the graph, the distance is correct for the graph. I use the
distance from the graph to correct the distance on the "Exercise 1" tab, but
this is annoying.

I once tried to combine two workouts into one (when I inadvertantly turned
my watch off during a run). I don't know if that caused the problem with the
inaccurate distance reading, but I vaguely remember the problem coming up
around that time (not 100% sure though).

Any ideas on what's causing the problem, or how to find a resolution? I
tried sending my question to Polar but haven't heard back (for over 3
months).

Gerry

Gerry wrote:
> I have a Polar S625X and use the Polar Precision SW that comes with the
> product.
>
> When I go running, the watch shows a certain distance, but when I xfer the
> data to my PC, the distance on the "Exercise 1" tab is off by 10+ km. If I
> click on the graph, the distance is correct for the graph. I use the
> distance from the graph to correct the distance on the "Exercise 1" tab, but
> this is annoying.

Is it off like km vs miles? Mine was doing that for awhile - downloads
showed one distance in one window and another in the other, but one was
km and the other miles, regardless of what the label said. I just set
everything to km distance and m elevation and it seems to be ok now.

Dot

--
"Do or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

Dot wrote:
> Gerry wrote:
>
>> I have a Polar S625X and use the Polar Precision SW that comes with the
>> product.
>>
>> When I go running, the watch shows a certain distance, but when I xfer
>> the
>> data to my PC, the distance on the "Exercise 1" tab is off by 10+ km.
>> If I
>> click on the graph, the distance is correct for the graph. I use the
>> distance from the graph to correct the distance on the "Exercise 1"
>> tab, but
>> this is annoying.

> Is it off like km vs miles? Mine was doing that for awhile - downloads
> showed one distance in one window and another in the other, but one was
> km and the other miles, regardless of what the label said. I just set
> everything to km distance and m elevation and it seems to be ok now.

it's all perspective isnt it? to me it sounds like you broke it!

> Dot

The first thing to do is to make sure you're running the latest version of
the Polar Precision Performance software. An update was released on February
21st brining the version to 4.02.037. You can download it here, by the link
in the upper right:
http://support.polar.fi/PKBSupport.nsf/Software/PPPSW4?openForm

I bet that fixes your issue.

"Gerry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have a Polar S625X and use the Polar Precision SW that comes with the
> product.
>
> When I go running, the watch shows a certain distance, but when I xfer the
> data to my PC, the distance on the "Exercise 1" tab is off by 10+ km. If I
> click on the graph, the distance is correct for the graph. I use the
> distance from the graph to correct the distance on the "Exercise 1" tab,

but
> this is annoying.
>
> I once tried to combine two workouts into one (when I inadvertantly turned
> my watch off during a run). I don't know if that caused the problem with

the
> inaccurate distance reading, but I vaguely remember the problem coming up
> around that time (not 100% sure though).
>
> Any ideas on what's causing the problem, or how to find a resolution? I
> tried sending my question to Polar but haven't heard back (for over 3
> months).
>
> Gerry

Thanks, I'll try that.
Gerry

"Jeff H" <-@-> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> The first thing to do is to make sure you're running the latest version of
> the Polar Precision Performance software. An update was released on

February
> 21st brining the version to 4.02.037. You can download it here, by the

link
> in the upper right:
> http://support.polar.fi/PKBSupport.nsf/Software/PPPSW4?openForm
>
> I bet that fixes your issue.
>

> "Gerry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I have a Polar S625X and use the Polar Precision SW that comes with the
> > product.
> >
> > When I go running, the watch shows a certain distance, but when I xfer

the
> > data to my PC, the distance on the "Exercise 1" tab is off by 10+ km. If

> > click on the graph, the distance is correct for the graph. I use the
> > distance from the graph to correct the distance on the "Exercise 1" tab,

> but
> > this is annoying.
> >
> > I once tried to combine two workouts into one (when I inadvertantly

turned
> > my watch off during a run). I don't know if that caused the problem with

> the
> > inaccurate distance reading, but I vaguely remember the problem coming

up
> > around that time (not 100% sure though).
> >
> > Any ideas on what's causing the problem, or how to find a resolution? I
> > tried sending my question to Polar but haven't heard back (for over 3
> > months).
> >
> > Gerry

Tried it, but didn't fix the problem. Any other ideas? Is there a "reset"
function? I didn't have this problem when I first got the watch, but I think
it cropped up after I tried to combine two exercises. I may have messed
something up in that attempt.

"Gerry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Thanks, I'll try that.
> Gerry
>
> "Jeff H" <-@-> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > The first thing to do is to make sure you're running the latest version

of
> > the Polar Precision Performance software. An update was released on

> February
> > 21st brining the version to 4.02.037. You can download it here, by the

> link
> > in the upper right:
> > http://support.polar.fi/PKBSupport.nsf/Software/PPPSW4?openForm
> >
> > I bet that fixes your issue.
> >

> > "Gerry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > I have a Polar S625X and use the Polar Precision SW that comes with

the
> > > product.
> > >
> > > When I go running, the watch shows a certain distance, but when I xfer

> the
> > > data to my PC, the distance on the "Exercise 1" tab is off by 10+ km.

If
> > > click on the graph, the distance is correct for the graph. I use the
> > > distance from the graph to correct the distance on the "Exercise 1"

tab,
> > but
> > > this is annoying.
> > >
> > > I once tried to combine two workouts into one (when I inadvertantly

> turned
> > > my watch off during a run). I don't know if that caused the problem

with
> > the
> > > inaccurate distance reading, but I vaguely remember the problem coming

> up
> > > around that time (not 100% sure though).
> > >
> > > Any ideas on what's causing the problem, or how to find a resolution?

> > > tried sending my question to Polar but haven't heard back (for over 3
> > > months).
> > >
> > > Gerry

Leafing through rec.running, I read a message from [email protected]
of 25 Mar 2005:

> Tried it, but didn't fix the problem. Any other ideas? Is there a
> "reset" function? I didn't have this problem when I first got the
> watch, but I think it cropped up after I tried to combine two
> exercises. I may have messed something up in that attempt.

I have a Polar S610i. The manual describes how you can reset the watch to
its default settings. Check your manual. It may be the same for the
S625x.

This is from the manual for the S610i:

> Resetting clears watch settings which will return to the default
> settings. User information and measuring units settings will be saved.
> Press the RESET button with a pen tip. Display becomes full of
> digits.If you don’t press any button after reset within one minute the
> wrist receiver goes to the Time of Day display. Press any of the
> buttons once. The time of day is displayed.

Phil M.

--
Don't quit when the hill is steepest,
For your goal is almost nigh;