Re: New invention

ChangingLINKS.com

Guest
Some kind of small tool pouch that could clamp securely onto the frame
or to the seatpost -

Computer just threw up a Blue Screen Of Death as I was typing this, but
I'm still here somehow, so I'm not sure what bit of software just choked
on me. Anyway...

- of any unicycle would be handy. I have one of those little cellphone
pouches that mounts on a clip that attaches to the post, but I'm not
confident of its ability to survive an impact. I rigged up some "rails"
under my saddle to carry an underseat bag, which works really well, but
you can't switch the bag to a different uni, and you can't remove the
saddle from the post without breaking the rails off.

--
weeble - There can be only one... wheel

==============
Another Joe in MN
Level 2 and holding
==============

weeble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1625

I have that exact same one, Catboy, and it works pretty well. I would
think you could find some sort of hard plastic or metal case that you
could zip tie or some how clamp to your frame right under the seat that
would hold an allen wrench, or even a small bike multitool.

--
loosejello
loosejello's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8295

Get a camelbak. If you are on long enough rides that you will be
changing you seat height, you will also need water. A camelbak won't
increase the uni's weight and will be more utilitarian.

I used to have a saddlebag on my muni, before I started seat out hopping
and carrying a camelbak. It contained a pump and some other stuff. All
of that stuff has moved to my camelbak now.

If you refuse to carry a camelbak, just get a couple of neodymium
magnets and attach the allen key with them. Or you could glue some
velcro onto the uni and the allen key, and then just velcro it on. Or
you could make a small duct tape pouch that holds a few minimalist
tools. Or you could weld on a small pouch with a thumbscrew for toolless
entry. Or you could just get a quick release seatclamp. It'd be cheaper,
lighter, and quiteter than some wrench attached in some unlikely way.

As for the spoke wrench, the coolest place to keep one of those is in
your spokes.

Heonestly, though, the camelbak is the best bet.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Nick's main man.

"The genesis of genocide is like a Pagan religion; carefully hidden,
woven into the holidays of a Christian."-Immortal Technique

* I need a profile hub, any condition, as long as the splines work! (PM
me) *

I disagree.Camelbks suck except for really long rides.They bounce up and
down and are useless unless you just ride without doing technical stuff
or hopping.

--
forrestunifreak - Team YAMS member

Old school,new school,dont go to school.

if you can get your camelbak to stay in one place, i have a backpack
camelbak, its great for rolling over logs and stumps and trees and
rocks and everything. mine has saved my back a ton of pain

--
THE dave - Insane

Toast
dave

My nimbus is brokish...
MUni 4 Life
THE dave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9259

Its good for that kind of stuff,but start hpping on logs and rocks,and
(mine anyway)while start to bounce like crazy,and eventaully rub sore
spots on my neck.Maybe mines just cheap.

--

ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> *I have had good luck using an airseat. More air, higher seat. Low air
> lower seat. The max difference is probably an inch and a half, but it
> feels like 3 inches. *

that all well and good but u still need to carry a pump

--
saam - One Wheel Short of a Bike

Life is only as fun as you make it

84/603 UO NKS rating

[email protected] (add me)
saam's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9168

forrestunifreak wrote:
> *Its good for that kind of stuff,but start hpping on logs and
> rocks,and (mine anyway)while start to bounce like crazy,and eventaully
> rub sore spots on my neck.Maybe mines just cheap. *

I've landed a >26" sidehop no prehop while wearing a camelbak holding
~85 oz of water, tools, and a camera. I figure if I can do that, there
isn't much on the trail that is gonna stop me due ot camelbak bouncing.
I carry mine on trials rides and just set it aside when i don't want to
wear it. I have also learned to time my hops to fit the bounce, so it
doesn't stifle my jumping.

Only crappy QR seatclamps slip. Enough said.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Nick's main man.

"The genesis of genocide is like a Pagan religion; carefully hidden,
woven into the holidays of a Christian."-Immortal Technique

* I need a profile hub, any condition, as long as the splines work! (PM
me) *

I agree it would be nice to have a good, out of the way, system to
always have the critical allen wrenches on the uni. That way they're
always there, even if you're riding sans camelback.

I carry allen wrenches in my hydration pack, the back pocket must have
worked open at Moab because I ended up losing my metric set.

I've switched to the Salsa Seat post clamp, as 'recommended by JC'
(http://tinyurl.com/59xd4), when the tension is set right it doesn't
slip.

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride