or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Whatever happened to Todd Williams?

post #1 of 4
There may be a few here who keep up with the
elite, or ex-elite runners' goings on, so I
thought someone here might fill us in. I didn't
get too much recent stuff after a brief search.

I remember back in around '94 how he was all full
of bluster, about how he was going to "kick the Africans'
asses" and such. He didn't medal in '96, and he's
kinda disappeared hasn't he?

--
Regards, IM
post #2 of 4

Re: Whatever happened to Todd Williams?

"Sam" <marathonman@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:<Gh7Wc.30574$9Y6.1884@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...

> He tried to make a comeback in the marathon, but just did not have it.

This one short response reminds me of how soon people forget about their
heroes (not that he was ever *your* hero, but just a few years ago,
some of the people here were very interested in Williams, as probably
America's top middle-distance prospect for international competition).

I do recall that he had decided to go with the marathon in the late
'90s, but his best distance seemed to be in the 10K to half-mar.
range. I was thinking that he was a DNF in his '96 Olympics 10K...
I was just wondering what caused his great downfall, as there were
big hopes with him in the mid-'90s.

--
Regards, IM
post #3 of 4

ivy_mike@my-deja.com (ivy_mike) wrote in message news:<13077cb5.0408221140.13fe5955@posting.google.com>...
> There may be a few here who keep up with the
> elite, or ex-elite runners' goings on, so I
> thought someone here might fill us in. I didn't
> get too much recent stuff after a brief search.
>
> I remember back in around '94 how he was all full
> of bluster, about how he was going to "kick the Africans'
> asses" and such. He didn't medal in '96, and he's
> kinda disappeared hasn't he?

http://www.letsrun.com/2003/toddwilliamsi.php
post #4 of 4

yogalete@yahoo.com (Al) wrote in message news:<12961a2d.0408231719.12249672@posting.google.com>...

> http://www.letsrun.com/2003/toddwilliamsi.php

Thanks buddy. I just read all three parts of the interview.
Very good.

--
Regards, IM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: