Quebec indoor velodrome project started

Jason Spaceman

Guest
Looks like there could be an indoor velodrome built in Quebec City, according to
CyclingNews -->
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2005/apr05/apr08news

Currently there is one under construction in London, Ontario -->
http://www.forestcityvelodrome.ca/

And one could possibly be built in or around the Toronto area -->
http://www.motionpark.ca/index.html (although Toronto will do the usual Toronto
thing and build condos instead).

J. Spaceman
--
My email address ([email protected]) is fake. Email sent to it
will only get caught in my spam tarpit.

Jason Spaceman <[email protected]> writes:

> Looks like there could be an indoor velodrome built in Quebec City, according to
> CyclingNews -->
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2005/apr05/apr08news
>
> Currently there is one under construction in London, Ontario -->
> http://www.forestcityvelodrome.ca/
>
> And one could possibly be built in or around the Toronto area -->
> http://www.motionpark.ca/index.html (although Toronto will do the usual Toronto
> thing and build condos instead).

LONDON, Ontario late completion

As many of you knew, the opening night of April 16th was the date Albert &
I were shooting for to open up the Forest City Velodrome with exciting
Nas-track Madison & London Track League Racing.

The good news is that the sub- structure for the new Velodrome in London
Ontario is 99% complete, today we were doing the finishing touches on the
track in preparation for laying of the riding surface.

Unfortunately the bad news is that the plywood did not arrive at our self
imposed deadline of 4pm today and is not to be delivered before Tuesday of
next week. The craftsmen would not have enough time to complete their work
and give us time to get riders trained on the track. The riders who would
be competing have lots of track experience we felt that by postponing the
opening 1 week we could safely bring all the racers up to speed. We did
not want to have any mishaps on the track because of lack of riding time
for the opener.

Albert & I apologize for anyone who may have made special arrangements to
attend the racing on the 16th, however I'm sure you all understand that we
are at the mercy of the Manufacturer of the plywood.

The rescheduled date for the opening night of racing is Saturday April
23rd, 7 PM start time.

Saturday April 9th Facility Clean-up:

This weekend there is a work detail at the facility beginning at 9 am
Saturday to finish painting the grandstand seats & general clean-up, If you
are in London drop by and lend a hand for a couple of hours.

Sorry about the delay, it's only 1 week. Not bad considering the project
began December 18th.

Yours in Sport
Rob Good