Blackburn Airstik

Ken

Guest
Lost the handle of my Airstik. I'm left with just the red tube
sticking out of the pump barrel, threaded to take the handle assembly.
It must've dropped off while I was cycling as it's not in my shed.

1.Any ideas as to where I might come by a new handle?

2.Has anyone ever managed to achieve a pressure of more than 80psi
with one of these?

John

in message <[email protected]>, Ken
('[email protected]') wrote:

> Lost the handle of my Airstik. I'm left with just the red tube
> sticking out of the pump barrel, threaded to take the handle assembly.
> It must've dropped off while I was cycling as it's not in my shed.
>
> 1.Any ideas as to where I might come by a new handle?

Write to Blackburn. There's an official service kit for the Airstick
which includes most of the small parts but it doesn't include the
handle, so you'll have to get it direct from them. Specify whether it's
the old style with the all black handle with a domed end, or the new
style with the grey go-faster stripe and the diagonal end with a grey
rubber insert

> 2.Has anyone ever managed to achieve a pressure of more than 80psi
> with one of these?

Yup. I have four, one for each bike, and I can easily get 120psi with
any of them.

/Highly/ recommended.

;; no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.
;; Jim Morrison

I would also ask Question 2 in respect of the Blackburn Shorty Comp. Having
tried using mine for the first time I found it rather feeble. Beautifully
made ... but efficient?

news:[email protected]...