Re: FA Third Book of Curries curry vintage

Gregory Morrow

Guest
LindaBeynon SPAMMED:

> This delightful little book is in VGC
> One of the most interesting things about this book is that it features
> curry recipes from some of the less usual countries such as Iraq, Iran
> , Indonesia Turkey Burma etc. Also gives names & addresses of
> contributors from across the world.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&d=1&item=453639637&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

I've reported your repeated SPAMMING of various groups to both Google and
Ebay - expect to lose both accounts VERY soon...

--
Best
Greg

Gregory Morrow wrote:
> LindaBeynon SPAMMED:
>

>>This delightful little book is in VGC
>>One of the most interesting things about this book is that it features
>>curry recipes from some of the less usual countries such as Iraq, Iran
>>, Indonesia Turkey Burma etc. Also gives names & addresses of
>>contributors from across the world.
>>

> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&d=1&item=453639637&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
>

> I've reported your repeated SPAMMING of various groups to both Google and
> Ebay - expect to lose both accounts VERY soon...

Google apparently doesn't care what you post. They say that they don't
regulate content. What else is there?

As for your objection, Why is an offer to sell a cookbook out of place here?

Jerry

Jerry Avins thusly makes a fool of hisself:

> Gregory Morrow wrote:
> > LindaBeynon SPAMMED:
> >

> >>This delightful little book is in VGC
> >>One of the most interesting things about this book is that it features
> >>curry recipes from some of the less usual countries such as Iraq, Iran
> >>, Indonesia Turkey Burma etc. Also gives names & addresses of
> >>contributors from across the world.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&d=1&item=453639637&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

> > I've reported your repeated SPAMMING of various groups to both Google

and
> > Ebay - expect to lose both accounts VERY soon...

> Google apparently doesn't care what you post. They say that they don't
> regulate content. What else is there?

You need to read their Terms of Use to disabuse yourself of your
misconceptions.

> As for your objection, Why is an offer to sell a cookbook out of place

here?

It's SPAM you cretin.

--
Best
Greg

Gregory Morrow wrote:

> It's SPAM you cretin.

Oh? Define spam. Hint: it is /not/ "a message I don't like."

Jerry

In article <[email protected]>, Jerry Avins <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Gregory Morrow wrote:

> > It's SPAM you cretin.

> Oh? Define spam. Hint: it is /not/ "a message I don't like."
>
> Jerry

Spam is an unsolicited message sent as one of a set of messages that are
substantially the same.

Advertising is unsolicited in most groups. The OP posts a large volume
of book advertisements. The curry ad was not posted elsewhere, but the
picnic ad was.

In the groups I run we have solved the spam problem by soliciting
advertisements (except of course from Mrs. Bonk's notorious boyfriend).
--
Until next time,
Marcey

Marcia Pease wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Jerry Avins <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>Gregory Morrow wrote:

>>>It's SPAM you cretin.

>>Oh? Define spam. Hint: it is /not/ "a message I don't like."
>>
>>Jerry

> Spam is an unsolicited message sent as one of a set of messages that are
> substantially the same.
>
> Advertising is unsolicited in most groups. The OP posts a large volume
> of book advertisements. The curry ad was not posted elsewhere, but the
> picnic ad was.
>
> In the groups I run we have solved the spam problem by soliciting
> advertisements (except of course from Mrs. Bonk's notorious boyfriend).

Respectfully, Marcy, I disagree. Spam is /both/ unsolicited and sent in
large volume. Being unsolicited isn't enough: the start of every thread
is unsolicited. Volume alone isn't enough: newsletters are sent out to
thousands of recipients.

I don't see that commercial recommendations by their very being are
spam. When I put the finishing touches on my combination
burn-salve/apron-waterproofer/shoe-polish/cast-iron-seasoner, I intend
that the denizens of this august group will be the first to know, and I
will offer it for sale at cost plus a modest increment commensurate with
my genius. No one could denigrate such a marvelous offering as "spam".

Jerry

Jerry Avins drivels:

> Marcia Pease wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>, Jerry Avins <[email protected]>
> > wrote:

> >>Oh? Define spam. Hint: it is /not/ "a message I don't like."
> >>
> >>Jerry

> > Spam is an unsolicited message sent as one of a set of messages that are
> > substantially the same.
> >
> > Advertising is unsolicited in most groups. The OP posts a large volume
> > of book advertisements. The curry ad was not posted elsewhere, but the
> > picnic ad was.
> >
> > In the groups I run we have solved the spam problem by soliciting
> > advertisements (except of course from Mrs. Bonk's notorious boyfriend).

> Respectfully, Marcy, I disagree. Spam is /both/ unsolicited and sent in
> large volume. Being unsolicited isn't enough: the start of every thread
> is unsolicited. Volume alone isn't enough: newsletters are sent out to
> thousands of recipients.
>
> I don't see that commercial recommendations by their very being are
> spam. When I put the finishing touches on my combination
> burn-salve/apron-waterproofer/shoe-polish/cast-iron-seasoner, I intend
> that the denizens of this august group will be the first to know, and I
> will offer it for sale at cost plus a modest increment commensurate with
> my genius. No one could denigrate such a marvelous offering as "spam".

Every single *one* of your posts I've ever run across can be technically
considered "spam" - that's because you are advertising your sheer
*stupidity*...but (fortunately) no one is "buying".

"Too bad, so sad..."

--
Best
Greg

"Jerry Avins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Marcia Pease wrote:
>> In article <[email protected]>, Jerry Avins <[email protected]>
>> wrote:

>>>Oh? Define spam. Hint: it is /not/ "a message I don't like."
>>>
>>>Jerry

>> Spam is an unsolicited message sent as one of a set of messages that are
>> substantially the same. Advertising is unsolicited in most groups. The
>> OP posts a large volume of book advertisements. The curry ad was not
>> posted elsewhere, but the picnic ad was.
>>
>> In the groups I run we have solved the spam problem by soliciting
>> advertisements (except of course from Mrs. Bonk's notorious boyfriend).

> Respectfully, Marcy, I disagree. Spam is /both/ unsolicited and sent in
> large volume. Being unsolicited isn't enough: the start of every thread is
> unsolicited. Volume alone isn't enough: newsletters are sent out to
> thousands of recipients.
>
> I don't see that commercial recommendations by their very being are spam.
> When I put the finishing touches on my combination
> burn-salve/apron-waterproofer/shoe-polish/cast-iron-seasoner, I intend
> that the denizens of this august group will be the first to know, and I
> will offer it for sale at cost plus a modest increment commensurate with
> my genius. No one could denigrate such a marvelous offering as "spam".

Want to bet <g>?

The way I see it, spam is unsolicited *and* commercial. The volume has
nothing to do with it although almost all spam is of course sent in large
volume.

--
Peter Aitken

Remove the **** from my email address before using.

Peter Aitken wrote:

> The way I see it, spam is unsolicited *and* commercial. The volume has
> nothing to do with it although almost all spam is of course sent in large
> volume.

I don't believe that your ISP uses your definition. Isn't that what counts?

Jerry

Peter Aitken wrote:

> "Jerry Avins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Marcia Pease wrote:

> >> Spam is an unsolicited message sent as one of a set of messages that

are
> >> substantially the same. Advertising is unsolicited in most groups.

The
> >> OP posts a large volume of book advertisements. The curry ad was not
> >> posted elsewhere, but the picnic ad was.
> >>
> >> In the groups I run we have solved the spam problem by soliciting
> >> advertisements (except of course from Mrs. Bonk's notorious boyfriend).

> > Respectfully, Marcy, I disagree. Spam is /both/ unsolicited and sent in
> > large volume. Being unsolicited isn't enough: the start of every thread

is
> > unsolicited. Volume alone isn't enough: newsletters are sent out to
> > thousands of recipients.
> >
> > I don't see that commercial recommendations by their very being are

spam.
> > When I put the finishing touches on my combination
> > burn-salve/apron-waterproofer/shoe-polish/cast-iron-seasoner, I intend
> > that the denizens of this august group will be the first to know, and I
> > will offer it for sale at cost plus a modest increment commensurate with
> > my genius. No one could denigrate such a marvelous offering as "spam".
> >

> Want to bet <g>?
>
> The way I see it, spam is unsolicited *and* commercial. The volume has
> nothing to do with it although almost all spam is of course sent in large
> volume.

Yep...you are spot - on...and besides which there is the newsgroup
rec.food.marketplace on which to post sale offerings...

If I'm in the market for a product or service I AIN'T gonna go to a
newsgroup (except if it's a .forsale or .marketplace group). Dumbie MOOSH
brains like Avins up there I guess just don't get this basic concept...

--
Best
Greg

Jerry Avins wrote:

> Peter Aitken wrote:

> > The way I see it, spam is unsolicited *and* commercial. The volume has
> > nothing to do with it although almost all spam is of course sent in

large
> > volume.

> I don't believe that your ISP uses your definition. Isn't that what

counts?

Nope.

--
Best
Greg

"Gregory Morrow"
<[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> Jerry Avins drivels:
>
> > Marcia Pease wrote:
> > > In article <[email protected]>, Jerry Avins

<[email protected]>

> > > Spam is an unsolicited message sent as one of a set of messages that

are
> > > substantially the same.
> > >
> > > Advertising is unsolicited in most groups. The OP posts a large

volume
> > > of book advertisements. The curry ad was not posted elsewhere, but

the
> > > picnic ad was.
> > >
> > > In the groups I run we have solved the spam problem by soliciting
> > > advertisements (except of course from Mrs. Bonk's notorious

boyfriend).

> > Respectfully, Marcy, I disagree. Spam is /both/ unsolicited and sent in
> > large volume. Being unsolicited isn't enough: the start of every thread
> > is unsolicited. Volume alone isn't enough: newsletters are sent out to
> > thousands of recipients.
> >
> > I don't see that commercial recommendations by their very being are
> > spam. When I put the finishing touches on my combination
> > burn-salve/apron-waterproofer/shoe-polish/cast-iron-seasoner, I intend
> > that the denizens of this august group will be the first to know, and I
> > will offer it for sale at cost plus a modest increment commensurate with
> > my genius. No one could denigrate such a marvelous offering as "spam".
> >

> Every single *one* of your posts I've ever run across can be technically
> considered "spam" - that's because you are advertising your sheer
> *stupidity*...but (fortunately) no one is "buying".
>
> "Too bad, so sad..."

Gregory, you should be ashamed of yourself talking like that to a valued
member of this group (a.c-c) such as Jerry.
On this occasion I sadly have to agree with Marcia and yourself that the OP
is posting to newsgroups on a regular basis with "targeted spam". You would
be justified in reporting her and it would not be the first occasion she has
been reported.
If the OP were to hang around and indulge in some conversation or become a
regular poster to the group or acknowledge the fact she has caused dissent
then perhaps it would not be so bad but she doesn't. Her sole intention is
to make money out of us, she is not interested in the group or the
discussion that goes on here. I for one, have no wish to spend my hard
earned money downloading messages from a spammer.
Having said all this I feel there is no need for the rudeness displayed by
you. I do hope you will see fit to apologise to Jerry and make amends.
Mrs Bonk

Mrs Bonk" <****@cutey.com> wrote:

> Having said all this I feel there is no need for the rudeness displayed by
> you. I do hope you will see fit to apologise to Jerry and make amends.

Nope.

[BTW you should change yer moniker to "Mrs. BONK"...that way Sheldon here
might take a fancy to you and BANG you in that "****" you mention in yer
email address above...;-p ]

--
Best
Greg

Gregory Morrow follows up to hisself:

> [BTW you should change yer moniker to "Mrs. BONK"

Which it already is I see, I was seeing "Mrs. BRONK"...my profuse apologies,
natcherly... ;--)

--
Best
Greg

Jerry Avins wrote:

> Marcia Pease wrote:
> >

> > Spam is an unsolicited message sent as one of a set of messages that are
> > substantially the same.

[...]

> Respectfully, Marcy, I disagree. Spam is /both/ unsolicited and sent in
> large volume. Being unsolicited isn't enough: the start of every thread
> is unsolicited. Volume alone isn't enough: newsletters are sent out to
> thousands of recipients.

Everybody respects Marcey, but where do you disagree?

Choreboy

Peter Aitken wrote:

> The way I see it, spam is unsolicited *and* commercial. The volume has
> nothing to do with it although almost all spam is of course sent in large
> volume.

I've subscribed to groups where somebody would post a lot of messages
attacking the Theory of Evolution. They weren't commercial, but they
were unsolicited and substantially the same, clogging the group with the
repetition of his opinion. That's against the rules of most ISPs. It's
spam by Marcey's definition.

Choreboy

"Gregory Morrow"
<[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> Gregory Morrow follows up to hisself:
>
> > [BTW you should change yer moniker to "Mrs. BONK"

> Which it already is I see, I was seeing "Mrs. BRONK"...my profuse

apologies,
> natcherly... ;--)

Have you been drinking Gregory? I don't recall you are normally abusive and
vulgar.
If it's your intention to become a troll then you really should be looking
to Marcia, she does the job splendidly and is never coarse.
Please remember, a good troll is worth it's weight in gold.

"Jerry Avins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Peter Aitken wrote:

>> The way I see it, spam is unsolicited *and* commercial. The volume has
>> nothing to do with it although almost all spam is of course sent in large
>> volume.

> I don't believe that your ISP uses your definition. Isn't that what
> counts?
>
> Jerry
> --

It may count for them but not for me. If I get spam it is just as annoying
regardless of whether 1000000 copies were sent out or if mine was the only
one. An ISP is of course concerned with large volume of messages. But it is,
I think, a mistake to look for one precise and correct definition of spam.
It's like a supreme court judge said about pornography, I can't define it
but I know it when I see it.

--

Mrs Bonk wrote:

> "Gregory Morrow"
> <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Gregory Morrow follows up to hisself:
> >
> > > [BTW you should change yer moniker to "Mrs. BONK"

> > Which it already is I see, I was seeing "Mrs. BRONK"...my profuse

> apologies,
> > natcherly... ;--)
> >

> Have you been drinking Gregory? I don't recall you are normally abusive

and
> vulgar.

No. Why do you consider my post "abusive and vulgar"? Is it that you have
no sense of humour perhaps...???

> If it's your intention to become a troll then you really should be looking
> to Marcia, she does the job splendidly and is never coarse.
> Please remember, a good troll is worth it's weight in gold.

Honey I can out - troll *anybody* if I put my mind to it :)

--
Best
Greg

"Gregory Morrow"
<[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> Mrs Bonk wrote:
>
> > "Gregory Morrow"
> > <[email protected]> wrote in
> > message news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > Gregory Morrow follows up to hisself:

> > > Which it already is I see, I was seeing "Mrs. BRONK"...my profuse

> > apologies,
> > > natcherly... ;--)
> > >

> > Have you been drinking Gregory? I don't recall you are normally abusive

> and
> > vulgar.

> No. Why do you consider my post "abusive and vulgar"? Is it that you

have
> no sense of humour perhaps...???

I can see it will be an uphill struggle trying to refine you.

> > If it's your intention to become a troll then you really should be

looking
> > to Marcia, she does the job splendidly and is never coarse.
> > Please remember, a good troll is worth it's weight in gold.
> >

> Honey I can out - troll *anybody* if I put my mind to it :)

My, what a grand statement, are you sure you haven't taken *something*?