LC Lava cake at Ruby Tuesday again

Scionyx

Guest
I reported last October about this wonderful desert at Ruby Tuesday. It
clocks in at a whopping 632 calories for the cup-cake sized dish.

Since then, the few times I went and asked for it, they were out. And as of
2-3 weeks ago, it's off the menu.

Oh well! :)

Steve

"Scionyx" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I reported last October about this wonderful desert at Ruby Tuesday. It
>clocks in at a whopping 632 calories for the cup-cake sized dish.
>
> Since then, the few times I went and asked for it, they were out. And as
> of 2-3 weeks ago, it's off the menu.
>
> Oh well! :)
>
> Steve

i really like the cheesecake there - never tried the other desserts

Scionyx <[email protected]> wrote:
> I reported last October about this wonderful desert at Ruby Tuesday.
> It clocks in at a whopping 632 calories for the cup-cake sized dish.

Damn! LC or not that's packs a serious punch. Might as well eat the real
thing for that hit or consider that dessert a meal.

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:56:12 -0500, nanner <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Scionyx" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> I reported last October about this wonderful desert at Ruby Tuesday. It
>> clocks in at a whopping 632 calories for the cup-cake sized dish.
>>
>> Since then, the few times I went and asked for it, they were out. And
>> as
>> of 2-3 weeks ago, it's off the menu.
>>
>> Oh well! :)
>>
>> Steve
>>

> i really like the cheesecake there - never tried the other desserts

These cheesecake is also much lower in cals, by about 200 calories.

--
Bob in CT

"Bob M" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:56:12 -0500, nanner <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> "Scionyx" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> I reported last October about this wonderful desert at Ruby Tuesday. It
>>> clocks in at a whopping 632 calories for the cup-cake sized dish.
>>>
>>> Since then, the few times I went and asked for it, they were out. And
>>> as
>>> of 2-3 weeks ago, it's off the menu.
>>>
>>> Oh well! :)
>>>
>>> Steve
>>>

>> i really like the cheesecake there - never tried the other desserts
>>

> These cheesecake is also much lower in cals, by about 200 calories.

Bonus!

Scionyx wrote:

> I reported last October about this wonderful desert at Ruby Tuesday. It
> clocks in at a whopping 632 calories for the cup-cake sized dish.
>
> Since then, the few times I went and asked for it, they were out. And as of
> 2-3 weeks ago, it's off the menu.
>
> Oh well! :)
>
> Steve

I hadn't been to Ruby Tuesday for a while but found myself at one
ca two weeks ago. Much to my dismay, they no longer have the menu
with all the nice LC features (not speaking of dessert here). I
asked the waiter, and he said they could make things LC, but
that's not the same. They still have the cauliflower puree listed
on the menu, and you can substitute it (or any other side) for
fries etc., but I am still bummed out. They don't have the most
wonderful food, but it was really nice to have all the options
they presented--and all that nutritional info.

--
Jean B.

No wonder you became so fat.

--
Forty thousand people die every day. Why aren't you one of them? -- MFW

--

FAQ: A Beginner's Guide to LowCarb Living

GENERAL QUESTIONS
1a. What is the purpose of alt.support.diet.low-carb?

To provide practical advice, emotional support, and encouragement to
those who wish to improve their health, appearance, and/or mood levels
through a low carbohydrate program. The name of the group,
alt.support.diet.low-carb (here after referred to as a.s.d.l-c) is
somewhat unfortunate because the word "diet" is often interpreted as "a
temporary regimen that's somehow expected to lead to permanent weight
loss," rather than its original meaning of "how one eats."

The membership of a.s.d.l-c encourages open discussions, we encourage
people to participate but request that a tone of civility be maintained
at all times. Disagreements are fine, but attacks, flame wars, or
arguments that are between individuals are better saved for the more
appropriate venue of email.

The internet has a subset of people that attempt to boost their self
esteem by belittling people around them.
Some people call it "flaming" but in reality it's just idiots showing
their asses in public.

On 3/22/2005 12:22 AM, Scionyx wrote:
> "Jean B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Scionyx wrote:
>>

>>>I reported last October about this wonderful desert at Ruby Tuesday. It
>>>clocks in at a whopping 632 calories for the cup-cake sized dish.
>>>
>>>Since then, the few times I went and asked for it, they were out. And as
>>>of 2-3 weeks ago, it's off the menu.
>>>
>>>Oh well! :)
>>>
>>>Steve
>>>

>>I hadn't been to Ruby Tuesday for a while but found myself at one ca two
>>weeks ago. Much to my dismay, they no longer have the menu with all the
>>nice LC features (not speaking of dessert here). I asked the waiter, and
>>he said they could make things LC, but that's not the same. They still
>>have the cauliflower puree listed on the menu, and you can substitute it
>>(or any other side) for fries etc., but I am still bummed out. They don't
>>have the most wonderful food, but it was really nice to have all the
>>options they presented--and all that nutritional info.
>>
>>--
>>Jean B.

> I think that was part of the problem. For example, they have some New
> Orleans Salmon dish, if I remember correctly, that clocked in around 750
> Calories. The LC version was still around 650 or more. I think that scared
> customers, for example, because when I saw that I ordered some LC chicken
> dish that down around 475. Later, they still had both dishes, but moved all
> the nutritional info to a separate book. And now that you mention it, I
> didn't see either the double listings or the info-book on the table last
> time I went.
>
> On another tangent, I asked at a Red Lobster if I could bring in my own box
> of Dreamfields and they said no. So I ordered the Garlic Alfredo w/Shrimp
> as a side (just the sauce) and a side of veggies, and mixed them together.
> That was OK. If you try it, ask for a HALF order of the sauce with ALL the
> shrimp. Add a salad and Voila!
>
> :)
>
> Steve

I hope that this helps!

http://www.rubytuesday.com/smartEating/pdf/Nutrition.pdf

--
jmk in NC

On 3/22/2005 8:15 AM, jmk wrote:
> On 3/22/2005 12:22 AM, Scionyx wrote:
>
>> "Jean B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> I hadn't been to Ruby Tuesday for a while but found myself at one ca
>>> two weeks ago. Much to my dismay, they no longer have the menu with
>>> all the nice LC features (not speaking of dessert here). I asked the
>>> waiter, and he said they could make things LC, but that's not the
>>> same. They still have the cauliflower puree listed on the menu, and
>>> you can substitute it (or any other side) for fries etc., but I am
>>> still bummed out. They don't have the most wonderful food, but it
>>> was really nice to have all the options they presented--and all that
>>> nutritional info.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jean B.

>> I think that was part of the problem. For example, they have some New
>> Orleans Salmon dish, if I remember correctly, that clocked in around
>> 750 Calories. The LC version was still around 650 or more. I think
>> that scared customers, for example, because when I saw that I ordered
>> some LC chicken dish that down around 475. Later, they still had both
>> dishes, but moved all the nutritional info to a separate book. And
>> now that you mention it, I didn't see either the double listings or
>> the info-book on the table last time I went.
>>
>> On another tangent, I asked at a Red Lobster if I could bring in my
>> own box of Dreamfields and they said no. So I ordered the Garlic
>> Alfredo w/Shrimp as a side (just the sauce) and a side of veggies, and
>> mixed them together. That was OK. If you try it, ask for a HALF order
>> of the sauce with ALL the shrimp. Add a salad and Voila!
>>
>> :)
>>
>> Steve

> I hope that this helps!
>
> http://www.rubytuesday.com/smartEating/pdf/Nutrition.pdf

Actually, this might be more helpful:

http://www.rubytuesday.com/menu/SEchoices.htm

--
jmk in NC

"Scionyx" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Scionyx <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> I reported last October about this wonderful desert at Ruby Tuesday.
>>> It clocks in at a whopping 632 calories for the cup-cake sized dish.

>> Damn! LC or not that's packs a serious punch. Might as well eat the real
>> thing for that hit or consider that dessert a meal.
>>

> Oh , I agree! Just a little salad from the salad-bar, then LAVA! :)
> Actually, I didn't realize how high the calorie-count was until I was
> researching my notes.
>
> Steve

Be careful at Ruby Tuesday salad bar - I have no clue what's in the
dressings and I don't use them BUT the Vinegar is "Salad Vinegar" and it
lists sugar in the ingredients. I have used lemon and oil as a dressing
there and also brought my own red wine vinegar (I have a small pocket-book
sized pump for it)