wound on my hand

I have a wound on my hand that I got 3.5 months ago. It's not healing
very well. Can someone recommend something I can take to help it heal
better?

Thanks.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I have a wound on my hand that I got 3.5 months ago. It's not healing
> very well. Can someone recommend something I can take to help it heal
> better?

A visit to your doctor would be in order. We can't examine the wound. In
addition, other conditions, like diabetes, which affects wound healing, come
to mind.

Let your doctor who can examine you, get your medical history and order the
appropriate tests help you.

Jeff

> Thanks.

Vitamin C. 1000 mgs. Take anywhere from 2 to 5 or more, 3 or 4 times a
day. If you get the runs or stomach upset, you've taken too much, cut
back a bit.

Get tested for diabetes, now! If you show up as insulin resistant or
diabetic, get a copy of Dr Bernsteins Diabetes Solution book and read
it from cover to cover.

TC

[email protected] wrote:
> I have a wound on my hand that I got 3.5 months ago. It's not

healing
> very well. Can someone recommend something I can take to help it

heal
> better?
>
> Thanks.

"TC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Vitamin C. 1000 mgs. Take anywhere from 2 to 5 or more, 3 or 4 times a
> day. If you get the runs or stomach upset, you've taken too much, cut
> back a bit.
>
> Get tested for diabetes, now! If you show up as insulin resistant or
> diabetic, get a copy of Dr Bernsteins Diabetes Solution book and read
> it from cover to cover.

or better yet, go to your doctor who actually knows what she is doing.

Jeff

Jeff wrote:
> "TC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Vitamin C. 1000 mgs. Take anywhere from 2 to 5 or more, 3 or 4

times a
> > day. If you get the runs or stomach upset, you've taken too much,

cut
> > back a bit.
> >
> > Get tested for diabetes, now! If you show up as insulin resistant

or
> > diabetic, get a copy of Dr Bernsteins Diabetes Solution book and

read
> > it from cover to cover.

> or better yet, go to your doctor who actually knows what she is

doing.

> Jeff

Sure, of course... she'll have several expensive prescription salves
for you to chose from. She'll take care of the symptom for sure. By all
means go.

TC

"TC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Jeff wrote:
>> "TC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > Vitamin C. 1000 mgs. Take anywhere from 2 to 5 or more, 3 or 4

> times a
>> > day. If you get the runs or stomach upset, you've taken too much,

> cut
>> > back a bit.
>> >
>> > Get tested for diabetes, now! If you show up as insulin resistant

> or
>> > diabetic, get a copy of Dr Bernsteins Diabetes Solution book and

> read
>> > it from cover to cover.

>> or better yet, go to your doctor who actually knows what she is

> doing.
>>
>> Jeff
>>

> Sure, of course... she'll have several expensive prescription salves
> for you to chose from. She'll take care of the symptom for sure. By all
> means go.

Considering that we can't see her wound, feel her pulse, get her medical
history, do lab tests or otherwise examine her over the internet, she is
much better off going to a doctor than listening to some guy on the internet
who tells her to take vitamin C.

Jeff

> TC

Today's doctors aren't exactly curing the world of diseases, now, are
they? Diabetes and heart disease are increasing rapidly while they
"treat" us to the tune of billions in prescriptions and treatments per
year and we seem to be getting sicker.

People are dying of diabetes-related complications on the American
Diabetes Association diet. Their website clearly states that they do
not know what precisely causes diabetes, but they are more than
prepared to presume to treat you with blood glucose test kits, drugs
and a high carb diet while you get sicker and sicker.

Doctors have less than a couple of months worth of training in
nutrition, if they have that much. Doctors are primarily trained to
prescribe drugs and treatments, not to actually seek to resolve health
problems.

I figure you stand at least an equal (or possibly better) chance of
resolving medical issues listening to this guy on the internet who
tells her to take vitamins C as you do seeing a modern day medical
doctor. Kinda sad, really.

TC

Jeff wrote:

> Considering that we can't see her wound, feel her pulse, get her

medical
> history, do lab tests or otherwise examine her over the internet, she

is
> much better off going to a doctor than listening to some guy on the

internet
> who tells her to take vitamin C.
>
> Jeff
>
> > TC

"Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "TC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Jeff wrote:
> >> "TC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> > times a

> > cut

> > or

> > read
> >>
> >> or better yet, go to your doctor who actually knows what she is

> > doing.
> >>
> >> Jeff
> >>

> > Sure, of course... she'll have several expensive prescription salves
> > for you to chose from. She'll take care of the symptom for sure. By all
> > means go.

> Considering that we can't see her wound, feel her pulse, get her medical
> history, do lab tests or otherwise examine her over the internet, she is
> much better off going to a doctor than listening to some guy on the

internet
> who tells her to take vitamin C.
>
> Jeff

I say it is cancer. Anybody else want to make a diagnosis?

http://www.advocatehealth.com/cmc/services/other/wound/

> > TC

Balanced amino acids and Vit C.

Focus on the Growth Hormone releasing aminos more, like arginine and
ornithine. Don't let people fool you with protein. It is not the same thing
at all. Get the "free form amino acids"

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have a wound on my hand that I got 3.5 months ago. It's not healing
> very well. Can someone recommend something I can take to help it heal
> better?
>
> Thanks.

Exactly. You are the asshole on the Internet telling her to go to a doctor.
How stupid is that?

"Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "TC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Jeff wrote:
> >> "TC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> > times a

> > cut

> > or

> > read
> >>
> >> or better yet, go to your doctor who actually knows what she is

> > doing.
> >>
> >> Jeff
> >>

> > Sure, of course... she'll have several expensive prescription salves
> > for you to chose from. She'll take care of the symptom for sure. By all
> > means go.

> Considering that we can't see her wound, feel her pulse, get her medical
> history, do lab tests or otherwise examine her over the internet, she is
> much better off going to a doctor than listening to some guy on the

internet
> who tells her to take vitamin C.
>
> Jeff
>
> > TC

"TC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Today's doctors aren't exactly curing the world of diseases, now, are
> they? Diabetes and heart disease are increasing rapidly while they
> "treat" us to the tune of billions in prescriptions and treatments per
> year and we seem to be getting sicker.

Please provide a better alternative, other than people eating less and
getting less excercise.

The reality of the matter is that people are making themselves sick.

> People are dying of diabetes-related complications on the American
> Diabetes Association diet.

Can you provide evidence of this? I mean that they are actually following
the diet.

> Their website clearly states that they do
> not know what precisely causes diabetes, but they are more than
> prepared to presume to treat you with blood glucose test kits, drugs
> and a high carb diet while you get sicker and sicker.

We do know what causes most cases of diabetes: eating too much and not
getting enough excercise, for most cases.

I did not know that blood glucose test kits are used to treat people. I
thought they were so that you can montior your own treatments. And most docs
don't recommend a high carb diet for diabetes.

The fact of the matter is that most people who are diabetic (type ii) are
too fat, don't excercise and don't follow their diets.I

> Doctors have less than a couple of months worth of training in
> nutrition, if they have that much. Doctors are primarily trained to
> prescribe drugs and treatments, not to actually seek to resolve health
> problems.

Actually, doctors do try to resolve health problems. They recommend healthy
diets, and their treatments do work. Their treatments are not perfect.

> I figure you stand at least an equal (or possibly better) chance of
> resolving medical issues listening to this guy on the internet who
> tells her to take vitamins C as you do seeing a modern day medical
> doctor. Kinda sad, really.

You figure wrong.

Jeff

"Pizza Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Exactly. You are the asshole on the Internet telling her to go to a
> doctor.
> How stupid is that?

Thanks. I love you too.

Do you have a better idea? We can't examine her, we don't know her medical
history, and we can't order lab tests. And poor would healing is a sign of
diabetes.

A doctor is the best bet.

Jeff

> Balanced amino acids and Vit C.
>
> Focus on the Growth Hormone releasing aminos more, like arginine and
> ornithine. Don't let people fool you with protein. It is not the same
> thing
> at all. Get the "free form amino acids"

Do you have peer-reviewed evidence that this will help?

The name of the group is sci.med.nutrition (short for
science.medicine.nutrition), not stupid.advice.

Jeff

"Can someone recommend something I can take to help it heal
better? "
..
I'm not a physician so I can't dispense medical advise *BUT* I can tell
you that years ago the sap from the balsam tree was used to heal
wounds. It sometimes healed them too well as deeper wounds would heal
over and not be able to drain.
The sap was marketed as "Canada Balsam"

Take you rown advice and don't give advice on the Internet.

Don't tell me you can't see the irony in that.

Sorry about the name calling. Just getting your attention

"Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Pizza Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Exactly. You are the asshole on the Internet telling her to go to a
> > doctor.
> > How stupid is that?

> Thanks. I love you too.
>
> Do you have a better idea? We can't examine her, we don't know her medical
> history, and we can't order lab tests. And poor would healing is a sign of
> diabetes.
>
> A doctor is the best bet.
>
> Jeff

Don't be sore now. That was another thread

"Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Pizza Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Balanced amino acids and Vit C.
> >
> > Focus on the Growth Hormone releasing aminos more, like arginine and
> > ornithine. Don't let people fool you with protein. It is not the same
> > thing
> > at all. Get the "free form amino acids"

> Do you have peer-reviewed evidence that this will help?
>
> The name of the group is sci.med.nutrition (short for
> science.medicine.nutrition), not stupid.advice.
>
> Jeff

I remember reading about grape seed extract having healing properties
in this context, if you're just looking to try different "herbal" kinds
of things for the hell of it. Sounds like it might be a sign of
something more serious, as someone mentioned above.

I remember reading about grape seed extract having healing properties
in this context, if you're just looking to try different "herbal" kinds
of things for the hell of it. Sounds like it might be a sign of
something more serious, as someone mentioned above.

"Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Pizza Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Balanced amino acids and Vit C.
> >
> > Focus on the Growth Hormone releasing aminos more, like arginine and
> > ornithine. Don't let people fool you with protein. It is not the same
> > thing
> > at all. Get the "free form amino acids"

> Do you have peer-reviewed evidence that this will help?
>
> The name of the group is sci.med.nutrition (short for
> science.medicine.nutrition), not stupid.advice.
>
> Jeff

Everybody is just guessing here which is why it is more accurate to wait for
the autopsy for a definitive diagnosis.

> ornithine. Don't let people fool you with protein. It is not the same
> thing
> at all. Get the "free form amino acids"

please to provide citations for that.