or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Photos and video from a tour of Santa Barbara.

post #1 of 175
terminaut wrote:
> Several days of rain earlier in the week, coupled with last Saturday's
> excellent weather in Santa Barbara created riding conditions perfect
> as can be. Four of us began early in the morning and rode till
> darkness set in. Our leisurely photo-taking pace barely allowed us to
> finish all three trails that we were interested in... Cold Springs,
> Tunnel, and San Ysidro. None of us had ridden San Ysidro before and
> it turned out to be a great way to end the day. The top portion was
> flowy unlike anything else I've ever been on, then it transitioned to
> some fun techie sections towards the bottom.
>
> The video was done entirely with clips from our digicams and the (lack
> of) quality sort of shows as the terrain looks relatively smooth
> compared to reality.

<Snipping a fantastic trail>

Wow! That looks like fun! I think the tunnel impressed me the most.
Note to self: plan a work related conference in SB!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Re: Photos and video from a tour of Santa Barbara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminaut
Several days of rain earlier in the week, coupled with last Saturday's
excellent weather in Santa Barbara created riding conditions perfect
as can be. Four of us began early in the morning and rode till
darkness set in. Our leisurely photo-taking pace barely allowed us to
finish all three trails that we were interested in... Cold Springs,
Tunnel, and San Ysidro. None of us had ridden San Ysidro before and
it turned out to be a great way to end the day. The top portion was
flowy unlike anything else I've ever been on, then it transitioned to
some fun techie sections towards the bottom.

View this thread with images inline here:
http://www.fooriders.com/webmain/ind...&p=69956#69956
Wow, very neat pictures, and lots of them. The singlespeeder was cool, and the water bar drop had me remembering amb-id o2 when Jim M biffed one of those right in front of me, broke some ribs, and it just got fun from there.

cb/paladin
post #3 of 175

terminaut wrote:
> Several days of rain earlier in the week, coupled with last Saturday's
> excellent weather in Santa Barbara created riding conditions perfect
> as can be.

Looks like a fantastic trail, and a fantastic ride. Nice pics too. I'm
envious.
--
Westie
(Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

terminaut@singlespeed-dot-net.no-spam.invalid (terminaut) wrote in message news:<terminautjazgY75W@nntp.fooriders.com>...
> 88MB WMV video:
> http://www.fooriders.com/videos/sb.wmv

I don't think I could ever ride with a group that seems to never shut
up and just ride. All of that "woohoo" stuff is quite a joke. It
sure took away from what looks like a fantastic trail in a (normally)
serene setting. Enjoy your crowd, someone has to.

JD
post #5 of 175

terminaut wrote:
> Several days of rain earlier in the week, coupled with last Saturday's
> excellent weather in Santa Barbara created riding conditions perfect
> as can be. Four of us began early in the morning and rode till
> darkness set in. Our leisurely photo-taking pace barely allowed us to
> finish all three trails that we were interested in... Cold Springs,
> Tunnel, and San Ysidro. None of us had ridden San Ysidro before and
> it turned out to be a great way to end the day. The top portion was
> flowy unlike anything else I've ever been on, then it transitioned to
> some fun techie sections towards the bottom.
>
> The video was done entirely with clips from our digicams and the (lack
> of) quality sort of shows as the terrain looks relatively smooth
> compared to reality.

comment on video:
1. just the music please. The peanut gallery is sort of like the instrcutor
singing along in spin class.
2. Helmet cam.
post #6 of 175

terminaut wrote:

>My aren't we feeling self-important? I don't believe any of us gives
>a rat's ass whether you could ride with us, but thanks anyways.

heh.

--

* enjoying the karma *
remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email

"small change" <pennysinvalid@cetinvalid.com> wrote in message
> comment on video:
> 1. just the music please. The peanut gallery is sort of like the
> instrcutor
> singing along in spin class.
> 2. Helmet cam.

Thanks... I'm going to remove the running-commentary by Andy for the public
version of the vid; nobody likes to hear him hootin' I guess. LOL. It's his
first time out with his digicam in action so he's quite enthusiastic.

As for a helmet-cam, I've got a setup that I've sometimes used, but fear of
mangling myself in a rockpile kept the camcorder at home so our small
cheapie digicams had to suffice. Here's a long-ish helmet-cam video I put
together of some L.A. riding...

http://www.fooriders.com/uploaded/videos/redbox1k.mp4
post #8 of 175

terminaut@singlespeed-dot-net.no-spam.invalid (terminaut) wrote in message news:<terminautZ9Stn5d3@nntp.fooriders.com>...
> > JDwrote:

> > I don't think I could ever ride with a group that seems to never

> shut up and just ride.
> > JD

> My aren't we feeling self-important? I don't believe any of us gives
> a rat's ass whether you could ride with us, but thanks anyways.

Oh, it's not about riding with you and your "woohoo" friends because I
can find my way wherever on my own. It's about enjoying the outdoors
without having to hear a bunch of wannabanshees yelp like wounded
canines. The first time I ride with one of those is always the last
time. It's interesting how many people just might find all of that
noise intrusive and churlish.

JD
post #9 of 175

Jason Coutu <coutu@sask.trlabs.ca> wrote in message news:<10o49iumcokkke3@corp.supernews.com>...
> JD wrote:
>
> > terminaut@singlespeed-dot-net.no-spam.invalid (terminaut) wrote in message

> shut up and just ride.
> >>
> >> My aren't we feeling self-important? I don't believe any of us gives
> >> a rat's ass whether you could ride with us, but thanks anyways.

> > Oh, it's not about riding with you and your "woohoo" friends because I
> > can find my way wherever on my own. It's about enjoying the outdoors
> > without having to hear a bunch of wannabanshees yelp like wounded
> > canines. The first time I ride with one of those is always the last
> > time. It's interesting how many people just might find all of that
> > noise intrusive and churlish.
> >
> > JD

> On the other hand some of us look at it as the cost of introducing new
> people to the sport, and nature. In a world the seems to encourage eat,
> consme and be entertained, These are good things. I ride with a group of
> grad 4-8 twice a year, and yes the pace and the noise can be irritating,
> but I can always move off ahead for a bit and then fall back to get my
> noise free "just ride" time.
>
> Jason

Apples and oranges. I'm sure you don't take those kids on trails like
the one in the video. I'm sure the noisemakers in the video the OP
posted think they are "experienced" riders yet they don't seem to care
about taking away from the "experience" others may wish. I never let
it ruin a ride, but every time I encounter a group like that, I can't
help but be disgusted by their lack of respect for others who may be
out to enjoy the peace nature provides. The bright side to all of
this is having a few well kept local secrets and insanely remote high
country rides that would not provide enough oxygen for sea-level
dwellers to access, let alone muster up a whimper.

JD
post #10 of 175

terminaut wrote:
> "JD" <dij@usafcct.com> smuggly wrote
>>
>> The bright side to all of this is having a few well kept
>> local secrets and insanely remote high country rides that
>> would not provide enough oxygen for sea-level
>> dwellers to access, let alone muster up a whimper.

> If you're implying anything by this, let me just say that I would put
> good money on the fact that any of the guys riding with me in the
> video would handily drop you on a trail of your choosing.

I'd be happy to take that bet. How much are you willing to lose?

Gary
post #11 of 175

Re: Photos and video from a tour of Santa Barbara.

GeeDubb says:

>> If you're implying anything by this, let me just say that I would put
>> good money on the fact that any of the guys riding with me in the
>> video would handily drop you on a trail of your choosing.

>I'd be happy to take that bet. How much are you willing to lose?

Dang! I knew I should have been following this thread. The fun stuff always
happens where yo least expect it...

Steve "where is Santa B anyway?"
post #12 of 175

"Stephen Baker" <saildesign@aol.comnospam> wrote in message
> GeeDubb says:
>
> >> If you're implying anything by this, let me just say that I would put
> >> good money on the fact that any of the guys riding with me in the
> >> video would handily drop you on a trail of your choosing.

> >I'd be happy to take that bet. How much are you willing to lose?

> Dang! I knew I should have been following this thread. The fun stuff

always
> happens where yo least expect it...
>
> Steve "where is Santa B anyway?"

Might be a good chance for JD to put up or shut up. I mean, what else is he
going to do in SoCal, visit his kid?
post #13 of 175

Stephen Baker wrote:

> Steve "where is Santa B anyway?"

Out back choking down a coffin nail while Santa A entertains the brats.

Bill "premature e-jocularity" S.

('e' cuz it's electr... never mind)
post #14 of 175

"B i l l S o r n s o n" <sorni@bite-me.san.rr.com> wrote in message
> Stephen Baker wrote:
>
> > Steve "where is Santa B anyway?"

> Out back choking down a coffin nail while Santa A entertains the brats.
>
> Bill "premature e-jocularity" S.
>
> ('e' cuz it's electr... never mind)

yeah,

Right after he got done banging your ex-wife B
post #15 of 175

Blob Rager wrote:

> Right after he got done banging your ex-wife B

Gee, Bob, that's a rather ugly thing to say, don't you think? Why don't you
drink some more (alone) and then post more hateful **** later? No hurry, of
course, you ain't goin' nowhere.

Bill "you're a pathetic, sad loser Bob" S.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mountain Bikes