A heavy based pan
Golden Treacle
1kg of granulated sugar
1½ pints of water
Bicarbonate of soda
3 medium sized baking tins
A wooden spoon
A sugar thermometer
Add the sugar and water to the pan, bring to the boil, gently stirring.
Meanwhile take your three baking tins and lightly sprinkle the bases
with bicarbonate of soda. Next add four tablespoons of golden treacle
to the pan and heat to around 150°C. Finally pour equal amounts of the
syrup into each tin and stir lightly for a few seconds. Leave the
baking tins in a cool place over night. Next morning you should have a
well risen honeycombed Cinder toffee.
---

Sheldon

nancree wrote:
> Sounds horrid ! Sorry !
>
> Nancree

Au contraire!

My wife says this is delicious, and definitely worth making...

nancree wrote:
> Sounds horrid ! Sorry !
>
> Nancree

Why?

Sandi

Robin T Cox wrote:
> nancree wrote:
> > Sounds horrid ! Sorry !
> >
> > Nancree
> >

> Au contraire!
>
> My wife says this is delicious, and definitely worth making...

"Nancree" sounds horrid; "Nan" the Pinhead from "Cree"dmoor!
http://www.omh.state.ny.us/omhweb/facilities/crpc/facility.htm

This Nancree character (a LIAR who claims to have me killfiled) has
some friggin' nerve for someone who has never contributed anything
positive to this Newsgroup, NOTHING, NEVER, NOT EVER.

Here's another Cinder Toffee recipe:
http://thefoody.com/sweets/cindertoffee.html

Sheldon

In article <[email protected]>,
Robin T Cox <[email protected]> wrote:

> nancree wrote:
> > Sounds horrid ! Sorry !
> >
> > Nancree
> >

> Au contraire!
>
> My wife says this is delicious, and definitely worth making...

It sounds a lot (though not exactly) like hokey pokey, which is a very
common sweet in New Zealand. Hokey pokey is definitely worth making,
and this sounds like it is too.

Miche

--
WWMVD?

Miche wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Robin T Cox <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > nancree wrote:
> > > Sounds horrid ! Sorry !
> > >
> > > Nancree
> > >

> > Au contraire!
> >
> > My wife says this is delicious, and definitely worth making...

> It sounds a lot (though not exactly) like hokey pokey, which is a

very
> common sweet in New Zealand. Hokey pokey is definitely worth making,

> and this sounds like it is too.

Hmm, you had to put your 2¢ in and shake it all about. <G>

http://www.rainforestwebs.com/recipes/hokey.html

Sheldon