Bobby J at Criterium Int'l

DA74

Guest
Any Bobby fans want to make a prediction as to his chances at Criterium
Int'l?
Win, Podium, Pack Fill, DNF, or 52+DQ?

DA74 wrote:
> Any Bobby fans want to make a prediction as to his chances at Criterium
> Int'l?
> Win, Podium, Pack Fill, DNF, or 52+DQ?

Top-5 in ITT, otherwise pack fill.

"sonarrat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> DA74 wrote:
> > Any Bobby fans want to make a prediction as to his chances at Criterium
> > Int'l?
> > Win, Podium, Pack Fill, DNF, or 52+DQ?

> Top-5 in ITT, otherwise pack fill.

Perhaps it was pre-emptive, but didn't he say he was going to riide for
Voigt in CI?

Carl Sundquist wrote:
> "sonarrat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>DA74 wrote:
>>
>>>Any Bobby fans want to make a prediction as to his chances at Criterium
>>>Int'l?
>>>Win, Podium, Pack Fill, DNF, or 52+DQ?

>>Top-5 in ITT, otherwise pack fill.

> Perhaps it was pre-emptive, but didn't he say he was going to riide for
> Voigt in CI?

Yes, he did.. and damn well he should. Voigt won Paris-Nice for him.
But he'll still show himself in the ITT, like I said...

"sonarrat" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...
> Carl Sundquist wrote:
>> "sonarrat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>>Top-5 in ITT, otherwise pack fill.

>> Perhaps it was pre-emptive, but didn't he say he was going to riide for
>> Voigt in CI?

> Yes, he did.. and damn well he should. Voigt won Paris-Nice for him. But
> he'll still show himself in the ITT, like I said...

They showed an interview of him during the coverage of yesterday's stage
(French TV). He said he's working for Voigt, but the race will determine
whether he can follow that plan or will ride for a podium spot for himself.
I wouldn't think that the ITT isn't long enough for his liking.

"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> They showed an interview of him during the coverage of yesterday's stage
> (French TV). He said he's working for Voigt, but the race will determine
> whether he can follow that plan or will ride for a podium spot for

himself.
> I wouldn't think that the ITT isn't long enough for his liking.

He was working for Voigt? The final stage should be good - hard to pick the
best TT rider out of these four:

1 Thomas Dekker (Bel) Rabobank 2.25.56 (40.498 km/h)
2 Jörg Jaksche (Ger) Liberty Seguros
3 Bobby Julich (USA) Team CSC 0.03
4 Ivan Basso (ITA) Team CSC 0.10
5 Ruben Plaza Molina (Spa) Comunidad Valenciana 1.28

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road.php?id=road/2005/mar05/critint05/critint052

Jeff

Jeff Jones wrote:
> "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > They showed an interview of him during the coverage of yesterday's

stage
> > (French TV). He said he's working for Voigt, but the race will

determine
> > whether he can follow that plan or will ride for a podium spot for

> himself.
> > I wouldn't think that the ITT isn't long enough for his liking.
> >

> He was working for Voigt? The final stage should be good - hard to

pick the
> best TT rider out of these four:
>
> 1 Thomas Dekker (Bel) Rabobank 2.25.56 (40.498

km/h)
> 2 Jörg Jaksche (Ger) Liberty Seguros
> 3 Bobby Julich (USA) Team CSC 0.03
> 4 Ivan Basso (ITA) Team CSC 0.10
> 5 Ruben Plaza Molina (Spa) Comunidad Valenciana 1.28

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road.php?id=road/2005/mar05/critint05/critint052

> Jeff

Judging by the the gap, they must not have made it all on the last
climb? Was Julich policing the break or working with it? He gained
some of his time at Paris-Nice by marking Jaksche under team orders,
and getting in a winning break.

Jeff Jones wrote:
> "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > They showed an interview of him during the coverage of yesterday's

stage
> > (French TV). He said he's working for Voigt, but the race will

determine
> > whether he can follow that plan or will ride for a podium spot for

> himself.
> > I wouldn't think that the ITT isn't long enough for his liking.
> >

> He was working for Voigt? The final stage should be good - hard to

pick the
> best TT rider out of these four:
>
> 1 Thomas Dekker (Bel) Rabobank 2.25.56 (40.498

km/h)
> 2 Jörg Jaksche (Ger) Liberty Seguros
> 3 Bobby Julich (USA) Team CSC 0.03
> 4 Ivan Basso (ITA) Team CSC 0.10
> 5 Ruben Plaza Molina (Spa) Comunidad Valenciana 1.28

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road.php?id=road/2005/mar05/critint05/critint052

> Jeff

Judging by the the gap, they must not have made it all on the last
climb? Was Julich policing the break or working with it? He gained
some of his time at Paris-Nice by marking Jaksche under team orders,
and getting in a winning break.

Julich was obviously the strongest rider at CSC this morning. Basso had a
real hard time holding on to the other 3. He tried to give Julich a leadout
inj the sprint, but it looked like he was moving in slow motion.

"trg" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...
> <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
> [email protected]...
>
> Jeff Jones wrote:
>> "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> >
>> > They showed an interview of him during the coverage of yesterday's

> stage
>> > (French TV). He said he's working for Voigt, but the race will

> determine
>> > whether he can follow that plan or will ride for a podium spot for

>> himself.
>> > I wouldn't think that the ITT isn't long enough for his liking.
>> >

>> He was working for Voigt? The final stage should be good - hard to

> pick the
>> best TT rider out of these four:
>>
>> 1 Thomas Dekker (Bel) Rabobank 2.25.56 (40.498

> km/h)
>> 2 Jörg Jaksche (Ger) Liberty Seguros
>> 3 Bobby Julich (USA) Team CSC 0.03
>> 4 Ivan Basso (ITA) Team CSC 0.10
>> 5 Ruben Plaza Molina (Spa) Comunidad Valenciana 1.28
>>

> http://www.cyclingnews.com/road.php?id=road/2005/mar05/critint05/critint052
>>
>> Jeff

> Judging by the the gap, they must not have made it all on the last
> climb? Was Julich policing the break or working with it? He gained
> some of his time at Paris-Nice by marking Jaksche under team orders,
> and getting in a winning break.
>
> Julich was obviously the strongest rider at CSC this morning. Basso had a
> real hard time holding on to the other 3. He tried to give Julich a
> leadout inj the sprint, but it looked like he was moving in slow motion.

He was also the strongest this afternoon-

Final podium

Stage-
Julich
Voigt
Arvesen
Dekker

General-
Julich
Dekker
Jackshe

Jeff Jones wrote:
> "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > They showed an interview of him during the coverage of yesterday's

stage
> > (French TV). He said he's working for Voigt, but the race will

determine
> > whether he can follow that plan or will ride for a podium spot for

> himself.
> > I wouldn't think that the ITT isn't long enough for his liking.
> >

> He was working for Voigt? The final stage should be good - hard to

pick the
> best TT rider out of these four:
>
> 1 Thomas Dekker (Bel) Rabobank 2.25.56 (40.498

km/h)
> 2 Jörg Jaksche (Ger) Liberty Seguros
> 3 Bobby Julich (USA) Team CSC 0.03
> 4 Ivan Basso (ITA) Team CSC 0.10
> 5 Ruben Plaza Molina (Spa) Comunidad Valenciana 1.28

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road.php?id=road/2005/mar05/critint05/critint052

> Jeff

>Judging by the the gap, they must not have made it all on the last
>climb? Was Julich policing the break or working with it? He gained
>some of his time at Paris-Nice by marking Jaksche under team orders,
>and getting in a winning break.

I didn't see the break develop. But in an interview afterwards today, Julich
said that he felt great today ("my legs were turning by themselves"), and
that in the break he bluffed a bit, not showing his true strength. Seems to
have been a good strategy since Jaksche did a bit more of the work that the
others. And it may have shown in the performances in the ITT.

trg wrote:

> "trg" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
> [email protected]...
> > <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
> > [email protected]...
> >
> > Jeff Jones wrote:
> >> "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> > stage

> > determine
> >> himself.
> >> >
> >> He was working for Voigt? The final stage should be good - hard to

> > pick the
> >> best TT rider out of these four:
> >>
> >> 1 Thomas Dekker (Bel) Rabobank 2.25.56 (40.498

> > km/h)
> >> 2 Jörg Jaksche (Ger) Liberty Seguros
> >> 3 Bobby Julich (USA) Team CSC 0.03
> >> 4 Ivan Basso (ITA) Team CSC 0.10
> >> 5 Ruben Plaza Molina (Spa) Comunidad Valenciana 1.28
> >>

> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/road.php?id=road/2005/mar05/critint05/critint052
> >>
> >> Jeff

> > Judging by the the gap, they must not have made it all on the last
> > climb? Was Julich policing the break or working with it? He gained
> > some of his time at Paris-Nice by marking Jaksche under team orders,
> > and getting in a winning break.
> >
> > Julich was obviously the strongest rider at CSC this morning. Basso had a
> > real hard time holding on to the other 3. He tried to give Julich a
> > leadout inj the sprint, but it looked like he was moving in slow motion.
> >

> He was also the strongest this afternoon-
>
> Final podium
>
> Stage-
> Julich
> Voigt
> Arvesen
> Dekker
>
> General-
> Julich
> Dekker
> Jackshe

So is CI an important race or is this another meaningless victory for Mr.
Julich? MagPie G.?

mag·pie

mag·pie (mag?pi´) noun

1. ...
2. ...
3. A person who chatters.

trg wrote:
> "trg" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
> [email protected]...
>
>><[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
>>[email protected]...
>>
>>Jeff Jones wrote:
>>
>>>"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>stage

>>determine

>>>himself.

>>>He was working for Voigt? The final stage should be good - hard to

>>pick the
>>
>>>best TT rider out of these four:
>>>
>>>1 Thomas Dekker (Bel) Rabobank 2.25.56 (40.498

>>km/h)
>>
>>>2 Jörg Jaksche (Ger) Liberty Seguros
>>>3 Bobby Julich (USA) Team CSC 0.03
>>>4 Ivan Basso (ITA) Team CSC 0.10
>>>5 Ruben Plaza Molina (Spa) Comunidad Valenciana 1.28
>>>

>>http://www.cyclingnews.com/road.php?id=road/2005/mar05/critint05/critint052
>>
>>>Jeff

>>Judging by the the gap, they must not have made it all on the last
>>climb? Was Julich policing the break or working with it? He gained
>>some of his time at Paris-Nice by marking Jaksche under team orders,
>>and getting in a winning break.
>>
>>Julich was obviously the strongest rider at CSC this morning. Basso had a
>>real hard time holding on to the other 3. He tried to give Julich a
>>leadout inj the sprint, but it looked like he was moving in slow motion.
>>

> He was also the strongest this afternoon-
>
> Final podium
>
> Stage-
> Julich
> Voigt
> Arvesen
> Dekker
>
> General-
> Julich
> Dekker
> Jackshe

Amazing. Now, would the prudent thing be to send him to the Giro, or
give him a break before the Tour de Suisse and TdF?

-Sonarrat.

Dear Apeshit,

Try telling Vinokourov that Paris-Nice isn't good preparation for the
Tour...

-Sonarrat.

trg wrote:

> Julich was obviously the strongest rider at CSC this morning. Basso

had a
> real hard time holding on to the other 3. He tried to give Julich a

leadout
> inj the sprint, but it looked like he was moving in slow motion.

if julich was in this position four years ago - the win coming down to
a wet technical TT - he would've crashed ten times during his ride.

no ****, julich can't win the tour, but he can win smaller races like
Paris-Nice
and the CI, which have UCI points which = money. These are still huge
races
that I honestly never imagined Julich winning. He's too old to be
saving himself for
a hypothetical result at the tour anyway.

Who are these "real pros" that are saving themselves for the Tour? Only
maybe 10-15 riders can really compete for GC in the Tour enough to
"save" themselves for the Tour, the rest are either domeys or David
Mouncoutie types that need to win little races and race all season.
Most of those dudes are hoping to win a kermesse or little one day race
to get enough UCI points to get their contract renewed.
Other dudes on little MROZ type teams are trying to win some 1.5 race
in Bulgaria.
I think it's cool that Julich is winning over there, I remember Lance
TRYING to win Paris-Nice
back in 95, but he couldn't get his linebacker style physique over the
climbs with
that daintly little climber Jalabert.
Webcor gumby warriors, that is some funny **** though.
Riis knows what he's doing, he took Julich from near retirement to
winning some big races.
The Tour is boring anyway, cycling is more than the tour, I'm tired of
hearing about Lance and the TDF.

[email protected] wrote:

> no ****, julich can't win the tour, but he can win smaller races like
> Paris-Nice
> and the CI, which have UCI points which = money. These are still huge
> races
> that I honestly never imagined Julich winning. He's too old to be
> saving himself for
> a hypothetical result at the tour anyway.

Why are you so excited about Camelback winning a race with dumbed-down
competition?

Jew Lick's not even going to be on the podium at Georgia. Put the Curel
lotion away.

Thanks,

Magilla

[email protected] wrote:

<snip>

> The Tour is boring anyway, cycling is more than the tour, I'm tired of
> hearing about Lance and the TDF.

The Tour is boring only because the B. Jew Lick's of the sport are so
much worse than the top guys, that they come off looking like a bunch of
Cat. 4's in 1970 racing against John Howard.

Do you also get excited when Adam Sandler beats Michael Jordan in a
celebrity basketball game?

Thanks,

Magilla